What's new

China's dream of a new Silk Road runs into hurdles at its first stop: Pakistan

1. i said as per my knowledge it can be right and it can be wrong and only time will proove me right or wrong i have no reservations against anybody(I here means me and im saying as an indian) to me what matters most is to make money from where i can make it leagally creating problems for others is the last thing that will come to my mind until that person harms my legitimate intersts

Thanks for being honest. You have a good heart. Unfortunately, when two countries have bad blood and rivalry between them, the good heart only prevails outside of Strategic Interests. However, personally, and as a third party watching India - Pakistan, I'd imagine sense will kick in and they will form more of an EU model and bring their countries together through trade and remove the risk of ever getting into a Nuclear exchange that would further destroy an-already poor part of the world.

. search youtube there was this guy from karachi who now lives in canada was explaining how the afghan soviet war was about ports and why and how saudia funded that jihad so the trade routes & Oil pipelines from central asia dont come to south asia wia afghanistan

The Afghan war was about the USSR getting to the Warm waters (aka the Oil routes, etc, that would mean Karachi, then Iran and then wherever they can get to). Saudi's, Egyptians, Israelis, Pakistanis and the Americans worked together to remove that threat once and for all. But, that has no impact of 45 years ago, today's Pakistan, India, Gawader and Chahabar. In fact, they are totally irrelevant. The issue today is economic dominance. The issue back with USSR was military dominance and capturing and blocking the Oil waterways. Two opposite times and issues altogether.

3. now had that happenned i mean trade and oil corridoars got oprational passing thru afghanistan and then to pakistan and from pakistan to india and china and indian goods going to central asia and iran wia afghansitan and pakistan how much money you could have genrated by just taking the transit fees since early 1960s when this idea was floated

Hey, I am ALL for what you are saying. Read my first paragraph. To me, it doesn't make sense to see the ongoing rivalry between India and Pakistan. I think they needed to implement an EU type of a model and expand trade and link to each other. But that won't be at the cost of anyone losing any strategic interest of theirs. Like the EU, India and Pakistan can work together to build trade yet be separate countries like Germany and Britain or the French are.

4.and when there are transit routes and trade corridoars many local people get many diffrent kinds of skills and jobs thus genrating huge money from taxes and other devlopment works now all that will go to iran and afghanistan
whose loss and whose profit you decide yourself.

You are saying what I am saying. The world's most money making big powers have learned that they can't be enemies forever and that people are better off doing trade and growing economies than wars. Same should be applicable to India and Pakistan. Problem is, India wants to be a regional power and have the mighty stick. Pakistan OTO, wants absolutely no Indian dominance on her (case since they were both created). So offers on the media and talks are great, but all offers (like NS and Mr. Singh made towards each other as gestures) then have to be followed by solid strategic talks. These won't ever become fruitful when politicians offer trade agreements while the intelligence agencies on both sides are busy killing each other's civilians. That's where the ball stop. A longer lasting peace deal if the first thing with no interference at the local level into each other's territory and no wars. Then the next step is to form a trade consortium or a conglomerate of mutually aligned business companies to jointly market (even produce) consumer products and services and slowly a peaceful India and Pakistan start to take form.

Thanks for being honest. You have a good heart. Unfortunately, when two countries have bad blood and rivalry between them, the good heart only prevails outside of Strategic Interests. However, personally, and as a third party watching India - Pakistan, I'd imagine sense will kick in and they will form more of an EU model and bring their countries together through trade and remove the risk of ever getting into a Nuclear exchange that would further destroy an-already poor part of the world.

The Afghan war was about the USSR getting to the Warm waters (aka the Oil routes, etc, that would mean Karachi, then Iran and then wherever they can get to). Saudi's, Egyptians, Israelis, Pakistanis and the Americans worked together to remove that threat once and for all. But, that has no impact of 45 years ago, today's Pakistan, India, Gawader and Chahabar. In fact, they are totally irrelevant. The issue today is economic dominance. The issue back with USSR was military dominance and capturing and blocking the Oil waterways. Two opposite times and issues altogether.

Hey, I am ALL for what you are saying. Read my first paragraph. To me, it doesn't make sense to see the ongoing rivalry between India and Pakistan. I think they needed to implement an EU type of a model and expand trade and link to each other. But that won't be at the cost of anyone losing any strategic interest of theirs. Like the EU, India and Pakistan can work together to build trade yet be separate countries like Germany and Britain or the French are.

You are saying what I am saying. The world's most money making big powers have learned that they can't be enemies forever and that people are better off doing trade and growing economies than wars. Same should be applicable to India and Pakistan. Problem is, India wants to be a regional power and have the mighty stick. Pakistan OTO, wants absolutely no Indian dominance on her (case since they were both created). So offers on the media and talks are great, but all offers (like NS and Mr. Singh made towards each other as gestures) then have to be followed by solid strategic talks. These won't ever become fruitful when politicians offer trade agreements while the intelligence agencies on both sides are busy killing each other's civilians. That's where the ball stop. A longer lasting peace deal if the first thing with no interference at the local level into each other's territory and no wars. Then the next step is to form a trade consortium or a conglomerate of mutually aligned business companies to jointly market (even produce) consumer products and services and slowly a peaceful India and Pakistan start to take form.
see sir USSR -USA -Afghan war eneded way back in 1989-90 i guess and today its 2016 that is almost 25 years now why that happened well as per a lecture i watched on youtube all this war was financed by those who had large stakes in Oil -petroleum economy genrating from GCC states and then passing thru suez canal to west and USA and central asian trade and loi corridoars wia afghansiatn to pakistan to india or from central asian republiks & iran and then chinawould have devasted the legecy oil trade done thru GCC states

now we all know what and how things happnened and who were the real players and who were the pawan

point is now since central asian oil and trade routes are openening from three directions why not all parties make a consensus and distribuete rewards genrated from it isntead fighting over petty things ?

now there are at least six or even more threads running trying to convince "india is against CEPC" or how india is threatning CEPC wia chabahar corridoar ect ect ....... this is so childish

bottomm line is to make money/wealth without least or no risk or non important legalities required all free trade revolves around that theory and its as old as human history

bottomm line is to make money/wealth without least or no risk or non important legalities required all free trade revolves around that theory and its as old as human history

You and I are bringing the same tune.....this is a good question but like I said, no progress can be made unless total peace is established. The US has offered mediation formally for the first time to help resolve issues between India and Pakistan. This was in a statement by our Sec. of State, Mr. Kerry. A proper road-map has to be established with "peace for all" and implemented to build confidence. Then and only then, trading can take place.

ISLAMABAD: Financial constraints may hamper progress on critical projects of the much-trumpeted China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), as the Planning Commission has so far indicated an allocation of only Rs124 billion in the next financial year, an amount just slightly over one-third of total demand.

The Planning Commission’s hands seem to be tied, hindering allocation of sufficient funds for CPEC projects, with Finance Ministry’s refusal to increase the proposed size of the development budget being the major hindrance, said officials close to the matter.
For Gwadar International Airport, Rs4 billion have been proposed against the remaining requirements of Rs20 billion.

The government has proposed Rs4.7 billion for construction of Eastbay Expressway project of Gwadar against the remaining requirements of Rs14 billion. For other port related projects of Gwadar the proposed allocation is only Rs1.6 billion against the requirement of Rs17.6 billion.

For conducting feasibility studies to link China and Pakistan through rail network, the government has proposed Rs1.9 billion allocation.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 27th, 2016.

You and I are bringing the same tune.....this is a good question but like I said, no progress can be made unless total peace is established. The US has offered mediation formally for the first time to help resolve issues between India and Pakistan. This was in a statement by our Sec. of State, Mr. Kerry. A proper road-map has to be established with "peace for all" and implemented to build confidence. Then and only then, trading can take place.
in any buisness or war there are never so called "perfect situsation" or for that matter complications risk is always there and its upto the trading partners or warring nations /individuals to make the most of the give circumstances - complications - opportunities and propostions or treaties ..... it is never and never will be a perfect working enviorment and all these mangemnt and diplomatic skills are constantlly working and ironing owt bumps or problems in any given situation we have to make it work .............. rest you can speculate yourself

No we have no other issue but the only Indian is that parts of CEPC is built on G&B and so called AJK are indian territory forcibally captured by Pakistan in 1948

as for other things well Chabahr is not just a new route to Afganistan but central asia also

CHB-ASG.JPG
If that is the reason then we are paying only as much attention as it is worth of... :P
its not a reason to begin with,, not even a lame one :)

Thing is even today its the iraninas who are supplying electricity to Gawadar and the Fact China already is working over time to link China with central asia to iran to europe

http://www.silkroutes.net/orient/mapssilkroutestrade.htm

DieSeidenstrasseSilkRoad.jpg

MapSilkRoadRoutesTurkeyChina.JPG
thediplomat_2014-05-08_17-47-26-386x230.png

China is just going to use pakistan as a transit country if this CPEC ever comes into existence. The economic benefits that pak is seeking now were right there from the day one, by allowing access to Indian trade to west.

China is just going to use pakistan as a transit country if this CPEC ever comes into existence. The economic benefits that pak is seeking now were right there from the day one, by allowing access to Indian trade to west.
Both iran and China Know that Chabahar is not an issue or a threat to each other but chabahar certainly is threat to those port cities inside persian gulf and those people who have large ammounts of Lands on the either sides of proposed CEPC and many Special Economik/Manufacturing/trading Zones along its path in pakistan and we all know who they are and what connection they have with port cities inside persian gulf im not taking any names those who know have already understood :D

as for Pakistan giving Land passage to india to trade with have same ammount of chances like an elected government in india abolishing all kinds of caste based reservations in govt jobs and who ever does these things on either side they will be politically finished

An Overview
  • 08Investment Regions
  • 12Early-Bird Projects
  • 02MRTS Projects
  • 01Solar Plant
  • 02Airports
Delhi - Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) is India's most ambitious infrastructure programme aiming to develop new industrial cities as "Smart Cities" and converging next generation technologies across infrastructure sectors.
The objective is to expand India's Manufacturing & Services base and develop DMIC as a "Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub". The programme will provide a major impetus to planned urbanization in India with manufacturing as the key driver. In addition to new Industrial Cities, the programme envisages development of infrastructure linkages like power plants, assured water supply, high capacity transportation and logistics facilities as well as softer interventions like skill development programme for employment of the local populace. In the first phase eight new industrial cities are being developed. The programme has been conceptualized in partnership and collaboration with Government of Japan.

about_an-dmic-logo.png

about_an-dmic-map.png

Eight manufacturing cities will be developed in PHASE I
  • DADRI - NOIDA - GHAZIABAD IR UTTAR PRADESH
    about-dmic-dadri-noida-map.png
  • MANESAR - BAWAL IR
    HARYANA
    about-dmic-manesar-haryana-map.png
  • JODHPUR-PALI MARWAR IA

KHUSHKHERA - BHIWADI - NEEMRANA IR
    RAJASTHAN
    about-dmic-khushkhera-map.png
  • AHMEDABAD - DHOLERA IR GUJARAT
    about-dmic-ahmedabad-map.png
  • PITHAMPUR - DHAR - MHOW IR MADHYA PRADESH
    about-dmic-pithampur-map.png
  • SHENDRA-BIDKIN IA

DIGHI PORT IA,
    MAHARASHTRA
    about-dmic-nashik-map.png
Corporate Overview
Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) Project is a flagship programme of Government of India with the aim of creating futuristic Industrial Cities by leveraging the "High Speed - High Capacity" connectivity backbone provided by Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC).
Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation Ltd. (DMICDC), a special purpose company, was incorporated to establish, promote and facilitate development of DMIC project. It undertakes project development services for investment regions / industrial areas / economic regions / industrial nodes and townships, for various central government agencies and also assists state governments.

DMICDC undertakes various Project Development activities like Preparation of Master Plans, Feasibility Reports, Detailed Project Reports etc. and acts as an intermediary for the purpose of development and establishment of infrastructure projects through developing and disseminating appropriate financial instruments, negotiating loans and advances of all nature, and formulating schemes for mobilization of resources and extension of credit for infrastructure.

http://www.dmicdc.com/about-dmicdc.aspx?mpgid=2&pgidtrail=3

The Western Dedicated Freight Corridor

Introduction

The Western Dedicated Freight Corridor covers a distance of 1504 km of double line electric (2 X 25 KV) track from JNPT to Dadri via Vadodara-Ahmedabad-Palanpur-Phulera-Rewari. Alignment has been generally kept parallel to existing lines except provision of detour at Diva, Surat, Ankleshwar, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad, Palanpur, Phulera and Rewari. The Western Corridor passes through 5 states as follows:-

WesternDFC_Table.PNG

However, it is entirely on a new alignment from Rewari to Dadri. The Western DFC is proposed to join Eastern Corridor at Dadri. Junction Stations between the existing railway system and the Western DFC have been provided at Vasai Road, Kosad/Gothangam, Makarpura (Vadodara), Amli Road (Sabarmati), Palanpur, Marwar Jn., Phulera, Rewari and Pirthala Road.

Traffic Projections

The traffic on the Western Corridor mainly comprises of ISO containers from JNPT and Mumbai Port in Maharashtra and ports of Pipavav, Mundra and Kandla in Gujarat destined for ICDs located in northern India, especially at Tughlakabad, Dadri and Dandharikalan. Besides Containers, other commodities moving on the Western DFC are POL, Fertilizers, Food grains, Salt, Coal, Iron & Steel and Cement. Further, owing to its faster growth as compared to other commodities, the share of container traffic is expected to progressively increase and reach a level of about 80% by 2021-22. The rail share of container traffic on this corridor is slated to increase from 0.69 million TEUs in 2005-06 to 6.2 million TEUs in 2021-22. The other commodities are projected to increase from 23 million tonnes in 2005-06 to 40 million tonnes in 2021-22. As a result, the maximum number of trains in the section is projected as 109 trains each way in Ajmer-Palanpur section.

It is proposed to set up Logistics Parks at Mumbai area, particularly in the vicinity of Kalyan-Ulhasnagar or Vashi-Belapur in Navi Mumbai, Vapi in southern Gujarat, Ahmedabad area in Gujarat, Gandhidham in the Kutch region of Gujarat, Jaipur area in Rajasthan, NCR of Delhi. These locations have been selected on the basis that these have a good concentration of diverse industries and constitute major production/consumption centres. These are also well connected by rail and road systems for convenient movement in different directions. These parks are proposed to be developed on Public Private Partnership mode by creating a sub-SPV for the same. DFCCIL proposes to provide rail connectivity to such parks and private players would be asked to develop and provide state of the art infrastructure as a common user facility.

As per RITES project report, the traffic that would move on the Western DFC, excluding the base year traffic (2005-06), is projected as below

TRAFFIC PROJECTIONS ON WESTERN DFC
(in million tons/year)

TrafficProjectionsWesternDFC_Table.PNG

-- TOP --

Land Acquisition at a Glance

Alignment Layout

Western Corridor Images:

NTC%20MACHINE%20PULLING%20AND%20LAYING%20260%20M%20LONG%20RAIL-LATEST.jpg

WDFC%20New.jpg

NTC MACHINE PULLING AND LAYING 260 M LONG RAIL
Bridge Work in Progress - WDFC
Surat%20new.jpg

Surat n
image_1_Super_structure_load.jpg
ew
Super structure load test in progress at A1-A2 D/T of Bridge No. 125, at Km 88/2-4 in Kelve Road- Palghar block section between Bombay Central-Surat station in Thane District of Maharastra, photo taken on 21.01.2014 for Western corridor
Image_2_C_G_Work_By_S_L_And_T.jpg

Km 488/1-489/1 C&G Work By S-L&T, photo taken on Feb, 2014 for western corridor
image_5_Progress_view_of_Bridge_No_230.jpg

Progress view of Bridge No. 230, at Km 149/28-30 in Sanjan Bhilad Block section between Bombay Central-Surat station in Valsad district of Gujrat, photo taken on 28.01.2014 for Western Corridor
Image_7_%20Batching_Plant_Erection_Kiwarlir.jpg

Batching Plant Erection-Kiwarli, photo taken on 21.02.2014 for Western corridor
image_7_Super_structure_load_Bridge_No_125.jpg

Super structure load test in progress at A1-A2 D/T of bridge no. 125, at Km 88/2-4 in Kelve Road palghar block section between Bombay Central-Surat station in Thane District of Maharastra, photo taken on 21.01.2014 for Western corridor

Canteen-Kiwarli, photo taken on Feb, 2014 for Western corridor
Image2_C_G_Kothar_02042014.jpg

C&G-Kothar, photo taken on Feb, 2014 for western corridor
Image_3_C_G_Rani.jpg

C&G-Rani, photo taken on 02.02.2014 for western corridor
Image1_Km4881_4891C_GWorkBy_S%20_L_T_02042014.jpg

Km 488/1-489/1 C&G Work By S-L&T, photo taken on Feb, 2014 for western corridor
Image_5_C_G_Kiwarli.jpg

C&G-Kiwarli, photo taken on 02.02.2014 for western corridor
image_3_Back_filling_in_progress_Bridge_No_318.jpg

Pier Cap Back filling in progress at A-1 fo bridge No. 318, at Km 191/30-32 in Atul-Valsad block section between Bombay Central-Surat station in Valsad District of Gujrat, photo taken on 28.01.2014 for Western Corridor
Image_10_%20Batching_Agg_Conv_Foundation_Kothar.jpg

Batching Plant Aggregate Feeding Conveyor Foundation-Kothar, Photo taken on 25.02.2014 for Western Corridor
Image_9_%20Batching_Silo_Foundation_Kothar.jpg

Batching Plant Silo Foundation-Kothar, Photo taken on 25.02.2014 for Western Corridor
image_6_Concreting_Abutment_Pile_Cap.jpg

Concreting Abutment Pile Cap A 2 of Bridge No. 144 at Km. 99/24-26 in Umroli Boisar block section between Bombay central-Surat station in Thane district of Maharastra, photo taken on 21.01.2014 for Western Corridor

Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor

Eastern Corridor Images:

EDFC_Sone_Monitoring.jpg

EDFC Monitoring of progress using Drone
Track%20Linking%20between%20New%20Durgawati-Karwandiya.jpg

Track Linking between New Durgawati-Karwandiya
Sone%20Bridge%201.jpg

Sone Bridge
Grider%20Launching.jpg

Grider Launching

01._Girder_Launching_of_Bridge_No._401.jpg

Girder Launching of Bridge No. 401, photo taken on Dec, 2014 for Eastern Corridor
02._Girder_Launching_of_Bridge_No._401.jpg

Girder Launching of Bridge No. 401, photo taken on Dec, 2014 for Eastern Corridor

Back
Top Bottom