What's new

China to Build Pan Asia-Europe 17 Country Rail Network

Communist

Reaction score
China to Build Pan Asia-Europe 17 Country Rail Network

cfd9b6f6ab8460b2883ed01bf7d5270d.jpg

Mar. 8 – China has announced plans to develop a three-pronged high speed rail network that will expand its own tracks to a further seventeen countries throughout Asia and stretch as far as Europe.

Wang Mengshu, a member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, has said that China was in negotiations with several countries to develop rail networks developed to China’s national specifications, and that the network would be financed on the basis of trade for the technology.

The plans include Southeast Asia, with a network to run south from Kunming through Vietnam, Thailand, and Malaysia on the way to Singapore and west across to Myanmar and India.

A western network would run from Urumqi through Central Asia, including Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, possibly connecting through Pakistan, Iran, and Turkey through to Germany.

The third spur would leave Heilongjiang, cross Mongolia, Russia and head west across Siberia on the way to Europe. China and Russia have already agreed to build a high speed rail line across Siberia.

However, logistics problems still have to be worked out. Not all countries operate the same gauge rail as China’s high speed trains, and the cost would be enormous – high speed track is three times more expensive than conventional rail and all routes would require new track to be laid. In order to take part in the increased trade such routes would bring, some countries are prepared to offer trade incentives in exchange for financial backing on the high speed routes. Myanmar, for example, is apparently prepared to offer rich reserves of lithium, a metal with many industrial applications in computing.

The routes also go hand in hand with some of the oil and gas pipelines heading into China from Siberia and Central Asia. China expects trade and commerce to develop significantly in the Western regions with the establishment of mines, factories, and business centers throughout Xinjiang Province and Central Asia as the routes assist sustainable development in the region.

China to Build Pan Asia-Europe 17 Country Rail Network | 2point6billion.com - Foreign Direct Investment in Asia

China should have excluded india from the list to avoid racist violence and religious fanaticism. I don't know when the CPC will realize their blunders. Blunder after blunder.... well, good luck China!!

I think it would be good for China to start a train from far East through China into Pakistan to Iran and then Through Turkey to EU.

Nice to hear ..Good luck !:china:

That's excellent news, any idea when this will be done? I'd imagine it to be an enormous job, but no doubt it would be the morden version of silk route and this would help China develop its western regions too.

Well a very good idea, China and Pakistan should work on such a project. As Pakistan has already launched an experimental train service to Turkey through Iran. We have train service till Hawailian which lies on the Karakoram Highway, so we can expand it to the maximum as that is a hilly terrain and very hard for such construction work.

Turkey is already in Europe and has rail links there too, thus it will become a very easy route.

India can even join in on later stages, IF it wants and peace comes to these two countries, as Pakistan & India have already train links which can be linked to this international train link if it becomes operational.

Huge cost benefits and trade opportunities.

Great news. I would love China and Pakistan to be connected through a rail network. China is Pakistan's best friend and favorite neighbour. The areas of Pakistan near the China border are Pakistan's most peaceful and beautiful areas.

:pakistan::china:

Do you really think the second para has got anything to do with this?
You always very smartly link the irrelevent things which is mostly your degraded thinking about india to your posts.So dont try to be oversmart.There would hundreds of people here on this forum who would have brains beyond your imagination. By any standard you dont deserve to be senior member.Anyways i have reported your post and i would be really surprised if the moderators dont ban you.

Hey relax buddy, just agree with what ever they say, look at my posts above, lets leave them to imagine till the core of there fantasy.... why do u need to be a pest in there imagination???

Hey relax buddy, just agree with what ever they say, look at my posts above, lets leave them to imagine till the core of there fantasy.... why do u need to be a pest in there imagination???

Ya true ...But I am really surprised because he is from india.

There's no mentioning of India in Chinese report on these project. India could be as an extended destination of rails from Kunming-Burma-Bangladesh. But what's the point of having India as a ungrateful destination?

Pak-Iran connection should be done on priority bases...
Mashad-Peshawar via Kabul. (around 1000km. displacement)
It will help a lot in reconstruction of Afghanistan and i expect heavy passenger traffic on this route.

China should have excluded india from the list to avoid racist violence and religious fanaticism. I don't know when the CPC will realize their blunders. Blunder after blunder.... well, good luck China!!

Calm down. communist.

Think on more positive note: in case war breaks out, China can send many mechanized divisions in no time... :lol:

Back to the topic. I'd like to guess the soonest rail would be the one connect to either Burma or Vietnam/Laos via Kunming. To central Asia would also be earlier than others as the trade with them is really booming.

There's no mentioning of India in Chinese report on these project. India could be as an extended destination of rails from Kunming-Burma-Bangladesh. But what's the point of having India as a ungrateful destination?

"The plans include Southeast Asia, with a network to run south from Kunming through Vietnam, Thailand, and Malaysia on the way to Singapore and west across to Myanmar and India."

well it seems that the original plan does mention India...ungrateful or not...we are a destination...and we rock at that...!

Back
Top Bottom