What's new

Closest Look Ever at How Pyramids Were Built

So Ant, screw you for reigniting my long-standing and profound interest in all things Ancient Egypt you *******! 🙂

Forget about the 3-4-5 rule and in the grand scheme of things, how primitive that really is in relation to how advanced their knowledge and specifically their technology WAS; not could've been or must've been but was! This is undeniable with the plethora of examples that have been either preserved or left behind. It is undeniable that they possessed highly advanced technology that in many cases supersedes what we had even 50 years ago.

I'll only name 3 examples for now since there's thousands of them that we only know about, let alone the ones that haven't been discovered yet.

The 'boxes of Serapeum' would be the best example to start with. These were found in the burial grounds or Saqqara and were made out of solid granite as sarcophagi for Ramses II and Pharaohs of his ilk. These were roughly 100 tons a piece and the box itself as well as the lid were made out of single blocks of solid granite.

1699373570978.png

That picture gives you a sense of scale as to the size of these behemoths compared to the fella measuring the height of the lid. We know that Ancient Egypt existed during the bronze age where the only known metal used for tools during that period was copper. This is the generally accepted knowledge of what the carving tools the AEs used were made out of. The problem with that is three-fold. One is that copper is considered a soft metal. Two is the size of these boxes is not conducive to the conventional method of hammer and chisel carving away at these things and three is the precision of the results is far beyond man's ability to make these objects strictly by hand.

The precision of all these magnificent AE artifacts is the #1 proof that they possessed tools beyond our imagination. Unfortunately, it also helps promote the theory of resources -- and even beings -- beyond the realms of humans and earth being involved. But that's another subject. For now, we can concentrate on what it would've taken to make these objects and their level of precision.

This photo is one of the examples of the precision in those Serapeum boxes. It's a perfect 90° tool with perfectly calibrated straight edges on each side and when placed on the side & lid of one of these boxes, not only does it sit perfectly to show 90°, but then shine a flashlight at it from one side and you can't see any light passing through between the contacted edges which would indicate not only out of squareness, but imperfections as well. Look at how perfect that is.

1699375504215.png

How do you hand craft something like that? This is not the result of hammer & chisel but rather that of a remarkably advanced tool and process. Add the size element to the whole process and it's even more supportive of advanced tools as it is impressive.

The logistics is just as big a puzzle. 100-ton boxes made out of solid granite with this caliber precision placed inside those confining tombs is insane. How on God's green earth were they even able to move those things. The weight and size and maintaining undamaged surfaces of the logistical aspect of these boxes is evident in many of the objects all over Egypt. These people dealt with making items that were gigantic in size and trying to understand how they made them is just as challenging as how they moved them. Those questions run through everything from these boxes all the up to the grand pyramid. How did they position them into the tight confines of these tombs?

1699376556431.png

I don't want to make this post too long, so I'll add the other two specific items that show the precision factor and that support the theory of advanced tools & tooling in the next post.

So Ant, screw you for reigniting my long-standing and profound interest in all things Ancient Egypt you *******! 🙂

Forget about the 3-4-5 rule and in the grand scheme of things, how primitive that really is in relation to how advanced their knowledge and specifically their technology WAS; not could've been or must've been but was! This is undeniable with the plethora of examples that have been either preserved or left behind. It is undeniable that they possessed highly advanced technology that in many cases supersedes what we had even 50 years ago.

I'll only name 3 examples for now since there's thousands of them that we only know about, let alone the ones that haven't been discovered yet.

The 'boxes of Serapeum' would be the best example to start with. These were found in the burial grounds or Saqqara and were made out of solid granite as sarcophagi for Ramses II and Pharaohs of his ilk. These were roughly 100 tons a piece and the box itself as well as the lid were made out of single blocks of solid granite.

View attachment 970072

That picture gives you a sense of scale as to the size of these behemoths compared to the fella measuring the height of the lid. We know that Ancient Egypt existed during the bronze age where the only known metal used for tools during that period was copper. This is the generally accepted knowledge of what the carving tools the AEs used were made out of. The problem with that is three-fold. One is that copper is considered a soft metal. Two is the size of these boxes is not conducive to the conventional method of hammer and chisel carving away at these things and three is the precision of the results is far beyond man's ability to make these objects strictly by hand.

The precision of all these magnificent AE artifacts is the #1 proof that they possessed tools beyond our imagination. Unfortunately, it also helps promote the theory of resources -- and even beings -- beyond the realms of humans and earth being involved. But that's another subject. For now, we can concentrate on what it would've taken to make these objects and their level of precision.

This photo is one of the examples of the precision in those Serapeum boxes. It's a perfect 90° tool with perfectly calibrated straight edges on each side and when placed on the side & lid of one of these boxes, not only does it sit perfectly to show 90°, but then shine a flashlight at it from one side and you can't see any light passing through between the contacted edges which would indicate not only out of squareness, but imperfections as well. Look at how perfect that is.

View attachment 970115

How do you hand craft something like that? This is not the result of hammer & chisel but rather that of a remarkably advanced tool and process. Add the size element to the whole process and it's even more supportive of advanced tools as it is impressive.

The logistics is just as big a puzzle. 100-ton boxes made out of solid granite with this caliber precision placed inside those confining tombs is insane. How on God's green earth were they even able to move those things. The weight and size and maintaining undamaged surfaces of the logistical aspect of these boxes is evident in many of the objects all over Egypt. These people dealt with making items that were gigantic in size and trying to understand how they made them is just as challenging as how they moved them. Those questions run through everything from these boxes all the up to the grand pyramid. How did they position them into the tight confines of these tombs?

View attachment 970132

I don't want to make this post too long, so I'll add the other two specific items that show the precision factor and that support the theory of advanced tools & tooling in the next post.

pictures show Egyptian boring machines which they used to hollow out things

The ancient Egyptians weren't stupid fools and I don't think it would have taken them long to figure out how to get around these so-called "insurmountable" hurdles. They just sat down and using a process of trial and error figured out how to get things done.

saw.png

This cut screwed up because their band saw went out of alignment. Maybe they were watching the top side and the bottom side went crooked.

the band saw slurry water went down pipes put in a trench cut in stone

Last edited:
Aliens built the pyramids, duh.

When people are going to learn, honestly?

The ancient Egyptians weren't stupid fools and I don't think it would have taken them long to figure out how to get around these so-called "insurmountable" hurdles. They just sat down and using a process of trial and error figured out how to get things done.

I like your outlook on this greatest of phenomenon second to the Greatest of Greatness, God Himself (your atheistic outlook notwithstanding and not judged of course). Although admirable to think it wouldn't have taken them long to get around these so called hurdles, it's a bit too simplistic of an assessment TBH, bro. And as much as they are a part of my inherent culture they've also been a part of my consistently increasing wonderment as time goes by, through a span of 50+ years of so. Just like the videos you post, the increasing wonderment has done nothing more than understand that there are more questions than answers. The more we look into these artifacts, the more we understand that we are more confused than we were when we began looking into them. It's its own phenomenon.

The magnitude of the pyramids of Giza definitely captures our imagination more than anything else because of that exact reason, their size. But there are so many more equally impressive creations even perhaps more captivating. Not just how these magnificent structures were built, the time period they were built in, and all the obvious inexplicable engineering involved in not just the pyramids themselves but so many of the other artifacts, from the statues, the monuments, the obelisks, the basalt pavement at the base of Khafre, the giant columns shaped in long lotus flower stems, the countless giant statues and the accuracy of symmetry in the faces & body shapes & sizes and the most amazing ones to me are the boxes & lids of Serapeum. The main questions that are raised to me are 3 primary ones.

1) What tools did they use for all the precise cutting
2) How did they move such large stones (lifting to great heights & in tight spaces)
3) How did they achieve such precision. That's probably the most impressive question.

That video you posted of the two Albanian fellas creating a homemade drill bit and boring out a small core of granite was pretty cool, but obviously doesn't come close to determining how they hollowed out those giant boxes, some of which reached lengths of 15 feet and weighed what, 100 tons a piece? And were underground in tombs that one could barely walk around the boxes themselves. Compare that to the pyramids and to me, they're equally as impressive.

The faces on the statues, when that fella (sounds like he's from New Zealand) was explaining the black alabaster statues of Ramses II and his face, the symmetry is perfect. You take the face looking at it head on, draw a straight line down the middle from the fop of the forehead to the bottom of the chin and compare the two sides, the lips, the nose, the eyes and the cheeks are identical on both sides. That's the kind of precision that is not done by hand especially when the comparison was made between several statue faces of Ramses II and the alignment is also identical. The bottom of the chins line up, the bottom, center & top of the lips line up. the bottom of the nose to the eyes to the top of the forehead are all in perfect alignment as if a machine programmed to replicate them is what created them. Sort of a 3D printer. This finding boggles the mind almost more so than the how they built the pyramids.

This is the most precise object this fella Ben thinks is the most precisely cut/made granite box.

Any credibility to the geopolymer theory? Could such precision be the result of grinded stone or either granite or limestone and reformed into these precision shapes? It's a fascinatingly possible theory. But the only way to determine that fact for sure is to "dissect" a few boxes and good luck getting permission from Egyptian authorities for that. How many forms or molds would you need to make to pour this supposed geopolymer? Too many varieties and sizes to make so many boxes. But still an interesting theory and certainly worth investigating further, Ben talks about it in this video. Fascinating two-part series on the precision factor of Ancient Egyptian work.

This is probably the most mind-blowing video he's done. Shows the precision factor in a way that just puts the pyramids to shame IMO, as drastically irresponsible as it is to say something that ludicrous, if not only just to make the point of how incredible these accomplishments are. Take special note of the boxes of Serepeum of course, but more importantly the statue faces and sizes (the symmetry I previously mentioned) and the jars. The jars and vases of stone that are less than a millimeter thin made out of some of the hardest stones in the world and they're perfectly round and shaped as if done on something even more precise than a pottery turning table or even a rudimentary or advanced lathe. These jars look like they were made by something even more advanced than C&C machines! Then there's the crowned columns that are 30ft tall? How the hell did they "turn" those on some rudimentary lathe loool? This is part 2 which is just mind-blowing and I'll post part 1 later or it can be found if interested. This is well worth the time watching as it will make everyone's perspective change on how remarkably advanced my ancestors were! :D I know you already know a lot of this ssshhhhtttuuuffff anyway.

Regarding your post on the discarded box that had a cut gone askew, showing probably the most proof that some sort of advanced form of cutting tooling was used in this X post.

Khufu, Khafre & Menkaure don't wanna incriminate myself too much, but I do think the statute of limitations has long passed to this petty crime of climbing those 3 pyramids a total of 13 times loooool. Fun stuff but Khufu was the most difficult because of obvious reasons, the finished cased stone cap at the top presents a huge challenge not only getting onto the cap from the rough blocks below it but getting back down because of its steepness & wicked slipperiness, which is what happened to this fella I'm sure you remember it. He got to the top but couldn't make it back down the cap because of the reasons I listed. Egyptian military had to send an Mi-8 helo to haul him off of it. I don't remember exactly but he probably had to do some time since it's obviously illegal to climb them.

Last edited:
Some stuff from today from here & there and X.

Tomb of Ramses V and VI, KV9, Valley of the Kings.

1700718809394.png

Luxor today.

1700718988736.png

Anuket, Goddess and the embodiment of the Nile in Egyptian legends. One of the more well-preserved colored monuments.

1700719127794.png

And of course one of the hundreds of statues of Ramses the 2nd.

1700718713471.png

Details of the well-preserved sarcophagus of King Tutmosis the 4th in the Valley of the Kings (KV 43). The tomb was rediscovered in 1903 by Howard Carter. And yet another one of those mysteriously precise boxes that are made out of a single block of limestone and at first you don't notice the precision work because of the overwhelming age and representation of the artifact itself.

1700718432070.png
1700718463138.png
1700718488948.png
1700718518293.png

Hatshepsut’s temple at Deir el Bahri arranged in a series of terraces against the cliff face.
1700723432542.png

A Sphinx of Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahri. Notice the face was that of a particularly young man or even boy, similar to Tutankhamun who was thought to have dies at age 18. A lot more of him to come, arguably the most popular ancient Egyptian treasure.

1700723501790.png

1700723715205.png

Back
Top Bottom