Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
China launches new rail, road cargo linking Lanzhou with Islamabad

Listen

384965_5093321_updates.jpg

A train carrying 30 carriages of mechanical equipment, auto parts and daily necessities is seen at a logistics center in Lanzhou, northwest China's Gansu Province, on Oct 23, 2018.

LANZHOU: China has launched a new rail and road cargo service linking Lanzhou, capital of northwest China’s Gansu Province, with Islamabad in Pakistan, China Daily reported.

The first train carrying 30 carriages of mechanical equipment, auto parts and daily necessities left a logistics center yesterday in Lanzhou, bound for Kashgar in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.

The goods will then be transported to Islamabad by a highway, China’s state-run media reported on Wednesday.

According to Luo Zhe, deputy director with the management committee of the International Land Port of Gansu (Lanzhou), the 4,500-km trip will take 13 days, around 15 days less than the traditional sea route.

This was the second freight train service launched by Gansu to south Asia.

In 2016, a rail and road cargo service opened between Lanzhou and Kathmandu, Nepal.

“I hope the new rail and road cargo service can set a good example for cooperation between China and Pakistan and encourage more countries and regions to join the Belt and Road Initiative,” Luo said.

CPeC won’t materialize till there is a rail between havalian and Kashgar or Hotan ...
No one In government is prioritizing this, I am not sure why... the only reason can be international pressure.

Is there a plan under CPEC to link China and Pakistan?

rail and road cargo linking
Rail:lanzhou-Kashgar
road:kashgar-pakistan
That I know already. But I want to know about the train link to Pakistan ( not the road link)

wait. We have different standards for railroad width, China and Pakistan. How can a train travel between Chinese and Pakistani Railroads in one go?
Whats going on here any one know? New lines?

I can assure Pakistanis, that CPEC won’t materialize, as trade cannot take place without 24/7 rail and road link... right now there is so such thing between pakiatan and China ... they should have started with this linking project before putting money into rest of pakiatan ... or simultaneously should have started this.. a rail link between two countries might take more than 8 to 10 years ...

It does not make sense about CPEC without proper link between the two countries

Back
Top Bottom