What's new

Deal between PPP, PML-N round the corner: report

Rafael

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dubai: The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) have reportedly reached a deal to sign a new National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) before the upcoming general elections in Pakistan.

Under the deal, Asif Ali Zardari would remain the country’s president and the PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif would be the next prime minister.

While revealing the accord between the two parties, Dawn News anchor Aasma Chaudhry said in her talk show that time will tell whose film is going to be a hit and whose will flop.

None of the parties has yet disavowed the claims of such a deal.

Interestingly, PPP’s Federal Minister Syed Khursheed Shah has earlier said that PML-N would fight the upcoming general election with them. Political forums inferred from Shah’s revelation that a deal was reached between the two major parties.

PML-N’s success in the November by-polls is also seen by some as a part of the deal.

PPP’s leader Nazar Mohammad Gondal did not deny a possible deal with the PML-N, but said his party would continue pursuing its policy of reconciliation.

Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf women’s wing leader Fauzia Qusoori seconded the reports, saying given the PML-N history it was not surprising it would reconcile with the PPP.

Deal between PPP, PML-N round the corner: report | The News Tribe

Means the PM for third time? what about the amendment?

i dont think so the scheme of Zaradri as Prez and Ganja as PM can survive for too long.

Anything and everything is possible in Pakistani politics.

Yes possible but keeping in mind the party politics of the two, plus Nawaz's self-bruised-ego viz a viz some institutions :) i feel its impossible that their policies wont clash.

Zardari wont accept being a powerless Prez and Nawaz wont want to be a powerless PM

Yes possible but keeping in mind the party politics of the two, plus Nawaz's self-bruised-ego viz a viz some institutions :) i feel its impossible that their policies wont clash.

Zardari wont accept being a powerless Prez and Nawaz wont want to be a powerless PM

I don't know much about Zardari's nature but Nawaz cannot share power like Zardari has done in the past 5 years. Any coalition lead by Nawaz is bound to fail due to his huge ego.

Deal will happen & it was expected because corrupt PML-N till date fully supports massively corrupt PPP but in front of the people they curse each other.

I don't know much about Zardari's nature but Nawaz cannot share power like Zardari has done in the past 5 years. Any coalition lead by Nawaz is bound to fail due to his huge ego.

Look amigo PPP, PML-N, PML-Q, ANP, JUI & MQM are the enemies of Pakistan. If some how some way they are destroyed Pakistan will be free from tons & tons of problems for good.

thats what i am saying. Above all Nawaz wont spare damaging Army and zardari cant be fool like him

The only power Zardari has right now is "Co chairmanship" of PPP. May be the deal is not to humiliate President by bringing any resolution against president in Parliament and let him complete his remaining time as a president.

The only power Zardari has right now is "Co chairmanship" of PPP. May be the deal is not to humiliate President by bringing any resolution against president in Parliament and let him complete his remaining time as a president.

It cant be its too late for PML (N) to do that.

lol round the corner ? PPP Goverment isnt investigating Nawaz Sharif and other to have taken money from ISI is part of the deal. IK has been saying this for years..

Nawaz has already said he is okay with Zardari as president.

Army has a problem with Zardari, they are in okay terms with Nawaz since Hamid Gul (messenger boy) ensured him support in a recent meeting...

nawaz would prove to be worst for Pakistan as he is that child who just wants to buy that toy again which he lost...that is all he wishes for...

problem for army is that it cannot ensure 2/3 power to any party or likeminded groups to get Zardari out. thats too risky.

coup is even riskier now.

what options do they have formulate another IJI under Nawaz and hope things to turn in their favour?

then comes the real issue :D

if these two parties are in parliament shair k shakar, as Zardari president and Nawaz Prime minister....guess who will be opposition in the parliament???? :D

I guess, time is on Pakistan's side this time around !!

Back
Top Bottom