Chinese HQ9

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
d40eedf04ac3a2e2792dd411a44db1bc.jpg

cf6ae5be46e8a01157462f08e48ba4fd.jpg

The HQ-9 is a long-range surface-to-air missile intended to counter a wide spectrum of airborne threats such as supersonic aircraft, helicopters cruise missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). It was designed by the China Academy of Defence Technology to counter targets at ranges of up to 200 kilometers and altitudes of up to 30,000 meters. The HQ-9 missile is utilized by a mobile ground-based air defense known as HQ-9A and its naval version which is being provided to surface combatants.

The HQ-9 missile development started in the 1980s and leverages features from both the Patriot and S-300 surface-to-air missiles. The HQ-9 has a track-via-missile terminal guidance system and proximity fuze taken from the Patriot and 'cold-launch' and aerodynamics from tube-launched S-300 missiles. Cold launch means the missile's rocket engine ignites after the missile has been ejected from its launch tube. In comparison, Western vertically launched missiles ignite inside the launch tube which requires sophisticated pipelines to evacuate the exhaust gas.

The FT-2000 is a proposed version designed to counter airborne radar emitters such as E-3 AWACS. To do so, the FT-2000 is equipped with a passive radar seeker that tracks radar emissions from EW aircrafts. Both missiles, HQ-9 and FT-2000, may be promoted to the export market. The People's Liberation Army (PLA) first deployed the HQ-9 missile in 1997. The HQ-9 along with the S-300 missile systems are the successors to the PLA's aging HQ-2/SA-2 Guideline air defense systems.

i hope our army get some equipment like that from china specially rocket propled and howitzers

i hope our army get some equipment like that from china specially rocket propled and howitzers

You know what brother we already have this tech from china as soon as India ordered Phalcons from Israel.

China is the best option for Pakistan to BUY Military hardware as USA has ditched us many Times but China is a all weather friend and time tested Inshallah we will get some more tech from China and the best part is The joint ventures with china and TOT transfer of Technology.

:pakistan::china:

:guns::usflag:

You guys can get S-300 from China, once they get S-400 from the Russians.

You guys can get S-300 from China, once they get S-400 from the Russians.

Ya sure and we will love to say Good Byee :wave: to Uncle SAM's :usflag: SAM.

China is a more reliable Military Hardware provider as compared to USA no offense dear but i am still in doubt that USA will give F-16 to Pakistan or not.

Under Obama's Regime i think Uncle SAM's attitude will be even Harsher Towards Pakistan.

chinese HQ9 has a good payload. Chinese can fill it with coffee makers and pillows and toilet rolls and fire it at the US. Lot cheaper to export their technology this way.

Your intro. in members section would be much appreciated, Mr. swiss watch.

i guss, we needit very much to face the enmey on 2 fronts, at least it can give us the time to kill , enemy crafts...?;):tup::enjoy:

You know what brother we already have this tech from china as soon as India ordered Phalcons from Israel.

China is the best option for Pakistan to BUY Military hardware as USA has ditched us many Times but China is a all weather friend and time tested Inshallah we will get some more tech from China and the best part is The joint ventures with china and TOT transfer of Technology.

:pakistan::china:

:guns::usflag:

Can anyone tell me if the HongQi-9 is as good or better than the Russian Pantsyr-SIE air defense missile. This is what the Irani and Syrians have but the Israeli AF had no problem penetrating Syrian air space in 2007. PK needs the latest version to keep out IN and IL fighters.

N8H

Can anyone tell me if the HongQi-9 is as good or better than the Russian Pantsyr-SIE air defense missile. This is what the Irani and Syrians have but the Israeli AF had no problem penetrating Syrian air space in 2007. PK needs the latest version to keep out IN and IL fighters.

N8H

actually the Syrians might not have the Pantsyr- S1, although there is speculation... and the amount alleged that they have is very small... and from what i have found out is that the russian air force started recieving them in 2008, after the israeli violation of syrian air space. i doubt the syrians got it before it was delivered to the russian air force. plus the range of the S1 not as good as the s-300, which the chinese system is supposedly based on... although the range of the chinese system isnt as good as the s-300.:blah:;)

You forgot HQ-9s capabilities of limited anti-ballistic missile capabilities.

CAN any one confirm it plz.it is stated of wikipedia dat In October 2003, it was reported that China had closed a deal with Pakistan to supply an unspecified number of FT-2000 systems, an anti-radiation variant of the HQ-9 long range air defence system.It was reported in mid-2008 that Pakistan intended to purchase a high altitude air defence and missile defence system and the FD-2000, another variant of HQ-9, was expected to be chosenhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_airforce#Surface-to-air_missile_systems

Back
Top Bottom