What's new

China's Y-20 is on the production line

shchinese

BANNED
Reaction score
:cheers:

according to a inside source and some semi-official docs, this is believe to be the first picture of the Y-20.

Y-20 is one generation ahead of the Y-9, currently there is no spec for Y-20, but Y-9 is known to be comparable to C-130J.

:china::pakistan:

wow it looks hot...it may be much more better then Pakistani C-130...any news regarding buying of these carriers by Pakistan

wow it looks hot...it may be much more better then Pakistani C-130...any news regarding buying of these carriers by Pakistan

This aircraft is believed to be produced for the static test, scheduled on Oct. Based on the experience of Y-10, it will take 4-5 years for the first flight and a few more years until Y-20 can enter service in PLAAF. I would expect that to happen after 2018 at best.

The good thing is Y-20 will be completely designed/made in China, meaning the engine/radar are all Chinese made. There won't be any export control problem from those crazy Russians any more.

WOW! thats one mean lookin bird "shchinese" bro! :woot: :cheesy:

Nice, thanx for the post "shchinese" Bro!

:china::pakistan:

A photoshopped Illushin aircraft would be more apt.Just look at the wings and Tail
.China nowhere right now does not that have the capability to build such large wings

A photoshopped Illushin aircraft would be more apt.Just look at the wings and Tail
.China nowhere right now does not that have the capability to build such large wings

I've told you that we are different. Chinese don't spend 30 years on LCA/Arjun, so you can't just apply your standard and try using that to measure our capacity.

you should have a look at oyr Y-10 made 30 years ago. be aware, we made it work 30 years ago, Y-10 was even used for some disaster relief missions.

Photos: Shanghai Y-10 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

I've told you that we are different. Chinese don't spend 30 years on LCA/Arjun, so you can't just apply your standard and try using that to measure our capacity.

you should have a look at oyr Y-10 made 30 years ago. be aware, we made it work 30 years ago, Y-10 was even used for some disaster relief missions.

but thats only a proto type and has only 130 flight hours to it.It is indeed areverse engineered 707

but thats only a proto type and has only 130 flight hours to it.It is indeed areverse engineered 707

as I just mentioned in another thread, can you just answer me a few very simple engineering questions:

is it possible for India/China to reverse engineer Intel processors?
is it possible for India/China to reverse engineer Boeing 747's engine?
is it possible for India/China to reverse engineer IBM's supercomputer?

btw, let's assume you are right, that is a prototype, how about the fact that it is done 30 years ago?

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

This is really great, Hmnn, Well there is someone from asia who can compete with boing and airbus.... way you go China.... good news, when will it be launched? :smitten::smitten::smitten:

Well Chinese must build one Passenger plane too, It sure looks great to me, cheers guys, keepup the good work

And I guess India is developing one too... MRTA....

2a794cf7a51e3b505c675268cf6dbcdf.jpg

:smokin: where are you going to buy engines? radars?

Who told you Y-10 was a success project it failed miserably and now abusing Indian projects? ...

.. It would have been used for disaster relief missions when it get stopped (a relief from an entire disaster)..:lol:

Last edited:
Who told you Y-10 was a success project it failed miserably and now abusing Indian projects? ...

.. It would have been used for disaster relief missions when it get stopped (a relief from an entire disaster)..:lol:

:smokin: it is canceled because at the time we have serious financial problems, the lack of funding forced the full stop of that project.

however, the experience gained during that project ensured us to have the arj aircraft and the coming c919.

you guys are about 30 years behind and I wish the best for the LCA aircraft.

:smokin: it is canceled because at the time we have serious financial problems, the lack of funding forced the full stop of that project.
Source Please..

however, the experience gained during that project ensured us to have the arj aircraft and the coming c919.
Friend, thats what we are doing. We are on a starting stage but on this account you cannot say that we will not succeed.

you guys are about 30 years behind and I wish the best for the LCA aircraft.
There are several other fields too that China is front runners. But keep in mind that we are also on the track that China has long passed. If China can achieve we too can but slowly..

All the best for entire projects in China..:cheers:

Source Please..

there are a lot of articles in Chinese discussing the issue. the main argument is we canceled the project for funding reasons and use the factory for producing the body parts of MD aircrafts, however more money was actually lost when MD was brought by Boeing and canceled the cooperation with that factory.

Shanghai Y-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are several other fields too that China is front runners. But keep in mind that we are also on the track that China has long passed. If China can achieve we too can but slowly..

that is not true.

in an ideal world, that is the case for all major nations, however if that is true in the real world, then basically you are saying everyone can be powerful.

sometimes you can keep trying, keep working very hard (e.g. arjun/lca), but at the end of the day, you will find you are just not the material for those cutting edge stuff.

there are other cases in industry/high sectors. for example, india in general doesn't have its own software industry which brings innovation, india still lacks a basic semiconductor industry. to some extent, china has some similar issues, for example, our raw material research is 30-40 years behind the west, our defense related industries are still exclusively run by some state owned companies leading to efficiency issues.

:smokin:

that is not true.

in an ideal world, that is the case for all major nations, however if that is true in the real world, then basically you are saying everyone can be powerful.
Why not ?

sometimes you can keep trying, keep working very hard (e.g. arjun/lca), but at the end of the day, you will find you are just not the material for those cutting edge stuff.
By this ideology we asians better stop all R&D works. Why keep trying if we cannot achieve?

there are other cases in industry/high sectors. for example, india in general doesn't have its own software industry which brings innovation, india still lacks a basic semiconductor industry. to some extent, china has some similar issues, for example, our raw material research is 30-40 years behind the west, our defense related industries are still exclusively run by some state owned companies leading to efficiency issues.
:smokin:
China is behind by 30-40 years ?? I must say ..Thats just BS.

Back
Top Bottom