What's new

Chinese anti-veil 'beauty' campaign sows ugly tensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad move on part of China. Such steps will give more fuel to the fire.

Such steps are condemnable no matter where.

I disagree with you sir.

The is no compulsion in their religion that makes them wear a full veil. Their scripture just says to dress modestly.

Nor is it their historical tradition. These "traditions" are actually recent imported ideas from the Arabian peninsula.

I disagree with you sir.

The is no compulsion in their religion that makes them wear a full veil. Their scripture just says to dress modestly.

Nor is it their historical tradition. These "traditions" are actually recent imported ideas from the Arabian peninsula.

Its all part of the recent Obscurantist "hardening" in Islam that can be seen. But some people (for their own reasons) find it convenient to overlook that phenomenon.

I disagree with you sir.

People are and should be given the choice on how they interpret their religion and then there is personal choice. In many areas / places the covering of the face is not just due to religion, rather its a tradition or a way of living.

And its not just about religion / personal choice should be allowed.

People are and should be given the choice on how they interpret their religion and then there is personal choice. In many areas / places the covering of the face is not just due to religion, rather its a tradition or a way of living.

And its not just about religion / personal choice should be allowed.

Except that full veils were never the Uyghur historical tradition.

Full veils are only a historical tradition in the Arabian peninsula. And they spread from there only fairly recently.

Anyway, I don't know why the Express Tribune is always so concerned about Chinese internal affairs.

You never see China complaining about Pakistan's policies regarding minorities, be they Christians, Hindus, Shia, etc. Because that's none of our business.

@Chinese-Dragon Don't you know they are the vanguard of Muslims all around the world ?

People are and should be given the choice on how they interpret their religion and then there is personal choice. In many areas / places the covering of the face is not just due to religion, rather its a tradition or a way of living. And its not just about religion / personal choice should be allowed.
Sir, Digambar Jain monks roam naked and they are allowed to do so. Its their religious belief and tradition. Will you allow it in your country ?

Full Face veil is not islam its arabs tradition and one cannot find it base in Quran and hadees.
if anybody have any versus of quran and hadees tradition please let us know so our knowledge also increase regarding the topic so far i have not come across any of it.

I thanked you not because I agree with you on this but because you are not being a hypocrite and speaking your mind. Very few people do that here.

Except that full veils were never the Uyghur historical tradition.

Full veils are only a historical tradition in the Arabian peninsula. And they spread from there only fairly recently.

Anyway, I don't know why the Express Tribune is always so concerned about Chinese internal affairs.

You never see China complaining about Pakistan's policies regarding minorities, be they Christians, Hindus, Shia, etc. Because that's none of our business.

Express Tribune has a collaboration with the International Herald Tribune. Thus they are very much interested in anything which damages image of Pakistan or its allies.

International New York Times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as i understand its not a blanket ban as in france but merely trying to discourage wearing the veil.

Bad policy on Chinas part as it shouldn't start alienating its Muslim population hence the rest of the muslim world. The chinese need to utilise the Uighur by allowing their identity as chinese muslims to develop better ties with the muslim world.

When you say allies, do you mean by religious allies? China or America? I do noticed they are based in America, which explains their interests in China's internal affairs.

By allies i mean our allies/ally which are/is not in good terms with them. Especially China.

Complete ban is against moral standings of personal freedom, but then again they are facing an insurgency due to religious extremism and mistreatment by the central govt.

This wont have the effects they hope for, only to it pisses people off more. But they havent banned it yet so far so good. They have all the right to run a campaign on things that have no basis in Islam. Full face covering is not explicitly stated anywhere.

By allies i mean our allies/ally which are/is not in good terms with them. Especially China.

My bad, I was not reading what you wrote properly. I get you now :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom