What's new

CPEC Logistics International Forum opens in Islamabad

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In order to raise public awareness of logistics and supply chain of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), a two-day international seminar on "CPEC Logistics" opens today in Islamabad, the capital city of Pakistan.

The seminar spreads over three sessions with different but related themes. These themes essentially would focus on "Trade Potential," "Transportation and Cross Border Movement" and "Logistic Industry Cooperation" between Pakistan and China.

Although a number of activities like seminars, workshops have been held to create awareness about CPEC, it is felt that the field of logistics & supply chain has not been projected adequately.

The seminar will provide a platform to relevant stakeholders of both countries for evolving their logistics strategies to effectively implement CPEC.

National Logistics Cell (NLC) is Pakistan's state owned premier logistics organization which is handling diverse logistic functions in the field of transportation, storage, warehousing, container terminals, off-dock ports and border crossing to name a few.

NLC is part of the Ministry of Planning, Development and Reforms which is the lead Ministry in Pakistan for planning and execution of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor-(CPEC). NLC will assume a leading role in managing CPEC logistics along the 3000 kilometers corridor.
http://www.china.org.cn/world/2017-07/12/content_41201872.htm

Seems like the government is too busy embroiled in political upheaval to attend so the military has to run the show?

Last edited:
It's about time! I've been telling people for years this needs to be done.

Even now, I'm not certain if all the relevant stakeholders are included: I see no mention of participation by locals (remember the folks who are in danger of losing homes without compensation or shelter?) or projected primary users other than Pakistan and China like the U.A.E.

That issue was solved next day. People always demand more and more compensation from government even though their land worth is hardly anything. And only thing that will increase their land prices is motorway going through it.

Back
Top Bottom