What's new

Coronavirus origins? Words of Chairman Xi raise new questions

If that was the case why is yahoo #1 and google news #2 with billions of hits a day? China isn’t even in the top 15. You are just derailing this thread with a non-consequential tangent.

'Likes' on social media is the least reliable of metrics to evaluate the popularity of businesses or platforms of any type. I don't even accept supposedly reliable data/analytics at face value without drilling down in more detail.

Determining accuracy of information can be a big factor in running a business, its second nature to me.

'Likes' on social media is the least reliable of metrics to evaluate the popularity of businesses or platforms of any type. I don't even accept supposedly reliable data/analytics at face value without drilling down in more detail.

Determining accuracy of information can be a big factor in running a business, its second nature to me.

What he doesn’t realize is there are multitudes of news sites around the world not just Chinese or US. He thinks people are rabid fans of just CNN or something.

Many people just browse something like Google News where the top story on a subject could be some media in Singapore. People aren’t going “bleh” because of it.

What he doesn’t realize is there are multitudes of news sites around the world not just Chinese or US. He thinks people are rabid fans of just CNN or something.

Many people just browse something like Google News where the top story on a subject could be some media in Singapore. People aren’t going “bleh” because of it.

Do you ever watch Fox News and CNN to see how they report differently on the same story? Sometimes its useful to try and find the middle ground on a story, with those two representing the two opposite ends of the spectrum.

To be honest, when reading the news I generally read the business section first then sports, then ignore everything else. The standard of reporting in business news is much higher with a lot less filtering and framing than the rest of the news.

Wuhan ophthalmologist Li Wenliang, 33, told friends on Dec. 30 about the emergence of a “SARS-like” virus. He was then detained by police for spreading rumours and, on Jan. 3, forced to sign a letter attesting that he had “severely disrupted social order.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/wor...r-sparks-rare-condemnations-of-chinese-virus/
He was a friend and classmate or one of my friends and they were still contacting the hours before his death, when did he got beaten and arrested? Western China bashing is becoming ridiculous..

Wuhan ophthalmologist Li Wenliang, 33, told friends on Dec. 30 about the emergence of a “SARS-like” virus. He was then detained by police for spreading rumours and, on Jan. 3, forced to sign a letter attesting that he had “severely disrupted social order.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/wor...r-sparks-rare-condemnations-of-chinese-virus/
You need to change a news source, bro.
Li wenliang is well reported, it is easy to find what happened and yet you picked a bs.

He was issued a warning letter from police (which is a shame no doubts). He posted this warning letter later on his Weibo social platform. The post and the letter and their translated version are available all around the internet.

He is warned by police for "spreading rumors", not beaten or arrested.
Fact matters.

He was a hero to the Chinese people so the CCP reversed course as they knew they were losing the PR war with the Chinese public regarding Dr Li.

CCP and CCP nationalists should be ashamed of themselves for denigrating this hero.

He was a hero to the Chinese people so the CCP reversed course as they knew they were losing the PR war with the Chinese public regarding Dr Li.

CCP and CCP nationalists should be ashamed of themselves for denigrating this hero.
He was a personal friend of one of my friends, no one is denigrating him, the mayor of his city and governor of his province both lost their jobs. CCP doesn't takes care of every individual life in China, what you claim is like CCP is almighty god knowing what's going on with every individual life in China, that's very absurd.

Li Wenliang has never been a hero. He doesn't want to tell the public at all.

As a member of the Communist Party of China, he knows the rules.

I agree with your first part.

For second part, a lot of people want to twist the story to make it like Li was fighting against CPP, which is simply not true. He didn't do that nor CCP punished him except that warning letter from local police.

Not my interests to defend CCP, just facts shouldn't be twisted for whatever intensions.

If that was the case why is yahoo #1 and google news #2 with billions of hits a day? China isn’t even in the top 15. You are just derailing this thread with a non-consequential tangent.
Yahoo and Google are search engines but I don't know what you mean by China (Chinese websites are quite dominant according to alexa). Hits don't mean likes. Social media such as Facebook are still important news sources especially for Americans

https://www.journalism.org/2018/09/10/news-use-across-social-media-platforms-2018/

Your fixation(triggered) and constant need for explanations on a simple example is what is 'derailing' this thread. Original point is your thread is a ridiculous mudslinging joke, everyone whose followed the coronavirus situation closely would feel the same way. Let's leave it at that.

I agree with your first part.

For second part, a lot of people want to twist the story to make it like Li was fighting against CPP, which is simply not true. He didn't do that nor CCP punished him except that warning letter from local police.

Not my interests to defend CCP, just facts shouldn't be twisted for whatever intensions.
Dead people are best materials for fabricating stories. The first doctor who found the disease is Doctor Zhang. Dr.LI(who is an ophthalmologist) is famous because he is dead.

Back
Top Bottom