What's new

China plans 2012 manned space

@ post #2, yes its indeed a step, but a very small step, China needs at least 500 tons thrust Semi-Cryogenic rocket engine for that kind of project, yanks got 679 tons thrust f-1 for their 40 years ago manned moon mission and for your information, after 40 years, China is currently DEVELOPING yf-100, which its a 122 tons thrust Semi-Cryogenic rocket engine

very clear here, just not in the same league.

One step closer to this, the moon will shine red
chinese-flag-on-moon.jpg

You don't want China to repeat the US apollo missions. It was a case of 'We Came, We Saw, We Left.'

Things are looking more hopeful this time around with nominal manned missions and the architecture to support bases being planned/developed. It is also a hopeful sign that numerous commercial companies are feverishly working on their own designs with business cases seperate from the government.

Hopefully space will become more crowded in the decades to come! I want to vacation in a space hotel when I'm in my 60's!:tup:

You don't want China to repeat the US apollo missions. It was a case of 'We Came, We Saw, We Left.'

Things are looking more hopeful this time around with nominal manned missions and the architecture to support bases being planned/developed. It is also a hopeful sign that numerous commercial companies are feverishly working on their own designs with business cases seperate from the government.

Hopefully space will become more crowded in the decades to come! I want to vacation in a space hotel when I'm in my 60's!:tup:
soon this image take reality

This is good news! the space race which started in cold era seems like starting up again. We don't know what future beholds for us, but it seems in future the confrontation is heading away from the earth's surface. This way some who like to expand and show strength have the new domain/erena to show the same, so that the earth land is left for the people. {too optimistic, but lets hope for the best}

soon this image take reality

It is hopeful that more than this image will become a reality, with multiple efforts by many nations and blocks of nations bearing fruit.

It is for the very best to channel competitive spirit away from territorial disputes and into scientific progress and the expansion of the human species in general.

Y

This was the same hope that people had in the 1960s, but alas we barely moved from what we have achieved in the 1960s and 70s in the space sector. I saw a documentary on Apollo mission and people during that time was so swept away by mans landing on moon that everybody was expecting to holiday in Mars by the end of the century.

Ah,I pity that a little jocular remark gone right through your condescending head.

is there something inherently wrong with my statement? does India not require a high thrust reliable cryo-engine prior to a manned attempt?

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." aka to mars, first we must get to the moon and Place a Chinese Flag on it.

Back
Top Bottom