What's new

China reducing army size ?

I encourage you to follow the postings of xinhui closely. He is a careful observer of the chinese military. One of the best. His thoughts on this area are usually well-taken.

You might wish to look him up here.

Thanks S2, as I stated before, I am here for my New Year break. I won't stay for long if the quality of the conversation does not improve.

anyways, this round of downsizing is directly related to the recent sets "cross - regional" military ex conducted by the PLA. If the CMC is comfortable with capability of shifting high-readiness rated ground units from other regions to the "trouble spot" in a rapidly and effectively. More importantly, the C3I ability to command them. Then, they will continue to focus their modernization path on the airforce and the navy.

They don't need so many ground troops standing around, making camp fire, and looking at each other funny in the middle of no-where. If they can be reinforced from else where. (the job of policing has been handled over to the PAP) It is a continuation of the WZC they are at it since the 1990.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom