What's new

China's Monster City : JUST MASSIVE!!! Chongqing

i m speechless
amazing beyond words
i would love to spend rest of my life there

It all looks fancy in pictures and videos....because that's what the narrator wants you to see....until you actually go live there and actually experience it. Below pics are from the same city.

d2bfdfee-1a1c-11e9-8ff8-c80f5203e5c9_image_hires_034551.JPG

14134598-chongqing-china-march-18-2012-residential-buildings-in-downtown-chongqing-.jpg

Disease, like Covid-19, also spreads rapidly in "monster cities". :rolleyes:

It all looks fancy in pictures and videos....because that's what the narrator wants you to see....until you actually go live there and actually experience it. Below pics are from the same city.

d2bfdfee-1a1c-11e9-8ff8-c80f5203e5c9_image_hires_034551.JPG

14134598-chongqing-china-march-18-2012-residential-buildings-in-downtown-chongqing-.jpg

i would come back if its that bad.
but still like every city there r good and bad parts.
m sure u know it
even nyc had shittty areas bronx and all
in SFO california i use to live on collin street the next street was market street and people couldn’t believe it was almost like a den for homeless now that’s heart of bay area and all silicon valley and we r talking where google headquarters are.there u cant walk alone at night

i would come back if its that bad.
but still like every city there r good and bad parts.
m sure u know it
even nyc had shittty areas bronx and all
in SFO california i use to live on collin street the next street was market street and people couldn’t believe it was almost like a den for homeless now that’s heart of bay area and all silicon valley and we r talking where google headquarters are.there u cant walk alone at night

Right, that's why sub urban areas are the best. :enjoy:

Every city has good and bad parts, when I lived in New York, some part of Brooklyn was like an African Getto, but it doesn't stop it being one of the most famous cities in the world.
Besides, this is a photo thread, let's stick to it, if you like to talk about the downside of big cities or Covid-19, please start a new thread dedicated to them.

Last edited:
i m speechless
amazing beyond words
i would love to spend rest of my life there
Actually Chongqing doesn't have many foreigners going there, cause it's located deep in inland China, not in the developed eastern part of China like cities of Shanghai, Beijing, Hong kong, Shenzhen and Guangzhou in. Chongqing looks modern but is not very cosmopolitan, hopefully in the future with the policy of the development of China's western regions, Chongqing can attract more foreign expats and companies. Now Chongqing is still largely an unknown city to the outside world.

Actually Chongqing doesn't have many foreigners going there, cause it's located deep in inland China, not in the developed eastern part of China like cities of Shanghai, Beijing, Hong kong, Shenzhen and Guangzhou in. Chongqing looks modern but is not very cosmopolitan, hopefully in the future with the policy of the development of China's western regions, Chongqing can attract more foreign expats and companies. Now Chongqing is still largely an unknown city to the outside world.
i m a big fan of chinese system of growth

Remarkable and in awe at what China has achieved. Goes to show what humanity can achieve when a nation stands united, educates themselves and strives to achieve greatness!!

On a side note, amongst all the pictures you've posted @beijingwalker , I loved the photo of the temple. It looks magnificent!!

Many Chongqing people come to first tier cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen to live and work, but actually living in a second tier city like Chongqing is not really that bad, less pressure and competition, more lay back.

Back
Top Bottom