What's new

China warnings to the US: Pakistan & public debt

^^^^

A gradual, controlled strengthening of the Yuan is in China's best interest. It's actually the responsible thing to do as a global stakeholders. If China de-pegged tomorrow there would be food riots in Mexico, Egypt, India, etc. The real irresponsible party is the US because they wanted to save finance guys like me. Commodities prices are coming down, inflation will start to fall in China.

Any wealth effects from a strong yuan will be short lived and most likely squandered. The real wealth is there in China and as long as there is political stability that wealth will always be there and people's lives will improve everyday.

For a perfect example of why a sudden appreciation of the currency is bad, you only need to look at Japan. The Japanese went crazy in the US in the 80's. Pebble Beach, Rockefeller Center, Universal Studios, record prices on Van Goghs and Renoir. Well, the Japanese own none of those trophies now and had a two decade hangover that's still ongoing.

LoL while you go about brandishing yourself as the "finance guy" it is evident that you know nothing and have been bluffing your way thru this thread and that is clear from your posts on till now. Honestly you would be torn apart (figure of speech) in even a junior economics class with this bluffing. My advise is that best not bluff around else you will be so utterly exposed that you will lose all credibility and will have to re-register on this forum with a new login. That may upset the team. Take my advice my friend. Leave when you still have some of the credibility. LoL kehnda "finance guy like me".

Sudden appreciation of currency with van gohs. :rofl:

Any wealth effects from a strong yuan will be short lived and most likely squandered.

:rofl: :rofl:

Actually it is the USD driving inflation in China. If it all went away, that would mean the US is gone, and no one has USD reserves. All currencies of major economies would be equal, and China would be uniquely positioned as the largest economy in the world to push the RMB as at least part of a new reserve currency.

The difference between India and China is not the account balance. It is the level of the economy.

BTW Guest01: 20% of exports, which make up 27% of the economy, are to the US. If the US collapsed, our GDP will only drop slightly. Even if all Western nations collapsed, our GDP will only drop 13% which we can make up in 2 years. Our economy is not export driven since 2005, but investment driven - making buildings, bridges, railroads and other physical goods that stay in China. The export market is becoming less and less important, as consumerism increases and investment stays constant.

In fact, the primary constraint on China's economic growth today, is the shackles of the USD. It is limiting our import of natural resources and driving inflation.

On the contrary my friend your biggest help to this day has been the USD and the fact that the world was playing by the rules and China was not. And that too for too long. I will respond to you tomorrow. Right now I am :rofl: at the "finance guy".

Everything that does not suit the Chinese way of thinking is a lie or trolling!

O yaar, yeh meri saari english kharch kara denge. O ji I will respond to you tomorrow. Tab tak hansta reh munh hara kaarke.

The export numbers are there for anyone to see.

Give me a reliable source to back up your outrageous claim, and we can continue.

The funny part is some Chinese believe that economies are just sum of the parts. E.g. If Chinese exports to US stops then they subtract the export share to US from their GDP and say that the remaining part of their GDP is safe, ignoring the interconnected nature of a country’s economy. If US collapse sure will China.

LoL while you go about brandishing yourself as the "finance guy" it is evident that you know nothing and have been bluffing your way thru this thread and that is clear from your posts on till now. Honestly you would be torn apart (figure of speech) in even a junior economics class with this bluffing. My advise is that best not bluff around else you will be so utterly exposed that you will lose all credibility and will have to re-register on this forum with a new login. That may upset the team. Take my advice my friend. Leave when you still have some of the credibility. LoL kehnda "finance guy like me".

Sudden appreciation of currency with van gohs. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Did you say anything in your post above other than direct, personal attacks?? Pathetic. This is actual very typical strategy of Indians I meet here. Always turn to personal attacks when you lose.

The most expensive painting of its day.
1987 van Gogh's vase of 15 sunflowers - US$40 million purchased by Yasuo Goto
1989 Picasso Les Noces de Pierrette - $50 million purchased by Tomonori Tsurumaki
1988 Picasso Acrobate et jeune Arlequin - $39 million purchased by Mitsukoshi
1990 van Gogh Portrait of Dr. Gachet - $82.5 million purchased by Ryoie Saito
1990 Renoir Bal du moulin de la Galette - $78.1 million Ryoie Saito

Notice how they don't do this anymore.

Anything else besides the typical personal attacks when confounded????

Yeah, I think the forum consensus is that your post quality has dived and you've turned to trolling.

Sorry Tiki I have to agree with this guy. I have seen some good posts from you in the past but recently.....

On the contrary my friend your biggest help to this day has been the USD and the fact that the world was playing by the rules and China was not. And that too for too long. I will respond to you tomorrow. Right now I am :rofl: at the "finance guy".

Sorry I don't think you know what you are talking about. There are no "rules" in international business outside of what is explicitly written in law. That's it. International business isn't like India where you have thousands of unwritten laws such as "quality of medical care is directly proportional to the size of the envelope you slip to the doctor".

Sorry I don't think you know what you are talking about. There are no "rules" in international business outside of what is explicitly written in law. That's it. International business isn't like India where you have thousands of unwritten laws such as "quality of medical care is directly proportional to the size of the envelope you slip to the doctor".

O:sniper:n the money there

Does China really offer Pakistan "50 JF-17 at no cost", not through low-interest loan???

China warnings to the US: Pakistan & public debt
Posted on | augustus 8, 2011 | 1 Comment

In the early 21st century, there are clear indications that China as the ascending global power endeavors to engender international stability in every area from strategic to financial, while the US is behaving as a source of global instability, merely because it is a power in decline; although by no means the kind of decline that the UK experienced as a result of the two world wars in the 20th century.

Out of national interest, China will be the power that seeks to maintain balance where the US and its various allies seek to destabilize and play the catalytic role in crucial areas of conflict and/or instability, yet, without seeking to meddle directly in unofficial traditional spheres of influence that the US, Russia, and and Europe claim. Nor is China bout to give any ground on historical spheres of influence, like North Korea. Nevertheless, China is emerging as the ‘world’s balancing power’, again out of necessity to prevent instability and thus erosion of its ascending power at any level. So far, we have two clear cut areas where China has played such a role.

In the past four months, China has warned the US about very serious issues. On 9 May 2011, the warning was to US alleged plans to hit targets in Pakistan, a move that Beijing interpreted as an act of aggression, according to Pakistani, Chinese and Indian news sources. China had not issued any such warnings to the US since the late 1950s. This issue did not receive much coverage in Western media, given the Western obsession with details about the Bin Laden story. In the aftermath of the attack on the Bin Laden compound, the US was contemplating various scenarios of punishing Pakistan, until China stepped in and insisted that any attack on Pakistan would be construed as an attack on China.

At the same time, China warned India that was collaborating with the US and Israel to hit Pakistani military installations. China made it clear to the US that the it wanted de-escalation, while some Pakistani officials argued that China’s offer of 50 JF-17 fighter jets to Pakistan at no cost signaled the solid alliance between China and Pakistan. There are many issues dividing US and its satellite Pakistan that has been victimized by the ‘war on terror for a decade’. One important issue is the strategic balance of power that the US has been trying to upset; another is that the US is the most destabilizing force in Pakistan, which has many internal and regional sources of de-stablization; another is that the US close ties with India and Israel to weaken Pakistan come at the expense of China as the Asian superpower that wishes to have a voice in determining the balance of power.

Almost five months after China issued a ‘soft ultimatum’ to the US regarding Pakistan’s security, Beijing has struck even deeper into the heart of the US by warning about the perpetual borrowing on the part of the government. After Standard and Poor’s downgraded the US sovereign debt, China struck hard at the heart of America’s power, warning that the days of endless borrowing are over. Losing top credit rating does not mean that the US will become the next Greece, or even the next Italy, but China wants to make sure that the US is not planning to pay back its debt with a sharply devalued dollar that would help exports and result in an effective discount of the debt.

Japan immediately came to the defense of the US. Japan is America’s second largest owner of US bonds. However, the markets are more in line with China, considering in the first week of August 2011, markets lost $2.5 trillion, and the slide may not be over yet. As the world’s largest creditor, China has no choice but to warn the US about its reckless financial policies, just as it warned about its reckless foreign policy.

Geopolitics of energy has brought to the forefront an additional low-level conflict between Asian and Eurasian producers of natural gas and the US that has tried in the past two decades to muscle its way into the domain on behalf of its multinational corporations. The issue of China’s rare earth resources – a topic I have addressed in a separate posting – affords it considerable leverage in the global arena and unique in the sense that it has to balance its political support between energy/minerals producing nations, on the one hand, and consuming nations, on the other. The US as a consumer nation finds itself in the difficult position of engaging in confrontational diplomacy, while China negotiates deals to make sure that it reaches and keeps the top economic spot in the world.

China has been increasing largely because of its rapid economic ascendancy, therefore China is more interested in not making waves internationally than the US that has to resort to military adventures, no matter how costly and reckless, in order to retain its glory of the early Cold War. Naturally, as China moves closer to the number one spot in the global economy, other countries will try to check its power. The question is how Beijing manages its economic and military power and the degree to which is is interested in stability more than the US. It is ironic that China under one-party state has become the pro-stability status quo power in the world, while the US is a source of instability. Who would have imagined such a scenario in 1949 when Mao prevailed over the Nationalists?

AUTHOR: Jon Kofas
URL: WORLD EVENTS, CULTURE & CIVILIZATION

DONT YOU JUST LOVE IT WHEN A BULLY IS PUT IN HIS PLACE.:china::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom