What's new

Coronavirus appeared in italy september 2019

So basically Covid was around six months before Wuhan lockdown

Italian Covid-19 discovery ‘may reshape history of pandemic’
  • New research suggests the pathogen infected people across the country months before it was detected in China
  • Antibodies specific to the coronavirus were found in blood samples from lung cancer screening tests going back to September last year
Tracing the coronavirus pandemic to its origin could help prevent future outbreaks. Photo: APTracing the coronavirus pandemic to its origin could help prevent future outbreaks. Photo: AP
Tracing the coronavirus pandemic to its origin could help prevent future outbreaks. Photo: AP

Coronavirus hunters pick up another piece of the trail in Italy
  • New research suggests the pathogen infected people across the country months before it was detected in China
  • Antibodies specific to the coronavirus were found in blood samples from lung cancer screening tests going back to September last year
Stephen Chen
Stephen Chen
in Beijing
Published: 5:00am, 17 Nov, 2020

The virus that causes the Covid-19 diseasehas now infected more than 54 million people across the planet, but the question of just where it came from remains a mystery.

Researchers may have found a new link in this puzzle after discovering evidence suggesting the pathogen had infected people across Italy as early as September last year, or months before it was first identified in the Chinese city of Wuhan.

The unexpected finding “may reshape the history of [the] pandemic”, said the team led by Dr Gabriella Sozzi, a life scientist with the National Cancer Institute of Milan, in a peer-reviewed paper published last week in the Tumori Journal.

Source

Some anti-intellectual people are still discrediting China

Just shows blaming china was just lies and fake news to be racist towards chinese people.

We blame Chinese goverment and how they hide information to the rest of world, we dont blame Chinese people.

Chinese people here is nice, they do no problems, I never see a news about Chinese people stealing, murdering, etc here in Spain, unlike all other immigrants.

By the other side, I dont believe this kind of news because it's a virus highly contagious.

You can bet racist white countries wont show this on their evening news. They are too busy being racist rather than understanding that the virus did not come from china. Now the truth is out they are hiding their faces and acting like little girls who did something wrong.
We blame Chinese goverment and how they hide information to the rest of world, we dont blame Chinese people.

Chinese people here is nice, they do no problems, I never see a news about Chinese people stealing, murdering, etc here in Spain, unlike all other immigrants.

By the other side, I dont believe this kind of news because it's a virus highly contagious.
How can China government identify virus when it was circulating around the world six months before Wuhan? China should be championed for being the first country to identify the virus while other countries ignored it for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom