What's new

Chinese & Dutch navies seek stronger ties

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Military leaders of China and the Netherlands on Monday pledged to strengthen ties between the two navies.

The pledge came out of the meeting between Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie and Commander of the Royal Netherlands Navy Matthieu Borsboom on Monday afternoon.

Borsboom was the first commander of the Royal Netherlands Navy to visit China over the past 20 years. He was also the highest-ranking Dutch military official to visit Beijing in 10 years.

At the start of their hour-long meeting, Liang reviewed the steady growth of China-Netherlands relations, citing the soaring trade and remarkable collaboration in science, technology, education and justice.

Liang highlighted China's military relations with the Netherlands,saying the two sides worked closely in staff training, logistics, surveying and mapping.

Liang said the Chinese military would like to work with the Dutch military to increase understanding and mutual trust to boost military relations.

Borsboom underlined the Dutch navy's commitment to developing ties with the Chinese navy, calling for stronger cooperation in wider fields between the countries.

Liang briefed Borsboom on China's defense policy and military capability.

Borsboom said he was convinced that China's military development would not pose any threat to other countries.

After Beijing, Borsboom will travel to east China's coastal city of Qingdao and economic powerhouse of Shanghai.

China Military Online English Edition

Now, if we could get the two countries' soccer teams to work together, that would be the ****.

Military leaders of China and the Netherlands on Monday pledged to strengthen ties between the two navies.

The pledge came out of the meeting between Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie and Commander of the Royal Netherlands Navy Matthieu Borsboom on Monday afternoon.

Borsboom was the first commander of the Royal Netherlands Navy to visit China over the past 20 years. He was also the highest-ranking Dutch military official to visit Beijing in 10 years.''

This Borsboom is a new guy coming from Nord Holland- my "sphere of influence" actually :D. I probably would have known him myself if I ask around my powerful friends. After all Holland is a tiny place where everyone knows everyone here.

Nonetheless, Dutch are the most humble and pragmatic northern Europeans (Scandinavians aside) - strikingly similar to Han Chinese on this account. If Borsboom goes to visit you, it should mean no-bullshit business.

If I were general Liang, I would chill out with Borsboom at the Great Wall for the meeting, before inviting him to Beijing or Shanghai night markets afterwards for some street food over some mugs of wit beer, making it sure telling him they're all for free. The Dutch love that! :yahoo:

Now, if we could get the two countries' soccer teams to work together, that would be the ****.

Dutch did that, at least 8 or 10 years ago long before Guus Hiddink went to coach South Korea, KNVB (Dutch football association) sent some dutch national trainers to Beijing for such a talk - I saw a Dutch documentary at a time. But the Chinese football association ( I personally think they are a bunch of nuts) were only interest in Eatern European style...:undecided:

Dutch, alongwith German, football actually is the best in Europe, one of the best in the world! The current Spanish national team(Barca mainly) is essentailly Dutch style. If CHina had adopted the entire Dutch system of selecting, training young players when they are still school kids on top of football philosophy and tactics, she would have had progressed to the World Cup level long time ago!

Back
Top Bottom