What's new

Defence ministry okays deals worth over $3bn to buy 15 Chinook, 22 Apache copters

Sorry I read it July.

most importent points to be noted in the news are:

*US defence secretary Ashton Carter’s upcoming visit to India, beginning June 2
*The Apache proposal went to the finance ministry on April 23, while the one to buy Chinooks was sent last week.
* The proposals will later go to the cabinet committee on security, headed by PM Narendra Modi, for final clearance.
*The
latest price extension granted by Boeing for the choppers is valid till June 30.

only tine will tell if we sign the deal in this year or not. because the proposal to buy the chinooks were only send to FM in the last week. i don't think the FM and cabinet committee will Ok the proposal within 2 weeks time.

only tine will tell if we sign the deal in this year or not. because the proposal to buy the chinooks were only send to FM in the last week. i don't think the FM and cabinet committee will Ok the proposal within 2 weeks time.
The deals will be signed but it is a matter of when not if.

I am not sure if Boeing will extend the validity of the price for these two procurements again (they have already done so 2-3 times IIRC).

I'm not convinced both (or even one) of these deals will be signed during the Def Sec's visit on June 2nd but I am pretty confident the CCS will clear both by June 30th.

The deals will be signed but it is a matter of when not if.

I am not sure if Boeing will extend the validity of the price for these two procurements again (they have already done so 2-3 times IIRC).

I'm not convinced both (or even one) of these deals will be signed during the Def Sec's visit on June 2nd but I am pretty confident the CCS will clear both by June 30th.

there are some limits to the patience of Boeing.. they don't extends the validity as the politicians of india wants. if the deal is not signed within june 30 then there is a high chance of contract being cancelled. if the company increase the price after june 30 then the negotiation process will be started again.

lets see how fast the modi gov. will clear the proposals.

there are some limits to the patience of Boeing.. they don't extends the validity as the politicians of india wants. if the deal is not signed within june 30 then there is a high chance of contract being cancelled. if the company increase the price after june 30 then the negotiation process will be started again.

lets see how fast the modi gov. will clear the proposals.
Which is why this deal will be signed- the MoD has shown the intent by clearing this in the DAC, it would be a colossal f*ck up for the deal to not be signed now and these things don't really happen. Once it is past the DAC it is about when not if the deal is signed.

I see no reason why the FM or CCS wouldn't green light these deals especially with the political context where the GoI is trying to project the image of increasing acquisitions and preparedness. It is pretty inevitable really.

Which is why this deal will be signed- the MoD has shown the intent by clearing this in the DAC, it would be a colossal f*ck up for the deal to not be signed now and these things don't really happen. Once it is past the DAC it is about when not if the deal is signed.

I see no reason why the FM or CCS wouldn't green light these deals especially with the political context where the GoI is trying to project the image of increasing acquisitions and preparedness. It is pretty inevitable really.

lets wait and see... generally the CCS and FM take months to clear the projects.

lets wait and see... generally the CCS and FM take months to clear the projects.
The CCS is just a meeting, once the proposals are on the agenda it is about a "yay or nay", the FM part is the more time consuming element for sure. But like I have said, I just can't see these deals not being signed imminently not with the way this GoI is going.

For bureaucratic screw up to result in the price escalation of this deal would be a HUGE political setback and entirely undermine the GoI's efforts to project them as "forward thinking" and reducing red tape and being proactive. Modi, Jaitlety and Parikhor seem to be on the same page, if something comes in the way of these deals being signed I shall be very, very shocked.

The CCS is just a meeting, once the proposals are on the agenda it is about a "yay or nay", the FM part is the more time consuming element for sure. But like I have said, I just can't see these deals not being signed imminently not with the way this GoI is going.

For bureaucratic screw up to result in the price escalation of this deal would be a HUGE political setback and entirely undermine the GoI's efforts to project them as "forward thinking" and reducing red tape and being proactive. Modi, Jaitlety and Parikhor seem to be on the same page, if something comes in the way of these deals being signed I shall be very, very shocked.

mmm...lets see. if the deal goes off, NDA will be another UPA-II in defense. they already reduce the number of Rafael to 36. now this...
only time will tell

Bogus UPA decision. Wasting 3 billion$ on 38 overpriced helicopters, while domestic LCA project got 3 billion$ in whole lifetime. Finally, Parrikar showed real face after doing Rafale 36 bravery drama. Soon he will invite eurofighter also in india. Subramanian Swamy dropped bombshell on Modi, by saying on twitter that modi wants to buy eurofighter too.

What a bullshit !! aek thuu! :tdown:

If this much money was available to HAL in 2008, then they would have delivered Apache type helicopter(with foreign engines) by now. It would reach production by 2018. It is worth it. Now 3 billion$ gone to foreign laboratories. Awesome!! There is no money for test-bed for Kaveri engines, but big money is always available for imports. :disagree:

But hell no, corrupt imports continue and morons are dancing about how "beautiful" imported products are. :hitwall:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom