What's new

Congratulations NASA!!! Orion successfully tested!!!

I don't understand the hype with the orion space program. Its just a bigger crew capsule able to accomodate astronauts for months in space travel. Yes it has the ability to take astronauts far, but whats the big deal???

America just built upon what they have learnt in last 50 years of space exploration. Orion space program is not something pathbreaking. Its a bigger space capsule. Not something America alone is able to pull off. China, Russia and Japan are more than capable to come up with similar capsules.

I would add India to it, but that would call a lot of haters. India will will launch its crew capsule on Dec 15th, and once it is validated, I would consider India capable of undertaking such level of missions as well.

I think you could put India too in the list(maybe soon when it proves it has the capabilities to put a man in space/test a human spacecraft,not now though. But i admire India's space program though, since its plan for human space flight is independent(though with some cooperation from Russia), unlike Japan who even though its more advanced than India in space, still hasnt proven it can launch human missions to space independently, But then again, Japan doesnt need to, since its already a part of ISS and doesnt really need a prestige independent human space launch mission. So though India is looking forward to one, if it does suceed, it will have a little edge over Japan in this field. So you shouldnt belittle India's capabilities as well.:-)

Japan is also involve in some pioneering space launches which other countries havent done yet like its asteriod chasing/sample recovery spacecraft it launched recently(and a similar one it did few years ago). So its indeed interesting to see countries getting more and more involved in space exploration. We need to all jon forces to know more/discover more about our universe. since we havent even scracthed the surface of space exploration.:cheers:

Its true the U.S is still by far the leading space power. Great going. hope to see this mission come to fruition in coming years, so human can soon fly into deep space and return. This will indeed be a proud/exciting moment for mankind as a whole.:usflag:

Sorry but I think human spaceflight is waste of resources and pretty sure we will not fly to Mars in next 50 years.

That picture is not of the member...else I'd have asked 'her' out on a date long time ago :enjoy:

FUUUU.jpg

I don't understand the hype with the orion space program. Its just a bigger crew capsule able to accomodate astronauts for months in space travel. Yes it has the ability to take astronauts far, but whats the big deal???

America just built upon what they have learnt in last 50 years of space exploration. Orion space program is not something pathbreaking. Its a bigger space capsule. Not something America alone is able to pull off. China, Russia and Japan are more than capable to come up with similar capsules.

I would add India to it, but that would call a lot of haters. India will will launch its crew capsule on Dec 15th, and once it is validated, I would consider India capable of undertaking such level of missions as well.

Its not just a capsule. Its part of a larger program to reach to Mars and asteroids besides going to the Moon if need be. This video explains it all.
4-+Orion+Spacecraft.jpg
orion_mars_2_600.jpg

After roughly 2 years, I have a reason to hoard American flag in my post. I take that as a human achievement than American one but still, you are the flag bearers. Well done America !

:usflag:

Look at the size of the rocket and its booster.
Great stuff from NASA.

I think you could put India too in the list(maybe soon when it proves it has the capabilities to put a man in space/test a human spacecraft,not now though. But i admire India's space program though, since its plan for human space flight is independent(though with some cooperation from Russia), unlike Japan who even though its more advanced than India in space, still hasnt proven it can launch human missions to space independently, But then again, Japan doesnt need to, since its already a part of ISS and doesnt really need a prestige independent human space launch mission. So though India is looking forward to one, if it does suceed, it will have a little edge over Japan in this field. So you shouldnt belittle India's capabilities as well.:-)

Japan is also involve in some pioneering space launches which other countries havent done yet like its asteriod chasing/sample recovery spacecraft it launched recently(and a similar one it did few years ago). So its indeed interesting to see countries getting more and more involved in space exploration. We need to all jon forces to know more/discover more about our universe. since we havent even scracthed the surface of space exploration.:cheers:

Its true the U.S is still by far the leading space power. Great going. hope to see this mission come to fruition in coming years, so human can soon fly into deep space and return. This will indeed be a proud/exciting moment for mankind as a whole.:usflag:

We're testing out crew module this month :)

Isro to test GSLV Mark-III, its prelude to manned mission - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom