What's new

Chinese automobile industry?

Pictures tell a thousand words. The indigenous Chinese auto industry is a joke in automotive circles. Their King Long buses constantly catch fire and are hazards.
BEST dethrones King Long buses

Clearly, it is one thing to sew a Nike shoe, quite another to build a reliable mechanical product

Indeed, King Long, with major shareholder San Yang Industry Co., Ltd. from Taiwan, may be "not good enough" for india :lol: but it sure is good enough for developed world markets like Malta, Singapore and US. We only sell the garbage to India because well, you get what you pay for.

Indeed, King Long, with major shareholder San Yang Industry Co., Ltd. from Taiwan, may be "not good enough" for india :lol: but it sure is good enough for developed world markets like Malta, Singapore and US. We only sell the garbage to India because well, you get what you pay for.

What cars do we Import from China(be specific) also you just had to report him and watch the mods take care.

I test drove a geely.... 1300cc.... the company couldnt do well Pakistan...

Cherry QQ was better.

What cars do we Import from China(be specific) also you just had to report him and watch the mods take care.

We don't sell many cars. We barely meet domestic demand.

Here is what we do export to India

The major items in the Chinese export basket to India comprise of electrical machinery, organic chemicals, silk, mechanical appliances, mineral fuels, edible vegetables and textiles.

Out of this, electrical machinery sector witnessed a growth of 125 per cent in 2002 when India imported $564.565 million worth of goods from China compared to $250.304 million.

In the organic chemicals sector, India's import amounted to $543.343 million last year, registering a 43 per cent growth over 2001.

Chinese exports of man-made filaments to India also rose sharply by 372 per cent to touch $65.233 million last year compared to $13.813 million in 2001.

Chinese silk, one of the most popular items in India also witnessed growing demand last year when China shipped $219.466 million worth of goods to India, registering a 21 per cent growth. In 2001, China earned $181.039 million from exporting silk to India.

Edible vegetables, roots and fruits category also witnessed 221 per cent growth last year when China shipped $44.915 million worth of goods to India compared to last year's total export of $14.073 million.

In a recent automobile expo, i have seen a car from a chinese company called chery. It had a lot of features crammed into it, like rear camera, television, etc. The unbelievable part was how low priced it was. The price was so low, i even asked the guy sitting there if it was a print error. I dont know anything about the quality so i cannot comment on that.

@tanlixiang-Thanks for the information(i was expecting something about cars).

Cherry QQ is a model "based" on erstwhile Daewoo's Matiz which has now been bought over by Chevrolet and being sold as Chevy Spark in India. Somehow I feel it is a good mix of the form factor versus maneuverability in the tight city streets in India. No wonder the Spark is popular in many small cities in India.

In a recent automobile expo, i have seen a car from a chinese company called chery. It had a lot of features crammed into it, like rear camera, television, etc. The unbelievable part was how low priced it was. The price was so low, i even asked the guy sitting there if it was a print error. I dont know anything about the quality so i cannot comment on that.

chery is quite a big company now, their compact and mid-size car sells very good

chery in DAKAR
110550358_550.jpg

21733043-20100111_4e597a85db619eebc5b93j2sV2fJ2yQD_jpg_thumb-embed.jpg

Cherry QQ is a model "based" on erstwhile Daewoo's Matiz which has now been bought over by Chevrolet and being sold as Chevy Spark in India. Somehow I feel it is a good mix of the form factor versus maneuverability in the tight city streets in India. No wonder the Spark is popular in many small cities in India.
Bro,some Chinese company is buying chevy India(i think).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom