What's new

Chinese topgun movie..where can i get a copy

I saw it. Yes, there's real J-10 footage, but the story is cr@p. Probably because of political considerations, you can't have an epic storyline like China goes to war against a hostile neighbor.

Haha, I like the Ray-ban "Aviator" clone sunglasses.

1299642321737_1299642321737_r.jpg

Probably because of political considerations, you can't have an epic storyline like China goes to war against a hostile neighbor.

I'm curious, what prevents the Chinese film industry from making a war movie depicting American, Australian, Japanese, or Korean enemies? We've had plenty of movies depicting "Evil Russians" as an enemy, and there are scads of video games where Chinese soldiers can take pot shots at American soldiers.

Haha, I like the Ray-ban "Aviator" clone sunglasses.

1299642321737_1299642321737_r.jpg

I'm curious, what prevents the Chinese film industry from making a war movie depicting American, Australian, Japanese, or Korean enemies? We've had plenty of movies depicting "Evil Russians" as an enemy, and there are scads of video games where Chinese soldiers can take pot shots at American soldiers.
Movies need to be approved by government bureaucrats.

Obviously for a historical flick, you would have the appropriate "enemy." But if you were to posit China going to war against a country in a fictional, modern day setting, the government might be concerned that this would reflect negatively on diplomatic relations. You do have internet amateurs making their own animated shorts depicting present-day military conflicts. The enemies are usually USA or Japan.

I suppose this is not just restricted to China. I remember in Transformers, they had a "North Korean aircraft carrier group." I guess if there is a bit of political correctness against fictional depiction of China as a military adversary, North Korea is a good stand-in or a euphemism.

Anyway, this movie turns out to be "a story of two outstanding military men competing for the position of division commander. They go through misunderstandings and life-threatening moments before finally coming to a common understanding. Eventually they pull together and complete the air force exercise perfectly." :sick:

When I realized this was about air force internal politics and had no military conflict setting, I turned it off immediately. Two thumbs down :tdown::tdown:

I suppose this is not just restricted to China. I remember in Transformers, they had a "North Korean aircraft carrier group." I guess if there is a bit of political correctness against fictional depiction of China as a military adversary, North Korea is a good stand-in or a euphemism.

:rofl: North Korean aircraft carrier group haha. The Red Dawn remake decided to make its originally Chinese invaders into North Korean invaders.

i found the movie on the great " ********* ". with english subtitles and very good print...
i like it.
specially the heroin is soooo damn hot.
i have watched the first 30 minutes and will watch the rest later.
already i found at least two movie mistakes.
the aircraft footage is real and cgi mixed.....but not technically correct...
in the first training exercise they show sukhoi chasing 3 j-10s and shot down two..the third j-10 does a super cobra....good cgi..but the speed at which they show the j-10 doing super cobra is enough to break the plane apart and the worst bit is that they totslly missed out the all important vapour trail. super cobra leaves a big vapour trail on top side of the plane as air is decompressed.
then this cute hot chivk is riding a bike while wearing a peopper fighter jet helmet

That movie was a big embarrassment for the Chinese military fans.

Even i think the Chinese movie industry still has a long way to go, even today we fail to come out with a movie that has the quality on par with the Hollywood movie of the 1980s.

This movie was a big embarrassment for the Chinese military fans.

Even i think the Chinese movie industry still has a long way to go, even today we fail to come out with a movie that has the quality on par with the Hollywood of the 1980s.
The Chinese movie industry doesn't have a long way to go, the Chinese just can't make movies. Likewise, your soccer team didn't have a long way to go either when that Deng of yours said: Soccer has to start with babies. Now those babies have become fully grown adults, and the Chinese still can't player soccer. You know what I am saying? The Chinese can't make good movies.

The Chinese movie industry doesn't have a long way to go, the Chinese just can't make movies. Likewise, your soccer team didn't have a long way to go either when that Deng of yours said: Soccer has to start with babies. Now those babies have become fully grown adults, and the Chinese still can't player soccer. You know what I am saying? The Chinese can't make good movies.

Well, we prefer to stick with our drama.

Movies need to be approved by government bureaucrats.

Obviously for a historical flick, you would have the appropriate "enemy." But if you were to posit China going to war against a country in a fictional, modern day setting, the government might be concerned that this would reflect negatively on diplomatic relations. You do have internet amateurs making their own animated shorts depicting present-day military conflicts. The enemies are usually USA or Japan.

Anyway, this movie turns out to be "a story of two outstanding military men competing for the position of division commander. They go through misunderstandings and life-threatening moments before finally coming to a common understanding. Eventually they pull together and complete the air force exercise perfectly." :sick:

When I realized this was about air force internal politics and had no military conflict setting, I turned it off immediately. Two thumbs down :tdown::tdown:

There are enough games and movies depicting pretty much anybody as enemy even Mexico. They should just use their judgment on whether its really worth having a diplomatic row over such things.

That movie was a big embarrassment for the Chinese military fans.

Even i think the Chinese movie industry still has a long way to go, even today we fail to come out with a movie that has the quality on par with the Hollywood of the 1980s.

the same cannot be said anout chinese martial arts movies....they are well made.

Well, we prefer to stick with our drama.
Be my guest man, I prefer not to see a Chinese drama. Across Chinese screens large or small, you are guaranteed to see Chinese crying. Why do you always have to cry to tell a "story?" You know what I am saying? Its depressing, man, depressing. My impression is the Chinese can never cease shedding tears. I am sorry, man. But it's probably true.

Be my guest man, I prefer not to see a Chinese drama. Across Chinese screens large or small, you are guaranteed to see Chinese crying. Why do you always have to cry to tell a "story?" You know what I am saying? Its depressing, man, depressing. My impression is the Chinese can never cease shedding tears. I am sorry, man. But it's probably true.

The Chinese drama is for only Chinese audience only.

We don't care others like it or not, since Chinese audience mostly only watch the Chinese drama.

Those crying drama that you are talking about are from Taiwan i suppose.

Since the Mainland drama don't cry that much.

drama and soap are culture specific and if you dont understand that culture you cant possibly enjoy or even understand the drama.

If you watch a Chinese movie, you get a impression that for Chinese even breathing air is a struggle. You know what I am saying? In order to live to see tomorrow sun, in peacetime, the Chinese has just to struggle.
Just pure struggle, no revelation or inspiration of any kind. Worthless.
And cheap jokes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom