Crowd fingers 'waterboy' Yuvraj Singh

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Crowd fingers 'waterboy' Yuvraj Singh
Partha Bhaduri, TNN, Aug 4, 2010
COLOMBO: From dashing middle-order batsman to sidelined 'waterboy', it's been a dispiriting drop for Yuvraj Singh. And the Lankan crowd rubbed it in on Tuesday, making sure to remind him he'd been left out of the team for the third Test for Suresh Raina.

The T Murugaser stand adjacent to the dressing room made sure Yuvraj stayed in the limelight. The Oval Taverners bar kept the club members throats suitably greased, and fun and frolic turned to temper tantrums.

As Yuvraj was carrying drinks back from the ground after the tea break, one fan shouted, "Why are you carrying the water?" Others followed suit. One gesticulated, giving Yuvraj the finger. An agitated Yuvraj pointed it all out to local authorities.

The audience might not have heard what Yuvraj was saying, but it was obvious that he was complaining. This goaded them further, and the taunts intensified. The police was immediately ushered in to keep things quiet.

It's hard to be tough on the club's members though, and the crowd was allowed to stay put, making for some uneasy moments. "Waterboy, waterboy/Don't let me down waterboy", they sang in mock defiance and took to praising every Indian player coming out of the ground. "Munaf Patel, you will be captain one day," they shouted. Pragyan Ojha was hailed as the next Muttiah Muralitharan, but the best cheer was reserved for Raina: "Raina, Raina, well done man/You have made us all proud."

Every once in a while, they would return to Yuvraj. "You are my sunshine/You are my waterboy/We want our waterboy," they sang in unison, as Yuvi bristled in the dressing room.

Crowd fingers 'waterboy' Yuvraj Singh - Top stories - India tour of Sri Lanka - Series & Tournaments - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

hahahaha..tell you srilankans have one wicked sense of humor...
BTW justified to a certain extent...it is Yuvraj's attitude which is causing him the trouble..He is an immensely talented Batsman but his attitude does him...

Now that he has had his share of bashing i am sure in the upcoming series he will blast the bowlers...

well for me yuvraj carrer is almost over his flambounce is not the same his days at international cricket is counted

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom