What's new

Debunking Kargil Myths & How Pakistan Captured Point 5353

Due to internal indian politics and some old articles (articles written before fall of shangruti etc and signing of ceasefire agreement) some Pakistanis are led to believe that we still hold on to many peaks from mashku valley to chorbat la. We do NOT... most of the above mentioned posts were vacated by the end of conflict in 99. except few dominating positions like 5353 in Daras sector, Shangruti in Batalik sector and Chorbat/5310 in Yaldoro sector. in the upcomming years Indians attempted to capture all these points and managed to capture shangruti and 5310. 5353 is still the elusive objective.

for those asking details of capture and recapture of these features...unfortunately there is very less written meterial from Pakistani side available about these operations, most of it is documented by indians and is already posted on PDF in various threads.
In many cases both sides did'nt bother to publicize their operations because most of these opertion were kind of snatch and grab of vacant posts or unoccupied features without any actual firefight. Case of Shangruti is similar where Pakistani post existed but was vacant due to weather constraints. I dont have the exact date for when it was captured by indians.
Point 5310 was never captured by pakistan. It is also not a significant peak. 5353 is important as it has a view of leh and sirinagar highway.

5310 is not important stragetically at all.

Point 5310 was never captured by pakistan. It is also not a significant peak. 5353 is important as it has a view of leh and sirinagar highway.

5310 is not important stragetically at all.
as i mentioned most of these ops were against unoccupied peaks. and i never argued for its startegic importance, its a separate debate based on one's perception.

Faujeet and GHQ bots literally copying and pasting this.

Where was ISPR between 1999 and 2017???

Infact they didn't even bother pushing this narrative until 2021.

Took a random guy online to do ISPR job. Lmfao.

Last edited:
Not only do they not like hearing facts, they shamelessly deny these peaks were ever under Indian control to begin with, even though Indian military maps show they were. This is what I don't understand about PDF. Instead of creating the narrative and having discussions on how to counter propaganda, it's just meaningless debates with no direction or anything.

The other Kargil thread posted here in all its six pages....not once did I hear anything about Point 5353. If the regular members don't know about it, surely those who moderate this forum should and bring it up.

Yet they remain silent and aloof. It's ridiculous.

How prophetic!!

Still hilarious how it was this guy‘s topic from all these years ago which is now being copied and pasted by all GHQ bots on Twitter. Where was GHQ between 1999 and 2018?

Why did it take over 2 decades to have this information diseminated to the public?

Just like how they don’t teach Pakistanis about United Nations Security Council Resolution 80 which

1. Equates AJK Forces with IOK forces
2. Calls for simultaneous withdrawal from Kashmir

I mean it’s so frustrating how Pakistan refuses to spread and reinforce views that are IN ITS OWN FAVOUR!

Back
Top Bottom