What's new

Cricket Fever Spreading?

CENTCOM

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
United States
We would like to share some captured moments from a friendly cricket match between coalition troops at a Multi National Base in Tarin Kot, Afghanistan. Some of the players were from countries such as Australia, where, in comparison to the United States, cricket is prevalent. However, playing one of Australia’s favorite games was more about creating better bonds between coalition members then winning or losing. Sgt David W. Harvey said it was fantastic to play and interact with the other coalition troops. He was also quoted saying “The cricket match was awesome, I had no clue on what I was doing, but I had a good time”.

Good Luck to Pakistan in the upcoming matches against Bangladesh and West Indies. It would be interesting to see how this T20 tournament unfolds.

1063355.jpg

1063356.jpg

1063358.jpg

1063359.jpg

1063360.jpg

1063363.jpg

1063364.jpg

1063365.jpg

Haroon Ahmad
DET – U.S. Central Command
United States Central Command - Urdu - MacDill Air Force Base, FL - Government Organization | Facebook

USA shoud form a cricket team like Hong Kong comprise of immegrants, then gradually a full cricket team of original American citizens. It will be very exciting if USA comes into Cricket in T20 and OneDay format soon. South Asians in USA should play criket in USA to promote Cricket.

If USA can play Baseball, then why not cricket and join in international tournaments.

Last edited:
USA shoud form a cricket team like Hong Kong comprise of immegrants, then gradually a full cricket team of original American citizens. It will be very exciting if USA comes in Cricket in T20 and OneDay format soon.

If USA can play Baseball, then why not cricket and join in international tournaments.
I thought they already have one. Wasn't there a US team on EA Cricket 07 game?

If they can make 10 runs on that "field pitch" with holes and puddles , they can score 100 runs each on Indian dead pitches

Some of them have the baseball grip on the bat, not a cricketing shot by all means more less a Afridi slog

We would like to share some captured moments from a friendly cricket match between coalition troops at a Multi National Base in Tarin Kot, Afghanistan. Some of the players were from countries such as Australia, where, in comparison to the United States, cricket is prevalent. However, playing one of Australia’s favorite games was more about creating better bonds between coalition members then winning or losing. Sgt David W. Harvey said it was fantastic to play and interact with the other coalition troops. He was also quoted saying “The cricket match was awesome, I had no clue on what I was doing, but I had a good time”.

Good Luck to Pakistan in the upcoming matches against Bangladesh and West Indies. It would be interesting to see how this T20 tournament unfolds.

1063355.jpg

1063356.jpg

1063358.jpg

1063359.jpg

1063360.jpg

1063363.jpg

1063364.jpg

1063365.jpg

Haroon Ahmad
DET – U.S. Central Command
United States Central Command - Urdu - MacDill Air Force Base, FL - Government Organization | Facebook
Maybe we should try to hold some matches between the military's in the region. Peace for a change, nice pics. Good bless Afghanistan, waiting to see peace, god bless them. By the way which one is you? If you are willing to disclose.

Maybe we should try to hold some matches between the military's in the region. Peace for a change, nice pics. Good bless Afghanistan, waiting to see peace, god bless them. By the way which one is you? If you are willing to disclose.
I would love to see our National Cricket team.:usflag:

Oh I wish we form a national cricket team! :) Even soccer is slowly picking pace here, so I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

And I am not in the pictures :)

Haroon Ahmad
DET - U.S. Central Command

Oh I wish we form a national cricket team! :) Even soccer is slowly picking pace here, so I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

And I am not in the pictures :)

Haroon Ahmad
DET - U.S. Central Command

The problem is only immigrants from cricket playing countries care about the sport, local born South Asians like myself and almost all my friends do not care for the sport. We grew up watching baseball and shooting hoops, best of all American football. 8-)

If they can make 10 runs on that "field pitch" with holes and puddles , they can score 100 runs each on Indian dead pitches

Some of them have the baseball grip on the bat, not a cricketing shot by all means more less a Afridi slog

As if pakistani pitches beats perth in live-ness. :lol:

Bro, indian pitches have more holes and puddles than worst road in pakistan. Send them to firoz shah kotla, even Australia get bundles out in 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom