What's new

Chinese Researchers Announce Radar Invisibility Cloak with Illusion Cap

A glass-like material based on technology found in an ancient
Sanskrit text that could ultimately be used in a stealth bomber (the
material cannot be detected by radar) has been developed by a
research scholar of Benaras Hindu University.

Prof M A Lakshmithathachar, Director of the Academy of Sanskrit
Research in Melkote, near Mandya, told Deccan Herald that tests
conducted with the material showed radars could not detect it. "The
unique material cannot be traced by radar and so a plane coated with
it cannot be detected using radar,"
he said.

Is India working on this also?

This sounds like mystic BS to me.

No offence to that prof.

No offence to that prof.

Banaras Hindu University is one of the best facilities in India which has produced many famous people. I would not say it is totally impossible as there is alot of knowledge in Vedic Texts.

Banaras Hindu University is one of the best facilities in India which has produced many famous people. I would not say it is totally impossible as there is alot of knowledge in Vedic Texts.

Maybe no offence intended for your cultural texts but usually when people claim that there is some mystical or romantic origins for "health breakthroughs" or cutting edge -----, it is usually a scam or more likely in this case a misrepresentation of what the actual discovery is.

No offence to that prof.

Detect is too vague a word.(ie was it talking about no signal returns?)
Just beacuse radar cannot 'detect' it does not mean the same will hold true when it is applied on another material.
radar wave pass through polystyrene quite cleanly too. In fact we just assume freespace when we need it as a rigid support for our experiment.

Farfetched dude... the Vedic texts might describe such a thing, but no one knows how to prototype it, nor are there technical details in these historical texts.

I admit it is bordering on the fantasy :agree: but a long time ago man thought they would never fly or drive who knows how technology will change in 20-50 yrs from now

I still think warp drive technology is possible from Star trek

science doesnt say it CANT happen but the amount of energy require to warp space around you... is, to put it lightly, enormous

science doesnt say it CANT happen but the amount of energy require to warp space around you... is, to put it lightly, enormous

I know there was even a article on the NASA website on warp drive I guess in theory most things are possible even time travel

Back
Top Bottom