What's new

China objects to presence of Indian warships in South China Sea

Reaction score
Country
India
images%7Ccms-image-000023717.jpg

NEW DELHI: China has upped the ante on its claims in the South China Sea region ahead of President Pranab Mukherjee's four-day trip to the country from May 24, objecting to the presence of Indian Navy ships in the region where it has significantly expanded its presence since 2009 through artificial islands and military presence.

Indian Navy ships taking part in maritime exercise in the South China Sea is "a matter of concern", a senior Chinese official said in Delhi on Thursday night, a day after four naval vessels set sail for participating in Malabar exercise with the United States and Japan.

The Chinese official, who did not want to be identified, alleged that Western powers are using the colonial tactics of "divide and rule".

When there is some trouble in the South China Sea, India is worried. When Indian ships participate in maritime exercises in the South China Sea, of course China will show concern," the official told a select group of media persons.

The remarks come ahead of the President's visit to China, where he is expected to raise issues of political, regional and strategic significance including China's efforts to block India's bid at the United Nations to get Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar banned as well as India's entry into the Nuclear Suppliers Group, both ostensibly at the behest of Pakistan .

On May 24 Mukherjee is scheduled to land in Guangzhou, one of China's most prosperous regions, to seek to attract business and investments. He will be in Beijing on May 25-27 for political dialogue and meetings with Peking University.

The Chinese leadership has gone an extra mile for the President, with plans for several official banquets and meetings.

Guided missile stealth frigates INS Satpura and INS Sahyadri; INS Shakti, a sophisticated fleet support ship; and INS Kirch, a guided missile corvette, had set sail on Wednesday on a two-and-a-half month long operational deployment to the South China Sea and North West Pacific.

http://www.prameyanews7.com/en/may2...esence-of-Indian-ships-on-South-China-Sea.htm

Please use a credible source so as to eliminate any suspicion of bias. Your source is an Indian news site and we all know the credibility of such sites.

Please use a credible source so as to eliminate any suspicion of bias. Your source is an Indian news site and we all know the credibility of such sites.

Let's leave our Indian friends alone. I have not yet seen any coverage in the Chinese media, much less a so-called reaction from the Chinese government.

Let's leave our Indian friends alone. I have not yet seen any coverage in the Chinese media, much less a so-called reaction from the Chinese government.
I would like your opinion on how China would respond to this. In my opinion China has always played a tit for tat response to such actions. What are your thoughts on this?

I would like your opinion on how China would respond to this. In my opinion China has always played a tit for tat response to such actions. What are your thoughts on this?

They could always arm Pakistan even more, we hate the indians enough for our own reasons to keep after them.

Our Navy is slowly increasing and the subs addition will be a big boost but we could do with more naval assets patrolling that entire area west of india, I have no issue with Chinese ships in Pakistan

Simply objection and no threat??????!!!!!!! I was expacting some threat no 3696148514521 from china this time. Chinese threat and warnings have dried up since Modi came to power.

If there were a threat issued by Beijing, every major Indian news outlet would be spinning it for the next two weeks. And no, the lack thereof had nothing to do with Modi.

Just like India objects CPEC. I am sick and tired of this game. Time for China to take military actions.

We (India and China) are big and mighty nations. We don't go to confrontation on a whim as it could escalate to something bigger. India and China do some confrontations with small and weaker countries as it doesn't make any difference to us but smaller country spend fortune in hope to get some parity. We win :)

China & it's slave are already paranoid after watching Indian & US ships roaming around ocean.Yes,China should be afraid & paranoid cause whole obsolete defense technologies of China sustains by copying US.So they have to keep consequences in mind.
The same obsolete technology gave you a nice ride in 1962.:D
800px-China_India_western_border_88.jpg

Freedom of navigation has never been an issue as far as China is concerned. Everybody has the right of innocent passage. Indian navy is free to navigate the SCS. The exception would be when foreign warships or warplaned get within 12 nautical miles of Chinese islands in SCS.

Back
Top Bottom