What's new

China's new high-powered eletronic-magnitude railgun only takes 45 sec to reload

Reaction score
Country
China
According to the article, 10 years ago, in 2006, China's eletronic-magnitude railgun is capable of shooting a 25kg warhead to 250 km away, which is the world champion at that.

And nowdays China's eletronic-magnitude railgun is of cause far more advanced then in 2006, according to the article there are two team in China who are leading in this area.

One is leaded by very distinctive scientist, fellower of China Academic of Engineering, major general Ma Weiwing from University of PLA Navy Engineering (Ma is also the chief designer of EMAL of China's next aircraft carrier), the other team is from Beijing insistute of rare material research.

The team leaded by general Ma now is capable shot very high power electronic-magnitude railgun (the exact power is classified) with 45 sec recharge/reload time, which is at producation quality for field deployment for anti ballistic missile missions.:enjoy:

http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/jssd/2017-01-23/doc-ifxzutkf2410986.shtml

Excellent news
:devil: ,There are still plenty out there who think the US is the only one with the railgun development and honestly believe China has not conducted any research on this new type of weapon as of today. Boy oh boy they have zero clue just how far they are from the truth.

How credible is this news source? The article has been deleted.

Insult deleted !

What is the range ?

The article has not give that detail since it is classified, but the article do say that 10 years ago China's EM railgun has a range of 250km with 25kg warhead and claimed nowadays China's railgun is much better than 10 years ago in terms of range and payload.:enjoy:

The kind of range and payload is likely for ballastic missile defence system:enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Which part agree with you?

The article and his paper both mentions that this weapon is using high direct power to heat up and burn the missile such to ingnating the warhead, just like laser weapon, but more effcient at doing that, and this is EMP to you?

Do you even know what does EMP means and how it works, dont waste my time like this my little indian boy

Throwing around pejoratives does nothing to dispel my conclusion, and those of others far more informed on this matter than you, that this "directed energy weapon" is merely a countermeasure designed to "fry" an opponent's electronic circuitry via high-intensity bursts of microwave radiation, not a "hard-kill" anti-ballistic or whatever system that you so fantasize about. If you have direct evidence that this device can and has intercepted missiles via thermal or kinetic means, do share it, but as it stands, you haven't done so, not one bit.

Since when it is deleted? the article is up to there

Insult deleted !

What needs to be debunked is this so-called "article". The Chinese have been doing sub-scale verification-of-concept tests of electromagnetic railguns, mainly in the CIWS area, not full scale experiments involving a supposed 25 kg projectile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, one click on the link work better, everyone can click the link to prove what a pathetic low iq indian liar you are:rofl:

Dont waste my time on this, you can now feel free to go away to make another easy-to-debunk lie my poor low iq indian boy.

Btw, I am sure Huang know better how his microwave weapon works than you do, thats why he claimed it is unique and thats why he get the most distinctive state prize for that invention, so save our time on this you should stick to make stupid low iq lies:rofl:

And, once more, what direct evidence or information do you have that refutes everything said up to this point? Please provide evidence that this HPM device is able to "hard-kill" (if you even know what that means) an incoming missile or object.

And, once more, what direct evidence or information do you have that refutes everything said up to this point? Please provide evidence that this HPM device is able to "hard-kill" (if you even know what that means) an incoming missile or object.

Are you kidding me? have you even read the article?:rofl:

As for Huang's research, he even has a paper on comparing the difference between his weapon and the american's HPM concept that dont work so far:

http://xueshu.baidu.com/s?wd=paperu...u_c1gjeupa&ie=utf-8&sc_us=8728710843825934330

This is the research paper describe his basica concept:

http://xueshu.baidu.com/s?wd=paperu...波段高功率微波对介质窗材料的破坏现象&tn=SE_baiduxueshu_c1gjeupa

Of course this weapon would be "different" from the US HPM (aka CHAMP); this device focuses the dispersion of X-band microwave bursts and is reusable while the CHAMP works over an area. Neither weapon is a "hard-kill" system that so many on this thread claim it is.

Of course this weapon would be "different" from the US HPM (aka CHAMP); this device focuses the dispersion of X-band microwave bursts and is reusable while the CHAMP works over an area. Neither weapon is a "hard-kill" system that so many on this thread claim it is.
Youb can not read chinese so you can not get evidence.

Youb can not read chinese so you can not get evidence.

I read Chinese and I have read all the article mentioned above, (bar from the 4 pages "Thesis" where they want me to register as a member to read all 4.)

The First article

http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/jssd/2017-01-23/doc-ifxzutkf2410986.shtml

Mostly talked about the US Railgun development, only ever mentioned 2 points at the end that was related to Chinese Railgun development.

1.) The force recharge capacitor (强迫储能装置 - Forgive my translation) give the Chinese ability to quickly recharge the EM charge needed in 45 second, while it did not mention how it allow supercharge or how big the projectile was.

2.) The High Temp Large Service Area double layer nano-membrane 大面积双面高温超导薄膜 would help with the speed of the projectile

The second article

http://xueshu.baidu.com/s?wd=paperu...波段高功率微波对介质窗材料的破坏现象&tn=SE_baiduxueshu_c1gjeupa

Talk about how X Band microwave can crack (not destroy) 4 common carbon based material (Telfon, Organic Glass, LDPE and HDPE) none of the article talk about Microwave effect on any kind of metal

3rd one

http://xueshu.baidu.com/s?wd=paperu...u_c1gjeupa&ie=utf-8&sc_us=8728710843825934330

Talk about the future development of HPM (in the first page)

Back
Top Bottom