What's new

Chinese outstanding academic performance not because of hard working, its more to do with genetic

A few times I've heard my parents say "the children of fire are Ash". It means the children of the successful are unsuccessful. Fire is the first type of energy mankind harnessed, ash is simply it's byproduct.

I wasn't sure I agreed with the saying. After all successful people get to pass down the experience of getting to success, the wealth they might accumulate and will be able to offer thier children a better start in life as well as better opportunities.

Having thought about it though, after seeing some examples where this saying was apt, I think there is some truth in it. I don't think it is applicable everywhere but certainly to same cases. I started to think why and came up with the following reasoning;

1. Neglect due to the persuit of success. Those trying to leave a mark on the world, might not have time to adequately pass on thier wisdom to thier own.

2. Taking things for granted. Opportunity needs to be grasped and utilised, opportunity alone will not be enough for success to be passed on. In fact success cannot be passed on, only ever achieved.

3. Lack of the conditions that drove the persuit of success. People get comfortable, my father worked 7 days a week, did double shifts most weeks, I consider my 9-5 a burden... lol

This is similar to why wealthy families often lose thier wealth by the third generation.

The mentality you mentioned is the same thing, people dismissing hard work as genetic superiority.

Success doesn't exist without hardship...
Hardship is almost non-existent When things are "granted" / "Given"...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom