What's new

Czech Republic keen to be part of CPEC

Khan_21

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/18-May-16/czech-republic-keen-to-be-part-of-cpec

ISLAMABAD: Czech Republic’s Ambassador to Pakistan Jan Fury on Wednesday said that his country was extremely interested to participate in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and wanted access to the Central Asian states through Pakistan.

While speaking at a meeting of the Pakistan-Czech Business Council here, Fury said a high-level Pakistani delegation was due in Prague shortly. "We would take up many issues - including bilateral trade and cooperation, CPEC and route to the resource-rich Central Asia."

Fury said that Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka would also visit Pakistan to cement ties as both countries had good scope for cooperation in the fields of textile, steel, transportation, information technology, electronics, and heavy machinery.

He noted that western media was not painting factual picture of Pakistan where situation had improved and economy was picking up.

"Our trade with India is satisfactory but not as per the potential with Pakistan for which both the governments and the business community can play their role," he underlined.

The ambassador said that Pakistan's major export was textiles, which must be diversified. He also invited Pakistani businessmen to take part in the Europe's oldest trade fair scheduled in September, which would help explore avenues for enhanced collaboration and bring the business communities of Czech Republic and Pakistan closer.

"We have to improve communication between the business communities of the two countries as the trade volume between the two sides is low," he stated.

On the occasion, the Pakistani side led by Amir Atta Bajwa assured all out cooperation to enhance economic ties besides participation in the trade fair and establish a Pakistan pavilion there.

Seems like an odd decision, considering their geographical location. I guess relations with Turkey and Russia may be the reason behind this.

Great news but just one problem,Pakistan cant provide access to Central Asian states as it has no border with it :D

I dont know how true is this article, most probably for the people with zero know how of geo locations, but I am waiting for Tajikistan Ambassador claiming interest in CPEC for access to Tajikistan own market or Sri Lankan Ambassador showing interest for access to Australian market!!!!

If they really want to access Central Asian states they can contact Iran, or Georgia and Azerbaijan. Why will they contact a country which share no border and cant provide access? There are plenty of options, routes available for central Asian states and none of them include Pakistan.

straight line down for the central asian states is through Pakistan especially if they want to get something to or from GCC

That straight line will also pass thru India does it mean India can provide the access? No it cant, without Afghanistan consent it just cant no matter how much it hurts the ego but its a simple fact and geography.
are you forgetting something we already have access to central asian states through khujarab pass/china and this will improve even more with CPEC.

Doesn't he mean the Silk Route instead of CPEC? Czech Republic is landlocked and closer to the Silk Route than Gwadar.

That straight line will also pass thru India does it mean India can provide the access? No it cant, without Afghanistan consent it just cant no matter how much it hurts the ego but its a simple fact and geography.

no it dosent, how the hell is india involved

the only part of Afghanistan that is crossed is the small pan handle and even that is straightforward rather than go westward then down through iran

Come on Man, if they have to go via China why they wont ask directly with China? will Pakistan object? They travel all along the Pakistan to China and than enter Central Asian state! I dont think paying tariff at two countries to reach one Central Asian state with this long route is economically feasible at all when they can have many more easier routes.

C = China
P = Pakistan

Thus CPEC. Therefore Czech Republic wants to get involved in these two countries trade with Central Asia. Here look at the maps below. Do you see the green of the CPEC in Pakistan link up with Central Asia through China via the lines marked red? Notice the terminus in Alma Ata in Kazakstan, Kashgar in China with Islamabad and Gwadar in Pakistan?

cpec_zpscjmhmmmt.png

Blue route to Dushanbe in Tajikistan from Islamabad.

Untitled_zpssje04pkr.png

On the big scale one belt one road initiative which CPEC is part of.

China_central_asia_infrastructure.jpg

I think it is you guy's in India that are cut off. Chah Bahar and all the rest of hot air aides. Here below the physical manifestation in Pakistan of what is going on. Road signs in Roman, Chinese and Cyrillic/Russian as used widely in Central Asia.

Sign_for_foreigners_Karakoram_Highway_Sep_2004.jpg

724951d1180545660-voyagers-trip-skardu-trip-details-pictures-13-kkh-hasan_l9e_pakwheels-com-.jpg

Note the sign below. Kashgar, China 483 km. Alma Ata, Kazakstan 1320 km.

sost-khunjerab-pass-14.jpg

And the road network is being upgraded to handle heavy traffic.

KarakorumHighway.jpg

tumblr_nvwxzk4ULr1qcguv6o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I am not questioning how dear
I know. But Czech Republic saying it is interested does not mean it is going to export beans to Alma Ata and insist on using CPEC. No. It could mean involvement in construction of the infrstructure. It could involve in setting up the supply chain logistics. Trucking companies, warehousing facelties or even investing in setting up units to manufacture or trade Czeck goods along the CPEC industrial zones that are planned along the route to the market along the corridor.

I hope that clears the mist that you have got lost in.

Last edited:
want access to Central Asian
CPEC is not just tarmac. That's just physical black strip. It is the linkages that come with it. It opens entire new economic vista. The corridor offers huge potential for trade to large market along the corridor with Central Asia being on the northern terminus.

Therefore like I said it offers trucking, supply chain, manufacturing companies a opportunity to set up along the corridor to serve the huge market. It does not mean those beans have to come from Czech Republic. It means Czech companies might seek to grab or develop market along the corridor. so using the "beans" analogy they might set up a plant along the corridor to sell along the corridor. I hope that makes sense. In short it is a opportunity. A new economic vista is being oopened up.

I give you another example. In UK when the Channel Tunnel was being discussed in 1980s many Japanese multi nationals were cited as being pro the tunnel. It did not mean the Japanese were going to export their Toyotas to UK and then truck them to France when they could better export them directly to France.

The reason cited was Japanese multinationals were setting up planys in UK that were going to tap into all of Western Europe market. Thus the Toyota plant or Hona plant set up in Burnaston and Swindon respectively would use the tunnel to move their products to all of Western Europe.

In the same way CPEC opens a huge economic vista that could open up potential for so much trade along the entire region. If Pakistan can develop a friendly business like approach and not harass pr try to ask "are you Muslim" to traders than this could turn into huge economic belt that caters for huge market that companies from all over would be silly not to tap into.

My only concern is the Mullahdom will kill of any chance for the human linkages to develop along the corridor because the peoples along this belt are diverse as they come. From in your face athiests, to Chinese moneymen and women to Muslim diehards. A common ground will have to be found that accomodates all the diverse people along this belt or it will just remain miles of tarmac with few trucks going along it. Time will tell.

Seems like an odd decision, considering their geographical location. I guess relations with Turkey and Russia may be the reason behind this.

Pakistan has shortest land distance of Eastern Europe as compare to sea..trading with East Europe has to go around a long ocean route.

Isn't the same thing happened with USA?
Nothing bad happened with USA. Pakistan got the best deal it could have got. Thanks to USA most of Pakistan was built up from ground zero. Thanks to USA most of Pakistan armed forces were built up from ground zero. Thanks to USA Pakistan fought and managed to survive against India - a country 6 times larger in population. This is like tiny Belgium poking Germany for 70 years and still standing. The relative 1:6 ratio is same as Pak/India and Belguim/Germany.

So I certainly think Pak got enough juice out of USA than it actually deserved. It is only the ignorant and retarded in Pakistan who think with their testicles that believe USA did in Pakistan. Far from it. Any problems that Pakistan ran into are largely Pak internal failures not USA.

And drop with your bullshat sarcasm. China or USA will never own Pakistan. Of course smaller countries have to bend more because of their relative size. We live in dog eat dog world after all. India that is 4 times larger than USA dropped Iran like rotten banana when Hillary Clinton came over to have a chat. Did that mean India was "owned" by USA. Japan has huge US military bases. Does it mean it is "owned" by USA?

Link > http://zeenews.india.com/news/india...k-iran-sanctions-hillary-clinton_1759037.html

Last edited:
superior weaponry Patton tanks
This would need another dedicated thread so leave that as it is.

Mongolia got more votes than Pakistan in recent UNHRC election.
That matters nought. If you bagged 100 countries in UN and I bagged just two. USA and China. You know who would have won. Bagging China alone is worth 50 other countries. China is after all 1/5 of the world and heading to be economic giant. We are going to go around and around after this. I end this now.

Back
Top Bottom