What's new

Covid killed his father. Then came $1 million in medical bills

Then there are most; evolved and financially secure enough to pay for covering the less fortunate fringes, even from the neighboring country, with their own umbrella. Others just are not...but only until they find themselves at the other end of the table and on top of the front page.

Like I said, it's just amusing for the rest of us.

I am glad the "rest of us" are entertained. Life goes on, to each their own.

I don't get it.
Where do you think those subsidies are coming from?

ps: You pay $331 a month and still have to cover 40% of all expenses? That's insane.

There's a max out-of-pocket.

What are a Bronze Plan's out-of-pocket costs?
Bronze Plans are designed so that insurance companies will typically pay 60% of covered healthcare expenses with the remaining 40% to be paid by consumers. However, as illustrated below, this does not mean that the insurer pays 60 cents of every dollar of healthcare expenses that are incurred. The estimated 40% of total costs that a consumer pays is distributed between the deductible, copays and coinsurance rates, and are over and above the cost of the plan’s monthly premium. The annual limit for out-of-pocket expenses in 2020 was $8,150 for individual plans and $16,300 for family plans, though plans can apply lower limits if they so choose.

Again I reiterate anybody who thinks buying insurance is a waste of money is taking a crazy gamble. Getting hit with a $1M medical bill is just because you like to gamble not because hospitals are out to get you or medical insurance is out of reach.

Last edited:
America can do better in health care, Poor people buy behind-the-counter medication because going to Hospital means bankruptcy for the poor. When I first came to the US thinking that hey I ever get into medical Trouble I can just call 911 and an Ambulance will come for me, but no one mention that they charge a fortune.

Back
Top Bottom