What's new

Cultural identity: G-B celebrates ‘Cap Day’ today

Brilliant share @shimshali , congrats to all. Just have a 'khoi', no feathers and no fancy work on it :(.

@krash ,@saiyan0321 ,@Levina , @Joe Shearer , don't miss this thread.

@Side-Winder , could you please share this on social media please. Would be kind of you.
Thank you actually this is my first thread and I am very happy that it was received with such positive reply

I have almost all of the Caps ranging from balti to chilasi :D

Thanks!
The user had tagged me on this thread already.
But I wasn't sure how to respond. India-Pakistan tensions you know. :)

Btw bro are you wearing your topi today?

No worries today is the day we want to promote our cultural and tourism nationally and abroad and the positive and peaceful side of our country

Thank u for the support

:tup:

Very nice Shimshali, I had questions but you answered them all before I got to the thread.

The shape and colour of that Khoi are close to the winter bérêt of our alpine troops :
e0072368_50f7f024b5d2f.jpg

Ours is a lot bigger though, to protect against sun and wind and snow.
And another of our military caps, the shako wears a ghamburi that we
call a casoar, which is French for cassowary.

Thanks a lot mate, great thread, Tay.

I was just thinking about one thing with regards to the cap day. Instead of having it in Sept we should have it in Dec or Jan. That way the rest of the country can wear it too, sort of a renewal of the pledge to GB every year. Imagine it. What a beautiful day it would be.

Thank you actually this is my first thread and I am very happy that it was received with such positive reply

Obviously. You did a brilliant job.

I did for sometime with some new Shalwar, Kameez. My Father is also wearing it, suits older people more. Typical Shalwar, Kameez and a Wasket...

Admit it! You just can't carry it. I wear it with everything and look mighty fine.

Pakistan's original cultural identity is mainly Central Asian. There is a Middle Eastern element as well.
We have little in common with the subcontinent.
Genetically and from a linguistic point of view we have far more in common with Afghanistan, Iran and Turkey.
The vocabulary of our common language has a large number of Persian, and Turkish words.

We do have some residual links with India and Hindu culture but these are fast disappearing.
A new cultural policy is needed to dump the legacy culture.

Back
Top Bottom