What's new

CNN Reporter Sara Sidner Assaulted on Live TV in Mumbai, INDIA.

What's with the sinophobia here? She got assaulted in india.
Maybe her being big helped her fight through that crowd,It's a shame how women are treated there.

This is the most inhumane video I have ever seen. RIP the small girl

Why pick an anomaly incident to bash china? There are many more heros around.

@Assault Rifle, you are a sick man. The little girl's accident has nothing to do with this thread which is abt sex assault.

What's with the sinophobia here? She got assaulted in india
To bash china and divert attention away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why pick an anomaly incident to bash china?

There are many more heros around.

watch

watch

It has nothing to do with nationality. And for the god sake she was a small helpless child. My reaction would have been similar if it were Indians. Before I am an Indian or you Chinese, we are humans.

It has nothing to do with nationality. And for the god sake she was a small helpless child. My reaction would have been similar if it were Indians. Before I am an Indian or you Chinese, we are humans.

I agree, we are humans. Was the Indian policeman not human? He was all covered in blood, yet nobody gave help, including the health minister.

I agree, we are humans. Was the Indian policeman not human? He was all covered in blood, yet nobody gave help, including the health minister.

That was wrong too. But I guess, such incidences involving children will invoke stronger reactions.

I'm just curious. Is rape not a concept in traditional Indian culture?

What I mean is in Western cultures, rape during peace time has pretty much been regarded as criminal since time immemorial. Rape during wartime was considered 'legal' during classical times such as ancient Greek and Rome. Wartime rape has since been criminalized during the last 500 years or so.

What is the history of rape as a crime in India? Has India criminalized rape only because the British had imposed its values on India? In other words, is rape considered an imported concept?

India happens to be among very few countries in the world (Pakistan, Bangladesh included) that condone marital rape. Marital rape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just my two cents, respect for women must begin at home. The root of the rape problem in India originates in household situations where Indian boys grow up watching their fathers abuse and torture their mothers and sisters. Domestic violence is rampant in Indian families, especially in Tier 2 cities, semi-urban and rural areas. Both physical and emotional abuse incidents are frequent. Usually Indians love poking their nose in your business but when it comes to domestic violence, noone intervenes.

Boys in Indian households are a pampered lot; they're fed properly, given the best education and doted over by both mother and father. Girls, in contrast, grow up neglected compared to their brothers, and internalize their second class citizenship status from an early age. When they grow up, they find that it's usually women who treat them worse than men possibly could. These problems are so deeply ingrained in Indian society.

While Indian constitution prohibits domestic violence, the laws are rarely enforced in practice. If you're an Indian man, it's well within your rights to abuse your wife, harass her parents for dowry, neglect her emotional needs, degrade her in front of the kids and treat her as a maid-servant. Basically, your wife is your property - this antiquated idea has been codified in Manu Smriti, Ramayana and Mahabharata, religious books that are widely referenced in India to justify male oppression.

BTW, most civilized countries especially in the West and Asia-Pacific have abolished these 19th century conjugal right traditions. India has a long way to go.

So, is it any surprise that boys who grew up in such an environment have never learned to respect women as individuals with their own feelings and desires. These boys see it absolutely within their rights to grope, harass or even rape stranger females who they see as "sluts" for dressing provocatively or crossing the line of female subservience to male authority.

By the way, I'm not giving a free pass to countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan - these countries have an equally abysmal record on women rights.

India happens to be among very few countries in the world (Pakistan, Bangladesh included) that condone marital rape. Marital rape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just my two cents, respect for women must begin at home. The root of the rape problem in India originates in household situations where Indian boys grow up watching their fathers abuse and torture their mothers and sisters. Domestic violence is rampant in Indian families, especially in Tier 2 cities, semi-urban and rural areas. Both physical and emotional abuse incidents are frequent. Usually Indians love poking their nose in your business but when it comes to domestic violence, noone intervenes.

Boys in Indian households are a pampered lot; they're fed properly, given the best education and doted over by both mother and father. Girls, in contrast, grow up neglected compared to their brothers, and internalize their second class citizenship status from an early age. When they grow up, they find that it's usually women who treat them worse than men possibly could. These problems are so deeply ingrained in Indian society.

While Indian constitution prohibits domestic violence, the laws are rarely enforced in practice. If you're an Indian man, it's well within your rights to abuse your wife, harass her parents for dowry, neglect her emotional needs, degrade her in front of the kids and treat her as a maid-servant. Basically, your wife is your property - this antiquated idea has been codified in Manu Smriti, Ramayana and Mahabharata, religious books that are widely referenced in India to justify male oppression.

BTW, most civilized countries especially in the West and Asia-Pacific have abolished these 19th century conjugal right traditions. India has a long way to go.

So, is it any surprise that boys who grew up in such an environment have never learned to respect women as individuals with their own feelings and desires. These boys see it absolutely within their rights to grope, harass or even rape stranger females who they see as "sluts" for dressing provocatively or crossing the line of female subservience to male authority.

By the way, I'm not giving a free pass to countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan - these countries have an equally abysmal record on women rights.

Thank you for the enlightening explanation.

Back
Top Bottom