What's new

China May Support India at Nuclear Suppliers Group, After OPCW Vote?

India has been trying to make a place in the elite Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) since long. India’s vote at Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) was aimed at winning China’s vote for the NSG. China’s opposition to India’s Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) entry is the biggest hurdle that India faces. But India and China together voted against the UK sponsored proposal at the OPCW, with Delhi hoping to win Chinese support at the NSG.

Can India Woo China to Enter The Nuclear Suppliers Group?
India hopes that this new found solidarity will result in the dissolution of China’s opposition to India’s entry to the Nuclear Suppliers Group. India voted against the proposal by the United Kingdom calling it inadequate.

India argued that the proposal shall render the Chemical Weapons Convention director unprecedented and unchecked powers. China too voted against the proposal by the United Kingdom at Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).

India’s vote at Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) also means that India along with Russia and China shares similar interests. India’s stand reflects the fact that India, China and Russia have an identical approach on key global issues. Experts believe that the three nations might agree on common positions over some key issues in future and build a sense of cooperation.

India and China were among the 23 nations which voted against the proposal by the United Kingdom. 82 nations voted in favour of the proposal by the UK at Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons. The proposal needed 71 votes in total to be approved. India maintained that is was not satisfied with the proposal as it violated a principle position. So, now will this new found solidarity with China serve as India’s door to the Nuclear Suppliers Group?

https://eurasiantimes.com/indias-vote-opcw-bid-win-chinas-vote-nsg/
Not again, we dont need NSG membership when we have all the benefits without it.
probably we can satisfy some other countries ego at the best.

This I agree with. China has a price, countries like NZ work on ethical and moral grounds. Those are the hardest to convince.
they are neither ethical nor moral they are just pure BS. Most of the ordinary might put up facade of protest but political class is nothing but extension of white europe. If US says yes they will say yes. They fall into nuisance category nothing more than that.

This I agree with. China has a price, countries like NZ work on ethical and moral grounds. Those are the hardest to convince.
New Zealand cant handle even the slightest of arm twisting. With all the crap quality steel china flooded with in NZ, it decided to stop accepting Chinese steel. China retorted by not accepting NZ kiwi fruits and they lay rotting at the dock. Within a week, NZ started buying crap Chinese steel again. NZ is so insignificant. India has a lot of room to play with.

Not again, we dont need NSG membership when we have all the benefits without it.
probably we can satisfy some other countries ego at the best.

We need NSG membership in order to export nuclear reactors freely.

China doesn't want that to happen.

Bull crap. The scrip was so outrageous that it was rejected even by Bollywood.
May have been rejected by Bollywood (being cowardly) but there is every chance that it's gonna be picked up by an international consortium unless some drastic changes take place (or a miracle happens) between now and November

We need NSG membership in order to export nuclear reactors freely.

China doesn't want that to happen.

Any sane person would not want any Indian reactor in their neighborhood. It’s not safe, just like Indian subs, Indian planes...

Or even India itself for women. The world must reject Indian reactors on humanitarian and safety reasons.

Any sane person would not want any Indian reactor in their neighborhood. It’s not safe, just like Indian subs, Indian planes...

Or even India itself for women. The world must reject Indian reactors on humanitarian and safety reasons.
Come back when Taiwanese can make any one of those. Oh, I forgot! Taiwan need to make their province a country first. Pathetic!

Come back when Taiwanese can make any one of those. Oh, I forgot! Taiwan need to make their province a country first. Pathetic!

I’m certain that Taiwan is safe for women. Can you say the same about India? Of course not. India is dangerous for women and should do its best to discourage foreign women from traveling to India.

I’m certain that Taiwan is safe for women. Can you say the same about India? Of course not. India is dangerous for women and should do its best to discourage foreign women from traveling to India.
And what proof you have that Taiwan is safe for women?
I can say that India is safe for women.
India's sexual assult per 100,000 is less than that of US and Canada and Japan for that matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

Funny I couldn't find Taiwan's data here.
Oh! I forgot! It is not even a country! What a shame!
And India only become a nation in 1947. Prior to that, it was a geographical expression.

Too bad, Taiwan is not even a country till now, its not even a geographical expression. Its sometimes referred by China as a rogue province.

Last edited:
And what proof you have that Taiwan is safe for women?
I can say that India is safe for women.
India's sexual assult per 100,000 is less than that of US and Canada and Japan for that matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

Funny I couldn't find Taiwan's data here.
Oh! I forgot! It is not even a country! What a shame!

You shouldn't use rape statistics to reason with a victim, that's rude. His whole life revolves around rape.

And some Chinese members have argued that he is a false-flagger.

Little China will come around. At the end of the day, they will bend over backwards for some morsel thrown their way. That country has never been known for having a spine.

You shouldn't use rape statistics to reason with a victim, that's rude. His whole life revolves around rape.

And some Chinese members have argued that he is a false-flagger.
I thought that 'Rape Victim' here was TruthOnlyDefence guy. This one is different. Or is he a sock-puppet of the same guy?

lol okay have it your way and get your reputation well to get in stop blaming China.

But the question is, how will your country get in?
China can try to put the lipstick on your pig, but it can’t make it look pretty lol

Hence stop equating your situation with India’s.

Back
Top Bottom