What's new

Chinese breakthrough in shrinking IC technology

Lightningbolt

BANNED
Reaction score
BEIJING — Chinese scientists have made a breakthrough in cracking a key technology in constructing integrated circuits (IC), news which is expected to help pull up global market shares of domestic IC producers.

The Institute of Microelectronics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (IMECAS) announced on Friday that it has developed metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistors with a gate length of 22 nanometers, a preliminary step to obtaining electronic circuits with a width of just 22 nonometers.

Instead of turning to traditional materials such as silica and polysilicon, researchers tried high-k/metal-gate materials in making the device to save cost and ensure the device’s “world-class performance and low power dissipation,” according to the IMECAS.

Technology firms around the world are coveting 22-nanometer IC technology for its potential to hack the cost of manufacturing products like computers and cellphones that are heavily reliant on the minuscule circuits.

China initiated its research in this field in 2009 as one of its major national scientific projects.

The IMECAS said the full harnessing of 22-nanometer IC technology would mean huge savings for China in importing foreign technologies and boost China-made IC products’ competitiveness.

Twenty-two nanometers is about one-2,300th of the length of a hair’s diameter, while 22-nanometer IC technology can make it possible to put 10 million transistors in an area equivalent to the cross section of a hair.

http://www.interaksyon.com/infotech/chinese-breakthrough-in-shrinking-ic-technology

Big freaking deal...!!! Am working on mid-teens nm right now.

So are we. This report was last year. We are apparently working on EARLY-TEENS
You wish. Or dreaming. Or making up sh1t. :lol:

Laboratory successes do not count, sonny. If it does, my company along with Intel, Micron Technology, Toshiba, and Samsung made below 10 nm already. Currently, all of us put that scaling on hold because of extremely low physical retention of data and high probability of data corruption because of thin walls. It is mass production of scaling technology that assure a certain percentage of data reliability and data integrity that counts.

We do SEM analyses of Chinese semi-con products.

eetimes_150811_fakes_rayner.jpg

We have a pretty good idea of what Chinese semicon companies are capable of.

You are pathetically desperate. :lol:

You wish. Or dreaming. Or making up sh1t. :lol:

Laboratory successes do not count, sonny. If it does, my company along with Intel, Micron Technology, Toshiba, and Samsung made below 10 nm already. Currently, all of us put that scaling on hold because of extremely low physical retention of data and high probability of data corruption because of thin walls. It is mass production of scaling technology that assure a certain percentage of data reliability and data integrity that counts.

Desperate?

Go look in the mirror little Viet, you will see desperation staring right at YOU :lol:

Our labs are already below 10nm. Infact, there was a report that Intel even admitted that they were behind one Chinese company.

Desperate?

Go look in the mirror little Viet, you will see desperation staring right at YOU :lol:

Our labs are already below 10nm. Infact, there was a report that Intel even admitted that they were behind one Chinese company.
Sure...Right now, mainland Chinese semicon fabs are still mostly 8 inchers or 200 mm. And you are talking smack about Chinese semicon going below 10 nm scaling.

Why are you trolling and diverting with counterfeiting issue?

Cant you appreciate the progress and breakthrough that China has acchieve?

SMIC already has 300mm wafer fabs.

1 in Shanghai.
2 in Beijing.
1 in Wuhan.
Yeah...Three. But I guess you are going to call them 'breakthrough' as well. :rolleyes:

Let me guess...And am going out on a limb here...:lol:...Now you are going to tell us that you have semiconductor R/D and manufacturing studies and experience?

Since I busted you for your claim to have 'aviation studies', I will ask you: In semicon product manufacturing, what exactly does 'inline parametric' measurement do and when is it appropriate to do so?

Yeah...Three. But I guess you are going to call them 'breakthrough' as well. :rolleyes:

1+2+1= 3? :lol:

Now I realise what a poofter you are.

Just an old Viet that probably had his mommy abused by a Chinese man.

Jealous of the progress we are making because the more we progress, the more it scares the crap out of Vietnam that they will go back to being a renegade province of China.

1+2+1= 3? :lol:

Now I realise what a poofter you are.
Three locations as in three cities. My company already has four and we are breaking ground for a new 300 mm fab at our main facility. But we are still going to call it one.

Three locations as in three cities. My company already has four and we are breaking ground for a new 300 mm fab at our main facility. But we are still going to call it one.

:rofl:

4 fabs.

It doesn't matter how many cities they are in. What matters is how many 300mm fabs we have.

You are pathetic :lol:

:rofl:

4 fabs.

It doesn't matter how many cities they are in. What matters is how many 300mm fabs we have.

You are pathetic :lol:
No. The truly pathetic person here is YOU for making up the 'fact' that Chinese semicon manufacturers have gone below 10 nm scaling. It is a pathetic attempt at one up-manship on a subject you know nothing about.

No. The truly pathetic person here is YOU for making up the 'fact' that Chinese semicon manufacturers have gone below 10 nm scaling. It is a pathetic attempt at one up-manship on a subject you know nothing about.

I posted an article showing our proud achievement and the very next post (post #2) YOU try your pathetic attempt at one up-manship.

You are a jealous old Vietnamese man having hatred for China because we don't treat your kind as our equal.

I posted an article showing our proud achievement and the very next post (post #2) YOU try your pathetic attempt at one up-manship.
At sub 10 nm scaling that you made it up later? :lol:

Kid, if I say we are at below 20, it is more believable than your claim that Chinese semicon manufacturers are running sub 10. In the end, YOU ended up the fool and even your fellow Chinese feels sorry for you.

Back
Top Bottom