What's new

COAS Apologizes for Tirah Valley Collateral Damage

SummerWine

Reaction score
Rawalpindi - April 17, 2010: The Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has offered apologies to the Kuki Khel tribe of Tirah Valley for an unfortunate incident of 10 April 2010 which resulted in loss of precious and innocent civilian lives. He offered his heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families. The Chief of Army Staff stated that he has ordered measures to avoid re-occurrence of such incidents in future

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN

I think that the GOV should also come in and issue a statement inline with the COAS, and also compensate the villagers for the lose of life. It will not bring the lost souls back but will bring some relieve to the poor people.

I think as always COAS has been spot on in making a right call. His expression obviously can not compensate for the lost lives but it would hopefully reduce some negative feelings.....

Isn't this is happening all too frequently now. How long can you expect the population to acquiesce to the whims of the establishment?

If it goes on like this, the whole WoT could get out of hand and the winning hearts and minds approach to CI will be turned on its head.

Hi
OMG! no wonder they attack army families like they did in Parade lane, you kill some one's family simple apologies will not give them any comfort, i was watching this video on GEO where a pregnant lady had lost her twin babies because of this attack, for God all are equal he doesn't care if its a generals kid or a poor farmers kid, very bad not proud of Pakistan Army.

Hi
OMG! no wonder they attack army families like they did in Parade lane, you kill some one's family simple apologies will not give them any comfort, i was watching this video on GEO where a pregnant lady had lost her twin babies because of this attack, for God all are equal he doesn't care if its a generals kid or a poor farmers kid, very bad not proud of Pakistan Army.

Hello,
Its always better to be aware before u talk...are u linking this accident with taliban sympithizers?
Coz the man whose house was bombed was a serving army soldier.Alots of reitired and serving on leave soldiers as well as family members of serving soldiers died in the unfortunate bombardment.
Even a few were relatives of serving soldiers in my fathers commanded Militia.
Taliban do this shyt coz they arent human and sir get a life did u see wat happened today>?displaced peoples camp as bombed why?
And about PAK ARMY son such things happen though unfortunate and careless but it wasnt done purposely or intentionaly so dont blame Army also it was Airforce.
Your just giving brownie points to some fu..tards who just want to derail the thread.

i think such incidents should be minimized....bcz its a matter of nation...the PAK ARMY should have solid intelligence information before such attack...we dint sympthazie with taliban but the what is the fault of poor peoples who lost their lifes....talibans re not human we know that but army shld realize that such incidents will pour bad effect on operation...

Isn't this is happening all too frequently now. How long can you expect the population to acquiesce to the whims of the establishment?
If it goes on like this, the whole WoT could get out of hand and the winning hearts and minds approach to CI will be turned on its head.

Listen son,
WTF are u talking about hows is it happening frequently?
And we arent a foriegn army in a foriegn land trying to win hearts and minds people are already supporting PAK ARMY.
Also the house bombed was of a serving army soldiers so dont try to play with feelings of people trying to be a messiah who cares more for the people of Pakistan then there very own ARMY.
Plus dont poke ur nose into other peoples buissness.If ur so sincere tell ur govt to stop shyting by supporting terrorists,

it was a colletral damage and you dont hear about colletral damage by Pakistan Army. The biggest operation was conducted in SWAT and ask people of Swat what they think about their army.
it was a mistake and that too in an area which has become a refuge for TTP cader from all over FATA.

COAS apologized because he had character to do so. To apologize means that he will ensure such thing never happens again. How many times you see US or Indian COAS offering apology to victims and their Family.

If due to bias you cannot appreciate then dont Talk about what you dont know on ur bias

Yes its a vicious cycle revolving continously. In any kind of war, the collateral damage is unavoidable. In this ugly war, i think PA has been quite successful in keeping it to minimum, but its bound to happen.

Thats why, why challenge the writ of the state? Why make your half inch mosques, why start declaring fellow muslims as wajibulkatal, why keep innocent people hostage to your 1000s yrs old theories of ruling the world and destroying enemies of islam......no state can sit in its back and wait for these ignorant jahils to sweep the country with their ignorant ideas and allow them to take hostage the majority moderates......

I think in the start after this ugly war was imposed on us, PA's actions were very caeful, they still would be, but it was only after SWAT debacle that we saw a relativley increased aggression. So they always wanted to avoid the civilian caualities. To avoid the collateral damage, PA has already paid a high price by allowing civilians to get out of areas where actions are planned, thus, allowing TTP and other thugs to escape.

Yes its easy for us to express views from confort of our homes, I can not even undestand the pain which would ve been caused to the affected families.....

But what to do? Wipe them out or wait for them to come and start bombing our mainlands again?

This viscous cycle will go on until we completely wipe them out...

I think that the GOV should also come in and issue a statement inline with the COAS, and also compensate the villagers for the lose of life. It will not bring the lost souls back but will bring some relieve to the poor people.

both things are already done , i mean no compensation can cover what happened but they were given the usual 2 lakh for injured and 10 lakh for killed .

Listen son,
WTF are u talking about hows is it happening frequently?
And we arent a foriegn army in a foriegn land trying to win hearts and minds people are already supporting PAK ARMY.
Also the house bombed was of a serving army soldiers so dont try to play with feelings of people trying to be a messiah who cares more for the people of Pakistan then there very own ARMY.
Plus dont poke ur nose into other peoples buissness.If ur so sincere tell ur govt to stop shyting by supporting terrorists,

WTF abba, whatever you say innocent people lost lives, Can you imagine the sense of outrage among people who your army left standing among the dead? This sort of an apology can only stir and reinforce feelings of revenge. Sweep it under the carpet if you want to, but it is what you see in the form of bomb attacks in the rest of Pakistan everyday now. There is no denying that Pakistan esp PA has dug itself into quite a hole in the WoT.

Hello,
Its always better to be aware before u talk...are u linking this accident with taliban sympithizers?
Coz the man whose house was bombed was a serving army soldier.Alots of reitired and serving on leave soldiers as well as family members of serving soldiers died in the unfortunate bombardment.
Even a few were relatives of serving soldiers in my fathers commanded Militia.
Taliban do this shyt coz they arent human and sir get a life did u see wat happened today>?displaced peoples camp as bombed why?
And about PAK ARMY son such things happen though unfortunate and careless but it wasnt done purposely or intentionaly so dont blame Army also it was Airforce.
Your just giving brownie points to some fu..tards who just want to derail the thread.

Hi
its better to read with calm head first before jumping to grab others by throat, i just gave a general example, you kill some ones relatives they would want to kill you back irrelevant who you are, i am not supporting any side other than humanity who ever kills some one either by mistake or intentionally should be confronted that's my point, i do have a life and a good one and i would appreciate if you will refrain from personal attacks

Bravo Peregrine! appreciate your reasoned analysis of such a tragic situation even as sentiments are running high. It is easy to wear a protectionist, nationalist cloak and try and forgive the perpetrators.

I suppose then an apology is also due from the relatives and sympathizers of all these militants since as result of their actions 40,000 Pakistani lives have been lost.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom