What's new

Constitutional Rights and Responsibilities of the PTI March.

What does the Constitution say about Government's responsibility to hinder any activity which although peaceful by intention has the potential to deteriorate into threat to peace?
If there is substantial evidence that the protest in question will not peaceful then yes government can make a motion.
Keeping aside PAT rally, i have yet to see any evidence against PTI. If you have any such evidence please bring it to the light

Real issue is.. its not the participants of the march that pose danger. Of course not. But let us look at the bigger picture with FATA Operation in background; can't there be a terrorist backlash?? The march is likely to outnumber total population of Islamabad..
I am of view that, rather then stopping the rally, the efforts should be made to vome up with security plan, emergency response, liase with the rally organizers have them hire private security....stopping people from gathering is not the solution.....
If we go by this rule then people should not even be visiting naran valley, as chilas is not ffar from their, if we go by this rule then foreigners and corporattions should not be having dinners at Monal, as there is a threat of terror attack from Margalla hills side.....

Last edited:
If there is substantial evidence that the protest in question will not peaceful then yes government can make a motion.
Keeping aside PAT rally, i have yet to see any evidence against PTI. If you have any such evidence please bring it to the light

I am of view that, rather then stopping the rally, the efforts should be made to vome up with security plan, emergency response, liase with the rally organizers have them hire private security....stopping people from gathering is not the solution.....
If we go by this rule then people should not even be visiting naran valley, as chilas is not ffar from their, if we go by this rule then foreigners and corporattions should not be having dinners at Monal, as there is a threat of terror attack from Margalla hills side.....
You r totally right..fundamental rights cant be messed with..but civil liberties dont necesserily have to b exercised no matter what:its again the 'letting go liberty for your own security' dynamic in view here. A little discretion for a little time...thats it.

Agree with this statement, Government should shut all police station of Islamabad for a day or two, and allow PTI to do his dharna for as long he want. If he is worried about interruption about some important events in Islamabad. Move them to GHQ, or may be qahotta. For other important meetings, Government should call All meetings in Lahore.

Let PTI & PAT handle their own security. IK can take a class or two from Container Mullah for 3-4 days dharna.

Yeah forgot, the threat related to neculer assets, Government should make all the areas around nuclear facilities are danger zone, and shoot at sight orders should be given to security personal (I am hope that is not saved anywhere closed to rallay way :P

End of the day, the responsibility of Health, Safety and Security of the people and the public rests with the organizers of the rally/event...that is why prior to the rally, any application is submitted to the Commissioner if the area....let them have it, if security is the concern..... There will be brawls, fights, accidents, medical emergency and Govt has the right to put it all on the organizer, because it was their duty, but that necessarily does not give free pass to the govt and should ignore the "duty of care"
You r totally right..fundamental rights cant be messed with..but civil liberties dont necesserily have to b exercised no matter what:its again the 'letting go liberty for your own security' dynamic in view here. A little discretion for a little time...thats it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom