What's new

China's second moon orbiter outperforms design

Sasquatch

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
China
China's second moon orbiter, the Chang'e-2, has performed outstandingly, a Chinese lawmaker close to the lunar exploration project said Tuesday.

Chang'e-2 has more than achieved the goals set for it, said Hu Hao, deputy commander-in-chief of the lunar exploration center under the Commission of Science, Technology and Industry of National Defense and a deputy to the National People's Congress, the country's top legislature.

China last month published a high-resolution full-coverage map of the moon captured by the Chang'e-2, which is "the highest-resolution photo of the entirety of the moon's surface to be published so far in the world," according to Hu.

"China's lunar exploration is providing research materials for global scientists, which has demonstrated that our utilization of the moon is for peaceful purposes," he said.

Chang'e-2, named after a Chinese mythological moon goddess, was launched on Oct. 1, 2010.

"The excellent performance of Chang'e-2 has laid a solid foundation for the future landing of its successor, Chang'e-3, next year," noted Hu.

China's third lunar probe, Chang'e-3, is expected to be launched in 2013 and conduct a moon landing and lunar explorations. Its launch is part of the second step of China's three-phrase lunar probe project of orbiting, landing and returning.

Chang'e-2 will continue tests on the space environment and engineering technology experiments at the second Lagrange Point.

Yeah, the optic lens are made in Germany and the digital processors are from Japan. Of course, it outperforms design. The camera is foreign and the design is Chinese {gracefully copied from the Clinton blueprints}.

Yeah, the optic lens are made in Germany and the digital processors are from Japan. Of course, it outperforms design. The camera is foreign and the design is Chinese {gracefully copied from the Clinton blueprints}.

Your source?

German lens part seems alright to me. They produce the best lens anyway. And US uses Zeiss as well. But by what you mean digital processors? CPU? I don't think Japan makes them.
And could you post information about Clinton blueprints?

German lens part seems alright to me. They produce the best lens anyway. And US uses Zeiss as well. But by what you mean digital processors? CPU? I don't think Japan makes them.
And could you post information about Clinton blueprints?

BS. 4 of 5 lens on Chang'e are from a Zhejiang company. I can't find information regarding the fifth one. How did he know that it was German?

I did't find information on the digital processor. Ao333, show sources before you bash.

Here is my link:

ë???"?"?"?"--?-

god you are such a loser. you hate everyone that achieves something, whether it is china, russia , india or whoever. absolute jealousy seeing china progress.

grow up.

German lens part seems alright to me. They produce the best lens anyway. And US uses Zeiss as well.
Zeiss makes WONDERFUL optics but I'm not sure they manufacture all of them in Germany. Last I checked it wasn't against German law to manufacture elsewhere and then relabel the product "Made in Germany".

Back
Top Bottom