What's new

China to Show New Submarine to Korean Navy Chief

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
images

In an unprecedented gesture, the Chinese military will show a new conventional submarine to the Korean chief of naval operations who is visiting a naval base there.

Adm. Choi Yoon-hee is expected to visit the Chinese North Sea Fleet in Qingdao on Friday. He embarked on Tuesday on a four-day visit to China as part of bilateral military exchanges.

It is the first time for the Chinese military to disclose a submarine to a Korean military leader, indicating the growing closeness between the two countries.

The submarine is an up-to-date diesel-powered sub that has been deployed warfare-ready since 1999.

The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - China to Show New Submarine to Korean Navy Chief

images

In an unprecedented gesture, the Chinese military will show a new conventional submarine to the Korean chief of naval operations who is visiting a naval base there.

Adm. Choi Yoon-hee is expected to visit the Chinese North Sea Fleet in Qingdao on Friday. He embarked on Tuesday on a four-day visit to China as part of bilateral military exchanges.

It is the first time for the Chinese military to disclose a submarine to a Korean military leader, indicating the growing closeness between the two countries.

The submarine is an up-to-date diesel-powered sub that has been deployed warfare-ready since 1999.

The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - China to Show New Submarine to Korean Navy Chief

They have not mention that which Korean Admiral they invite. I have use google then I know he is Admiral of ROK.

They have not mention that which Korean Admiral they invite. I have use google then I know he is Admiral of ROK.

its a south korea paper, they simply refer to themselves as korea(republic of)

Back
Top Bottom