Chinese hospitals discharge 9,419 recovered patients of coronavirus infection

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Chinese hospitals discharge 9,419 recovered patients of coronavirus infection
Xinhua, February 16, 2020

A total of 9,419 patients infected with the novel coronavirus had been discharged from hospital after recovery by the end of Saturday, Chinese health authority announced Sunday.

Saturday saw 1,323 people walk out of hospital after recovery, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.

By the end of Saturday, a total of 1,665 people had died of the disease and 68,500 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection had been reported in 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps in China.

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2020-02/16/content_75709620.htm

Is this recovery in a sense their's no more trace of the virus left in the body? or just suppressed by medication from spreading?

Is this recovery in a sense their's no more trace of the virus left in the body? or just suppressed by medication from spreading?
I think the standard is virus free, many patients were also discharged in many other countries, so I believe the standard should be the same in all countries.

The number of being discharged from hospitals rose to 10,844 today.

I think the standard is virus free, many patients were also discharged in many other countries, so I believe the standard should be the same in all countries.

The number of being discharged from hospitals rose to 10,844 today.
So that means that a cure has been made for the virus? Previous they were saying that Anti HIV and Flu drug cocktail was being given and signs of improvement were seen in patients in Thailand. What about a vaccine?

So that means that a cure has been made for the virus? Previous they were saying that Anti HIV and Flu drug cocktail was being given and signs of improvement were seen in patients in Thailand. What about a vaccine?
Several drugs are being tested on some patients, no vaccines yet, this is a self limiting disease like common cold so most people can just recover by themselves, many didn't go to hospitals to get any treatment.

I'm afraid that symptoms might return for those discharged ... sometimes the virus can strike back again

I'm afraid that symptoms might return for those discharged ... sometimes the virus can strike back again
It didn't happen after SARS, they all developed antibody against this virus after they recover.

Patients showed an improvement in clinical symptoms 12–24 hours after plasma infusion
In the absence of any preventive vaccine or specific antivirals for treating COVID-19 patients infected with the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, a pharmaceutical company in China has turned to plasma taken from people who have recovered from the infection to treat critically ill patients.

Convalescent plasma
Convalescent plasma has been listed as a therapeutic method by China’s National Health Commission.

People who have recovered from COVID-19 disease would have antibodies against the virus. Infusing the antibodies to critically ill patients is expected to improve the chances of survival. The plasma that is transfused contains the antibodies.

Back
Top Bottom