What's new

Defeat Medicine Mafia and Corrupt Doctors

Verve

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ask your doctors to write the Salt name on the prescription instead of the Brand name. Save hundreds if not thousands of rupees on each prescription. This practice has been ongoing for decades and my brothers (doctors) have been approached countless times as well.

Spread the word in your social circle. Forward this video to all.

Many of my frnds are doctors and i discussed this with them. Why prescribe the brand name and why not just the generic formula name.
Well it seems if doctors start giving generic name prescriptions, the pharmacists will have a field day and as most of our population are not much educated, the pharmacist will sell the brand that gives them the most profit or only the one available with that pharmacist.
We have to accept our society is corrupt to the core, and its very difficult to control. I have seen senior, highly qualified doctors demanding percentage from pharmacists, labs, etc. I have also seen doctors that ask pharmacist to give discount to the patient instead of percentage for him.

The prescription of medicines should be COMPUTERIZED as well as all data of patients in GOVERNMENT hospitals and linked with their CNIC number just as FBR has done with taxes.

Private pharmaceutical companies are giving away INTERNATIONAL Holiday trips, CARS, FUNDING WORKSHOPS / CONFERENCES and other benefits to SENIOR doctors for prescribing their medicines and instructing their JUNIOR doctor staff to do the same

Similarly, the Quality of most local pharmaceutical medicine is NOT on par with international standards where BRIBE money is giving to APPROVE a medicine to be sold locally which could have lethal side effects which we might never know of because of the poor quality of detection and research of the side effects of the medicine manufactured locally.

Back
Top Bottom