China reports no new local coronavirus cases

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
China reported no new local coronavirus cases
AUGUST 17, 2020 / 8:54 AM /

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China reported no new local coronavirus cases in the western region of Xinjiang on Aug. 16, according to national data, marking the first time the area’s case count was zero since mid-July.

It marks a new low number for Xinjiang, which had become a hotbed for the virus as cases surged.

China reported on Monday 22 new coronavirus cases in the mainland for Aug. 16, compared with 19 cases a day earlier, the health authority said.

All of the new infections were imported cases, the National Health Commission said in a statement. There were no new deaths.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...or-aug-16-no-new-xinjiang-cases-idUSKCN25D02J

Actually, I don't believe a completely zero case.

If we see how the virus works.

There will be another outbreak again like in the case of Urumqi and Beijing in the near future.

But the way China government handled it, I give it two thumbs.

I don't think it's a problem for China.

Actually, I don't believe a completely zero case.

If we see how the virus works.

There will be another outbreak again like in the case of Urumqi and Beijing in the near future.

But the way China government handled it, I give it two thumbs.

I don't think it's a problem for China.
Key points, mass testing, by mass means the whole city in our standard, contact tracing with the help of AI and Apps.

After city wide mass testing which every person is supposed to be tested and strict lockdown, Now Urumqi has been virus free for days.

2Gw0gm9yeLKFuF4a_9CS5JI6XX7KEdAbIroDXyK6A18

Is life returning back to normal in China now? In terms of how many people you now see on the streets etc.

Is life returning back to normal in China now? In terms of how many people you now see on the streets etc.
This is what Wuhan is like now

China's Wuhan goes wild as water party attracts thousands
Crowds packed out a water park over the weekend in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus first emerged late last year, keen to party as the city edges back to normal life. The popular Wuhan Maya Beach Water Park was filled with people frolicking in swimsuits and goggles for an electronic music festival, many perched on rubber dinghies or wading up to their chests in water.

Thousands of partygoers packed out a water park over the weekend in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus first emerged late last year, keen to party as the city edges back to normal life.

The popular Wuhan Maya Beach Water Park was filled with people frolicking in swimsuits and goggles for an electronic music festival, many perched on rubber dinghies or wading up to their chest in water.
NINTCHDBPICT000602427263.jpg

Efn31CEUEAUGiCS-1440x808.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000602427252.jpg

This is what Wuhan is like now

China's Wuhan goes wild as water party attracts thousands
Crowds packed out a water park over the weekend in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus first emerged late last year, keen to party as the city edges back to normal life. The popular Wuhan Maya Beach Water Park was filled with people frolicking in swimsuits and goggles for an electronic music festival, many perched on rubber dinghies or wading up to their chests in water.

Thousands of partygoers packed out a water park over the weekend in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus first emerged late last year, keen to party as the city edges back to normal life.

The popular Wuhan Maya Beach Water Park was filled with people frolicking in swimsuits and goggles for an electronic music festival, many perched on rubber dinghies or wading up to their chest in water.
NINTCHDBPICT000602427263.jpg

Efn31CEUEAUGiCS-1440x808.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000602427252.jpg

:o: So it is now completely safe for that many people to be together?

I did.
Post Covid-19 life in Beijing in July, now it's more so, people still wear masks more of a habit now

Btw this might be a stupid question but isn't it dangerous to have electronic music festival next to swimming pool filled with water because people can get electric shock?

Back
Top Bottom