What's new

Dalai Lama: China a 'Great' Nation with 'Harmful' Government

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
Tibet's exiled spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, has called China a "great nation," but described its political system as "harmful."

He told an audience at Washington's National Cathedral Friday that the Chinese people need more freedom and less government censorship.

The Dalai Lama said the Chinese system is harmful to developing individual creativity, adding said he is concerned that poor Chinese have a hard time addressing their grievances through the judicial system.

When someone in the audience asked the Dalai Lama why China objects to his visit to Washington, he replied "ask them."

Chinese officials say they have lodged a protest with the United States over the Dalai Lama's visit to the Capitol Thursday, where he led the U.S. Senate in prayer and met with congressional leaders.

A Foreign Ministry spokesman said Congress should honor its commitment to recognize Tibet as part of China and not support Tibetan independence.

The Dalai Lama denies China's insistence that he is a Tibetan separatist. He said he accepts Chinese rule and only wants more Tibetan autonomy and human rights. He also denies China's assertion that he encourages Tibetan separatists to set themselves on fire as a form of protest.

The Dalai Lama met with President Barack Obama at the White House last week. Mr. Obama repeated his strong support for Tibet's religious and cultural traditions. He commended the Dalai Lama's non-violent approach for more Tibetan autonomy.

Dalai Lama: China a 'Great' Nation with 'Harmful' Government

Yeah, Dalai wish China has a "harmless" government so he can resume ruling Tibet as a dark age theocracy and return Tibetans to slaves. What a pest.

May I say I agree with Dalai Lama on this one? The government keeps doing stupid fruitless "protests" to draw some negative impressions from all over the world. If he wants to visit some country, he should be able to. if China wants to invite Snowden like Russia did, China should be able to. Just shut up and stop making yourself look like a fool.

From what happened in the past week, the Chinese government and security system are crap. They only know how to control and monitor peaceful Han Chinese in order to maintain the so called "harmonious" society, i.e. suppressing dissidence and minor grievances; while allowing separatists and terrorists gain momentum! I fear China may have entered into very turbulent times.

Yeah, Dalai wish China has a "harmless" government so he can resume ruling Tibet as a dark age theocracy and return Tibetans to slaves. What a pest.

If Tibetans want to be "slaves", so be it. Why should Chinese save them and then draw thankless criticisms? If Dalai Lama wants to rule Tibet like an overlord, it doesn't concern me or majority Chinese. The Chinese government should spend more energy and resources on protecting innocent civilians, instead of wasting resources on Tibet. Just my 2 cents.

If Tibetans want to be "slaves", so be it. Why should Chinese save them and then draw thankless criticisms? If Dalai Lama wants to rule Tibet like an overlord, it doesn't concern me or majority Chinese. The Chinese government should spend more energy and resources on protecting innocent civilians, instead of wasting resources on Tibet. Just my 2 cents.

See, that's the difference between China and colonial powers. TIBETANS ARE CHINESE! They are our brothers and sisters just like all other ethnic groups in China.

The your holiness Dalai Lama is a great former slaves owner with a big mouth.

May I say I agree with Dalai Lama on this one? The government keeps doing stupid fruitless "protests" to draw some negative impressions from all over the world. If he wants to visit some country, he should be able to. if China wants to invite Snowden like Russia did, China should be able to. Just shut up and stop making yourself look like a fool.

From what happened in the past week, the Chinese government and security system are crap. They only know how to control and monitor peaceful Han Chinese in order to maintain the so called "harmonious" society, i.e. suppressing dissidence and minor grievances; while allowing separatists and terrorists gain momentum! I fear China may have entered into very turbulent times.

There were even Tibetans standing against lamas and former landlords during the cultural revolution.

The article is from VoA
He is paid by the cia and other countries including india:

"Many international charities, such as The Red Cross, CARE, Catholic Relief Services, The National Christian Council, the American Friends Service Committee, the American Emergency Committee for Tibetan Refugees and others, gave extensively.

Many national governments, such as the UK, France, Canada, New Zealand, the US and especially india gave generously to the Tibetan cause.

Dalai Lama News - The Dalai Lama Cables: Follow the Money - Addendum | Western Shugden Society (WSS)
"

" Several years ago, I asked the Dalai Lama's Department of Finance for details of its budget. In response, it claimed then to have annual revenue of about $US22 million, which it spent on various health, education, religious and cultural programs.

Behind Dalai Lama's holy cloak - Business - Business - theage.com.au"

and plenty more other than this one below:

World News Briefs; Dalai Lama Group Says It Got Money From C.I.A. - New York Times

He is dutifully acting on behalf of his boss after a meeting at the white house
How much worth in his "speech"? Judge for yourself on a person who has already bankrupted his credibility.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom