What's new

China World Trade Center Tower : Beijing tallest skyscraper

Hey friend!
But rest of the China except 2-3 of its cities will continue to be poor for at least 10-20 years ahead,same with India.
No offense.
:smokin::cool::devil::what::victory::smitten::azn::rofl:

thats expected, the US didn't become a superpower over night.
Ill giv it 20 years before both China and India are ahead of the US.

thats expected, the US didn't become a superpower over night.
Ill giv it 20 years before both China and India are ahead of the US.

20 Years is an optimistic estimation for China and unreasonable one for India.

I really like the concept. The whole outside is clear glass and all the offices are in a center column, leaving the outside with a open and spacious feeling

shangh-comp.jpg

It was unfortunate World Financial Center (the one on the left) was built during the height of anti-Japanese sentiment in China. The original design has a beautiful spherical hole on the top instead of a box. The designer had to change the plan after residents protested the original one looks like a Japanese flag. Which is a great shame as the new design made the entire building looks like a giant nail clipper.

I think now the anti-Japanese sentiment had faded away, some people in Shanghai may wonder they chose to make a huge fuss over nothing and had to live with a uglier building for a hundred years!

^^^^^
Yep a circle would have been a lot more aesthetically pleasing. It reminds me of a giant bottle opener.

Hey friend!
But rest of the China except 2-3 of its cities will continue to be poor for at least 10-20 years ahead,same with India.
No offense.
:smokin::cool::devil::what::victory::smitten::azn::rofl:

Remembers me of the quote"sympathy you can get anytime,but jealousy you must earn".Congrats to chinese for earning that.

I've visited Shenzhen several times in the past decade and the changes are amazing to witness. Love that city :). Good to see it making it's way into the top ten list!

Hey friend!
No offense.

Really?

My city, Wuhan. This is central China, the "poor interior" that is often used as "evidence" of how China is not providing for its citizens. Disproves your 2-3 city hypothesis very nicely :china:

20090329_c2fdb85da88828e9ff85n4WnwiNoYInT.jpg

2008021719243029246-02.jpg

1197595120373.jpg

20090730_67877_6.jpg

0090340032.jpg

Got a short stay at HK (4 days) in july. The city is quite compact for 6 million people. And the subways are quite convenient.

Hong Kong is too crowded.It's little-unknown that Tianjin is the No.1 city suitable for human habitation in China according to the british journal The Economist.

Hong Kong is too crowded.It's little-unknown that Tianjin is the No.1 city suitable for human habitation in China according to the british journal The Economist.

Time for some Chinese regional rivalry :woot:.

I can't say much about Tianjin since I've never been there (I really want to go since I am a mahua fan!). However I do think that Nanjing, my home city, is better suited for living than Shanghai. Sun Yatsen's tomb was literally within walking distance from where I used to live and the scenery there was GREAT! Shanghai, on the otherhand, was too crowded and noisy despite being modern and all.

Back
Top Bottom