What's new

Featured CoronaVirus in Pakistan - Updates & Discussion

Is there a portal or anything where one could file a complaint against an area where people and businesses have literally thrown out the so called lockdown and things are so Bad that God for bid if any one gets corona in that area, we are talking about probably 10K from that area alone. If anyone can help please spread this for Bedian road Lahore cantt. While all focus is on DHA, areas like Bedian are left on the mercy of I don't know whom? Complete markets are opened, there is zero adhere to social distancing, raksha, qinchis all taking 5-6 people with them. If shit hits the fan who will be responsible, certainly not Saad Rafique who won from that area after PM khan left the seat. The situation is really scary in this area. I am sure that will be other similar areas in Lahore. Please spread the word where ever possible. Asking people to adhere to calls of social distancing isn't going to help. People are too damn stupid and stubborn.

Is there a portal or anything where one could file a complaint against an area where people and businesses have literally thrown out the so called lockdown and things are so Bad that God for bid if any one gets corona in that area, we are talking about probably 10K from that area alone. If anyone can help please spread this for Bedian road Lahore cantt. While all focus is on DHA, areas like Bedian are left on the mercy of I don't know whom? Complete markets are opened, there is zero adhere to social distancing, raksha, qinchis all taking 5-6 people with them. If shit hits the fan who will be responsible, certainly not Saad Rafique who won from that area after PM khan left the seat. The situation is really scary in this area. I am sure that will be other similar areas in Lahore. Please spread the word where ever possible. Asking people to adhere to calls of social distancing isn't going to help. People are too damn stupid and stubborn.

Sorry, its not my concern but I wanted to add my thought.

I strongly believed that you can't blame to a common people for this mess. If I was at your place then I blame to only top management (Mr. Imran Khan).

I will just talk about two points:

1. As per my understating, he downgraded the affects of corona by saying it is only harmful to elder people. Even now, elders (50+) are not allow to go in masjid but younger are allowed.

Question: Are only elder people getting infected and die? And, what message will go and pass to a common and Young people?

2. Few States were declared lockdown but every times, Imran Khan was/is saying different tone.

Question: will it not create a confusion in a common people? And, will people take lockdown seriously?

Last edited:

I strongly believed that you can't blame to a common people for this mess. If I was on your place then I blame to only top management (Mr. Imran Khan).

1. As per my understating, he downgraded the affects of corona by saying it is only harmful to elder people. Even now, elders (50+) are not allow to go in masjid but younger are allowed.

Question: Are only elder people getting infected and die? And, what message will go to pass to a common and Young people?

2. Few States were declared lockdown but every times, Imran Khan was/is saying different tone.

Question: will it not create a confusion in a common people? And, will people take lockdown seriously?

Why not common people to be blamed ? Are they brain dead or what ? Dont they care about their own life and life of family member ?

Secondly how can a police officer defirentiate between a casual lock down breaker and a geniune person whose kid is dying of hunger ?

If a worker get out of his home as his child is exyreme hingry but police get him arrested and eventually his child die then who will be rrsponsible.

It is very easy for u to demand sttict lock down by force but not for those who had to earn daily food and are not earning anything since a month

I strongly believed that you can't blame to a common people for this mess. If I was on your place then I blame to only top management (Mr. Imran Khan).

Question: Are only elder people getting infected and die? And, what message will go to pass to a common and Young people?

I have always been against partial lockdowns and blame will fall on government of Ik. The reason I was against it was because
A) partial lockdown are keeping people like us in home thus wasting time but as in general it is having very limited benefits as those who needed to be kept home are roaming freely.
B) Pakistanis in general are very stubborn specially people of such areas, they don't want to adhere to calls of social distancing. Than we have the molvis who have their own agenda, they want to keep mosques open, in all of this partial lockdowns would never have worked.
Even yesterday the doctors association of Karachi did a press conference and they are completely against lifting any lockdowns or even relaxing it. They have literally called out the government on this and have asked them to make it even more strict. We have yet to see our peak which is expected mid May. This is not the time to relax anything. Again governments will be responsible if the situation gets out of hand, the chances of which are extremely high.

Only police. Complain to Police

I have hardly seen any police in the area. They are also part of the problem.

I hope the impoverished people of South Asia take this pandemic seriously before this starts happening.

I have always been against partial lockdowns and blame will fall on government of Ik. The reason I was against it was because
A) partial lockdown are keeping people like us in home thus wasting time but as in general it is having very limited benefits as those who needed to be kept home are roaming freely.
B) Pakistanis in general are very stubborn specially people of such areas, they don't want to adhere to calls of social distancing. Than we have the molvis who have their own agenda, they want to keep mosques open, in all of this partial lockdowns would never have worked.
Even yesterday the doctors associated of Karachi did a press conference and they are completely against lifting any lockdowns or even relaxing it. They have literally called out the government on this and have asked them to make it even more strict. We have yet to see our peak which is expected mid May. This is not the time to relax anything. Again governments will be responsible if the situation gets out of hand, the chances of which are extremely high.

Yes I also agreed, south Asia is not a place of rich people and lots of people do earn daily to feed their family.

But still believed that we south Asian are more humanian and do not let poor people died, most will be survived).

But, CORONA is a just different case. We have very much limited option including strict lockdown and government should be played crucial role to save everyone including poor people.

Now, we have to choose of any "economy or human life". I believed that we can recover economy but can't human life.

Only police. Complain to Police

Police and doctors are frontier against corona.

Please don't blame to them as you know, if you say conditional lockdown then it is very tough for them as well to strict people.

Police and doctors are more vulnerable against corona. They are also a family persons but risking their life for us.

upload-image-5ea17f9217f49.png

Pakistan cannot afford to take a chance by reopening mosques at this juncture

Editorial

April 23, 2020

WITH Pakistan passing the grim milestone of over 10,000 coronavirus cases and more than 200 deaths, there is no time for half measures and missteps. Lockdown fatigue seems to have set in with many people flouting SOPs and safety measures, and ignoring the fact that we are sitting on a time bomb that will detonate unless firm steps are taken immediately.

The battle against Covid-19 must be fought on multiple fronts, but one area where decisive action can be taken without delay is that of congregational prayers. Various provincial administrations had taken differing steps regarding the suspension of congregational prayers in mosques to stop the spread of the contagion, with varying degrees of success. Sindh tried to implement the law in letter and spirit, though there were instances where mobs attacked law enforcers trying to enforce the ban on Friday prayers.

However, at a conclave in Islamabad on Saturday, President Arif Alvi and a collection of clerics belonging to different schools of thought hammered out a 20-point ‘action plan’ that envisaged reopening of mosques for the public, especially in light of the fasting month, which is due to begin either tomorrow or the day after. Under this scheme, daily and taraweeh congregational prayers would be allowed with a number of ‘precautions’, though the last point of the plan clearly stated that the restrictions could be put back in place if the number of cases shot up.

The administration, as well as sensible clerics, need to realise that Pakistan cannot afford to take a chance by reopening mosques at this juncture. Attendance at masjids goes up during Ramazan, and it is hard to imagine how the state as well as mosque administrations will enforce social-distancing guidelines. Moreover, in a letter released on Tuesday, some leading doctors of the country have asked ulema to review the decision on congregational prayers. They point out that indiscipline and contempt for the rules has become part of our national character; therefore, in order to protect public health the decision to open mosques to the public must be reviewed.

Clerics say that social-distancing norms are also being violated in markets. That may be so, and the administration needs to do a better job of ensuring crowding does not take place in bazaars and markets. But the comparison between shopping for food — which is a necessity — and attending congregational prayers — in which there is much flexibility, especially in times of a pandemic — is not a sound one. Even Saudi Arabia has said only a few staff members will be allowed to offer taraweeh prayers at the two holy mosques of Makkah and Madina. If other Muslim states can take sensible decisions, there is no reason why our rulers should be swayed by emotional, ill-informed appeals. For the sake of public health, both the state and ulema need to reverse the decision on congregational prayers.

Published in Dawn, April 23rd, 2020

I strongly believed that you can't blame to a common people for this mess. If I was at your place then I blame to only top management (Mr. Imran Khan).

Question: Are only elder people getting infected and die? And, what message will go and pass to a common and Young people?

If there is a green signal for traffic on a busy highway and a pedestrian jaywalks and ignores the green traffic light, and crosses the road and gets hit by a truck, do you blame the traffic light, or the person who ignored the signal? Your reasoning is fundamentally flawed. The system only works when both the law and the people make it work, and that is what Imran Khan is trying to do. It is a mutual responsibility and a balancing act between economy and health, all other strategies will fail unless there's a vaccine and a cure readily available, which is not the case at the moment.

If there is a green signal for traffic on a busy highway and a pedestrian jaywalks and ignores the green traffic light, and crosses the road and gets hit by a truck, do you blame the traffic light, or the person who ignored the signal? Your reasoning is fundamentally flawed. The system only works when both the law and the people make it work, and that is what Imran Khan is trying to do. It is a mutual responsibility and a balancing act between economy and health, all other strategies will fail unless there's a vaccine and a cure readily available, which is not the case at the moment.

I agreed! But your argument is incorrect.

The actual argument would be here.

Red signal - people need to stop.
Green signal - people can go.

Confusion is with only yellow signal that about change to red but imran khan is telling that if you are in urgency then you can go with full speed but you Also need to be careful.

So if accident will happen then administrator is more responsible if you ask me.

As I understand, it would be better if administrator will ask people to not go with full speed by strictly and possible go very slowly if you are about cross.

Also, traffic police should be on very alert if any violation happened to punished. Then, only a common people will fear..

Administration responsibly is more then a common people otherwise no need of administration

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom