What's new

China's 1st Mars exploration rover to launch next year

Brotherhood

Reaction score
China's 1st Mars exploration rover to launch next year - People's Daily Online October 22, 2010

China will send Yinghuo-1, its first Mars exploration rover, together with Forbes, Russia's probe, in November 2011, according to news revealed during the third China Space Technology Forum on Thursday.

Xu Boing, chief engineer with the Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology, announced this at the forum, which was held in Beijing. The Sino-Russia joint Mars program will use Russia's carrier rocket, he said.

The joint project has been delayed but it is not related to China. The main reason for the delay is the need for improvements to Russia's soil collector. In addition, the Yinghuo-1's process of orbital determination will fully be completed independently by China, Xu said.

After the Yinghuo-1 is sent into elliptical orbit around Mars by Forbes, it will orbit independently to finish exploration missions of the space environment and take images. Then it will conduct a joint Mars exploration mission with Forbes, Xu said.

The Sino-Russian joint Mars project will mark three "firsts" for China's space program, Xu said. This will be the first Sino-Russian joint space mission, the first Mars probe developed by China and the first time a Mars rover has been developed in 23 short months

The joint project has four engineering goals and four science goals, Xu said.

By Liang Jun, People's Daily Online

let's always keep it in mind: Russia and Russians should never be trusted, they are one of biggest enemies (another one is India) of China.

let's always keep it in mind: Russia and Russians should never be trusted, they are one of biggest enemies (another one is India) of China.

In another thread you mentioned Chinese having sympathy for India ,so according to you,Chinese have sympathy for their enemies now?

ontopic

Good going China!:tup:

Though i don't understand what benefit,Mars exploration has.If it moon atleast we get Helium-3 isotope.

People say that all the time but if I was the soviet union after WW2 i wouldn't have given china any MiG technology (which was the best in the world during the 50's) nor would i have allowed Chinese scientists to visit soviet train, tank, ship, airplane and missile factories. i'd also have kicked Mao out and put an easily controlled puppet in power, got a permanent base in Shanghai, forced them to pay tribute and occupied the country while it was down and weak.

It's not like the above thing didn't happen to Poland, Czechslovakia, East Germany, Bulgaria, etc... we have real examples of what Russia being bad is like, and they can be very, very bad. the Soviet Union did alot of good for us, what with giving us their best industrial technology and even getting ready to transfer nuclear technology to us before they got too demanding and we wisely broke off ties. Chinese industrialization would not have been possible without the USSR. this is a historical fact. the US would have never done the same for anyone; would they give Japan nuclear tech and its best fighter designs? No way, and they didn't.

So we should accept this reality. We also accept the reality of Russian troops committing atrocities and stealing 1/10th of our land. So it evens out and neither of us owe anything, we can just regard the technology transfers as payment for our land and reparations for atrocities.

Also, history is history; we should focus on the present and who is useful in the present. The primary (but not only) measure of how useful a relationship is, is the amount of personal gain that can be extracted from it. There is significant gain from a good relationship with Russia and significant disadvantage such as the risk of everyone dying in a nuclear war for having a bad relationship.

Joint venture is a good idea to broaden China's technological horizon. With Russia's help we could essentially test out the capabilities of our Martian probe before a sufficiently powerful booster could be developed. By the time China could launch a probe to Mars independently we'd have valuable data from the red planet that we could use.

In another thread you mentioned Chinese having sympathy for India ,so according to you,Chinese have sympathy for their enemies now?

ontopic

Good going China!:tup:

Though i don't understand what benefit,Mars exploration has.If it moon atleast we get Helium-3 isotope.

Mars is the most earth-like planet in our Solar System. It is highly important to keep studying as it is suspected to once been habitable like earth.

Sometimes scientific exploration are done not for immediate economic returns, someone has to do the first steps, and others have to follow up.

Our generation and even the nexr generation may not benefit but subsequent generations will definitely enjoy the fruits of their forefathers. Hundreds years ago, how many people really see the benefits when scientist were trying to figure out how to make combustion engines, how to design a workable computers, how to produce electricity etc.

If we do not go to Mars, our future generations may face disadvantages (which we may still not figure out) compare to those who have perfected the Mars travel technology.

Going one step ahead will also means China will not be at the mercy of those nations that have advance technology of any kind. China can even make lots of profits from their technology.

People say that all the time but if I was the soviet union after WW2 i wouldn't have given china any MiG technology (which was the best in the world during the 50's) nor would i have allowed Chinese scientists to visit soviet train, tank, ship, airplane and missile factories. i'd also have kicked Mao out and put an easily controlled puppet in power, got a permanent base in Shanghai, forced them to pay tribute and occupied the country while it was down and weak.

It's not like the above thing didn't happen to Poland, Czechslovakia, East Germany, Bulgaria, etc... we have real examples of what Russia being bad is like, and they can be very, very bad. the Soviet Union did alot of good for us, what with giving us their best industrial technology and even getting ready to transfer nuclear technology to us before they got too demanding and we wisely broke off ties. Chinese industrialization would not have been possible without the USSR. this is a historical fact. the US would have never done the same for anyone; would they give Japan nuclear tech and its best fighter designs? No way, and they didn't.

So we should accept this reality. We also accept the reality of Russian troops committing atrocities and stealing 1/10th of our land. So it evens out and neither of us owe anything, we can just regard the technology transfers as payment for our land and reparations for atrocities.

Also, history is history; we should focus on the present and who is useful in the present. The primary (but not only) measure of how useful a relationship is, is the amount of personal gain that can be extracted from it. There is significant gain from a good relationship with Russia and significant disadvantage such as the risk of everyone dying in a nuclear war for having a bad relationship.

While I agree that Russia isn't the enemy, your comments are just ludicrous. The USSR had already occupied Poland, et al. as part of WWII, they would've needed to fight the entire Chinese army, which would most certainly receive substantial help from the U.S. when the Russians themselves are quite depleted by the war. That was an impossible task for them.

While I agree that Russia isn't the enemy, your comments are just ludicrous. The USSR had already occupied Poland, et al. as part of WWII, they would've needed to fight the entire Chinese army, which would most certainly receive substantial help from the U.S. when the Russians themselves are quite depleted by the war. That was an impossible task for them.

The US would be utterly stupid to help China fight the USSR; firstly, the US was initially afraid to supply the Afghan fighters due to Soviet retaliation, now what would happen if the US got involved in a war for Russia's survival? Certainly Russia would have no afterthought about retaliation. Moving on, why would the US choose to side with communists? The goal of the US was to destroy communism, it would be a dream come true for the US if two major communist countries went to war.

As for the Soviet Union being depleated, that is 'ludicrous' they had the largest military in terms of man power an equipment, and by largest military i mean the largest military to ever walk to face of the planet.

They don't need to fight the chinese army. They could've easily controlled the communist party like a puppet if they removed strong people like Zhou, Mao and Deng. And they tried to do so, but when it was too late to get rid of Mao. The result was the Sino-Soviet Split.

They also didn't need to transfer their technology to us. They used other countries mostly as sources of raw materials. That's an undeniable fact that our industries were rebuilt with Russian expertise and that our recovery would have been delayed by at least 20 years without Russian assistance (so imagine today being 1990).

I think there is a common misconception that the Sino-Russian rapproachment didn't happen until the collapse of the Soviet Union. What really happened was that the Soviets, following the Tianamen Square Incident, wished to take advantage of the opportunity and reestablish military ties with China. The RD-93 engines and the Su-27 deals started around this time. The improvement of ties between China and Russia did not occur over night.

Joint venture is a good idea to broaden China's technological horizon. With Russia's help we could essentially test out the capabilities of our Martian probe before a sufficiently powerful booster could be developed. By the time China could launch a probe to Mars independently we'd have valuable data from the red planet that we could use.

One thing I never understood.

The Chinese Scientists said that China will Develop the Technology to independently Launch Probes to Other Planets only by 2030.:what:

Whereas even India has said that GSLV can put 500 kg to Mars and GSLV MK-III would be able to put 2 tons on Mars.

China has some Good Rockets which can carry atleast 3 Tons to Mars. Then Why 2030?

Or they do not have Technology to Propel the Probe to Mars and put it in orbit?

Maybe China doesn't have Ion thrusters.

Back
Top Bottom