What's new

Daudsons Armoury designs Automatic Grenade Launcher for Pakistan Armed Forces

DSA AGL 40 (AUTOMATIC GRENADE LAUNCHER)

1640789_orig.jpg

s154454090489984865_c33_i1_w640.jpeg

DSA AGL 40 is an indigenous design manufactured for the Pakistan Armed Forces. The AGL40 has been successfully tested on various ammunition platforms and is currently undergoing trials.

Most recent version has been equipped with
- Long Range Digital Optical System
- Recoil Dampening System

brochure_agl_page-1.jpg

DSA AGL 40 (AUTOMATIC GRENADE LAUNCHER)

Very good development, this type of system is must have for PA it adds good capability and allow to better fight larger enemy force, will love to see it on LOC.

I think PA is already using US Mk-19 or 45 AGLs.

Very good development, this type of system is must have for PA it adds good capability and allow to better fight larger enemy force, will love to see it on LOC.

I think PA is already using US Mk-19 or 45 AGLs.
Indigenous weapons even if they are 10 percent failing some tests are far better than imported ones.

Hundreds of Mk 19 AGL's were purchased from Turkey.

ideas07.jpg

LMO’s Chief Armorer Instructor Matt Babb examines the Turkish MKEK offering of the MK19 Mod 3 40x53mm grenade machine gun. Pakistan recently began taking delivery of the first of approximately 900 of these from Turkey. LMO was negotiating the training package for Pakistan.

http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=2794

Last edited:
Mk 19 is in service along with QLZ87 AGL.

zwTEg8e.png
Although an old post but will like to point out that the DSA AGL 40 (the Daudsons Armoury product) is more in the league of Mk-19 rather than QLZ87 AGL.

AGL-40 weights around 45 Kg, it is VERY HEAVY to be man portable by a small crew. More suitable for picket deployment and extremely useful on those APC and IFVs. I hope we develop that light armored vehicle that was being discussed and then arm some of those with this or a similar weapon system. Can prove highly efficient.

QLZ87 on other hand is light weight man portable (By a crew of 2/3 as it weights 12Kg without ammo) and more suitable for infantry units as shown in the picture you shared.

@Basel

Although an old post but will like to point out that the DSA AGL 40 (the Daudsons Armoury product) is more in the league of Mk-19 rather than QLZ87 AGL.

AGL-40 weights around 45 Kg, it is VERY HEAVY to be man portable by a small crew. More suitable for picket deployment and extremely useful on those APC and IFVs. I hope we develop that light armored vehicle that was being discussed and then arm some of those with this or a similar weapon system. Can prove highly efficient.

QLZ87 on other hand is light weight man portable (By a crew of 2/3 as it weights 12Kg without ammo) and more suitable for infantry units as shown in the picture you shared.

@Basel

Correct. Mk 19 is a fixed weapon while the QLZ87 is mobile. PA is using the QLZ87 in small numbers.

Seen pics of Police armed with HK AGL.
Sorry but are you sure you are not confusing it with some tear gas launcher?

I am not aware of HK Automatic grenade Launcher with Pakistan army/police.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom