What's new

Commonwealth Games village officially open

astodome

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
New Delhi: It was being called the breeding ground for mosquitoes, and everyone thought it wouldn't be ready at all. But the athletes' village for the Commonwealth Games is now officially open.

And what's the verdict on what is the second most important things for the athletes at that Games?

"This has got to be the best CWG village I've seen, and as good as some of the villages I've visited at the Olympics," Commonwealth Games Federation CEO Mike Hooper said.

Certainly the facilities are upto scratch; the dining hall can seat more than 2000 people at a time and will serve about 25000 meals a day.

The media was been given an opportunity to sample the food and experience the dining area.

The Games village doesn't just have 1168 flats, it's also got an athletics track, a gym and two swimming pools.

"We've told you time and again that everything has worked out as per plan and the Games will be great," said Lalit Bhanot, Secretary General, Organising Committee.

Commonwealth Games village officially open

any pictures??

Some Pictures Courtsey NDTV

1st.jpg

4.jpg

The International Zone inside the village.

6.jpg

The way to the main hall at the village

11.jpg

The volunteers for CWG

17.jpg

Dining area at the village which has capacity of 2000 people at the same time.

62.jpg

The practice swimming pool at the village.

82.jpg

The gym at the village.

56.jpg

The entrance to the training hall.

86.jpg

The leisure swimming pool at the village.

72.jpg

The weight lifting hall at the village.

add.jpg

The gym with a view of the village running track.

add2.jpg

A picture of a newly built apartment at the Games village.

Looking at the pics I don't think it will be a bad idea if India bid for the Olympics

After all, we have more or less all the infrastucture in place.:cheers:

Looking at the pics I don't think it will be a bad idea if India bid for the Olympics

After all, we have more or less all the infrastucture in place.:cheers:

ek baar jeb katwa ke jee nahi bhara kya? If the same team organizes olympics, swiss banks will make their govt. give honerary citizenship to indian olympic association members and kalmandi will contest for president..

Back
Top Bottom