China-India border dispute spills over into Australian university

LOGICAL BOSSS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Published August 21, 2017
SOURCE: SCMP

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...s/news-story/2b1cccbe438d1c680fcbff60f8e7d97e

73b10762-8639-11e7-8f03-5f0754277a16_1280x720_192250.jpg

An IT lecturer at the University of Sydney has apologised for using an out-of-date map that showed a region of Tibet as being Indian territory. The image upset some Chinese students after it was used by Khimji Vaghjiani during a course titled “Professional Practice in IT”.

The mistake was spotted by The Australian Red Scarf, a WeChat group run by Chinese international students, which ran an article about it last week.

“This map is different from [the] Chinese map … India should respect the facts,” it said. “Is this Indian teacher trying to provoke a conflict?” it added.

India and China have been locked in a border dispute on the Doklam plateau in the Himalayas since the middle of June.

Vaghjiani apologised for the mistake, and for any offence that might have been caused.

“Over 18 months ago, I used an out-of-date map, downloaded from the internet, when discussing characteristics of IT entrepreneurs around the world, however I was unaware that the map was inaccurate and out of date. This was a genuine mistake and I regret any offence this may have caused,” he said.

“The current learning materials for this course … are up to date and do not contain this map,” he added.

Although the story was not picked up by the mainland Chinese media, it was widely circulated on news portals like Sohu.com and Qq.com. Opinions were also expressed via Weibo, China’s answer to Twitter.

“We should pay attention to the fact that this wrong map was used by an Indian teacher,” one person wrote.

Another asked: “Can they challenge the whole population of Chinese people?”

Not everyone was upset, however, with several people pointing out that the incorrect map was still available online and had been used in lectures many times before.

“The part people are concerned about on the map is too small. I can’t spot it,” a person said.

The incident at the University of Sydney is the second in only weeks to have upset the Chinese community.

Earlier this month, People’s Daily posted a photograph of a piece of graffiti in a men’s toilet cubicle at the university that had the words “Kill Chinese” written next to a swastika.

The university said at the time it did not tolerate racism in any form.

north east india should be part of china...

India is a weak country...weakling dont deserve to exist or survive.

tejas = fail
t90 = fail
arjun = overpriced = fail
Destroyer capsize in port = fail
india submarine catch fire = fail
ammo 10 days = fail
$8.8 billion USD for 36 rafale = fail

Scorpene $500 million usd each and no AIP = fail

sepecat jaguar upgraded with AESA = already very old airframe upgraded = fail

INSAS Rifle dont work = fail

6 apache bought out of 22 = fail

bailing out of super sukhoi = fail

3.3 billion USD for HAL AMCA for 3 prototype = fail

3 indian air force crash in 2 days = fail
@SingaporeGuy bro you are class apart. These days i follow your post religiously. They give real insight in indian failure and capacity. Lol.

China going to kill India with empty threats?

WHERE ARE YOU LIVING?

DIDN'T YOU SEE SUPA POWA CHEENA THROWING NUCLEAR STONES AT INDIANS?

The huge battle that Chinese fought with India, the one which had more action than Peter Jackson's Lord of the rings 'Battle at Helms deep' is now etched in legend. The magnificent Chinese came on Dragons, with fire coming out of their backholes, threw mighty nuclear stones at Indians who ran back.
One of the Indians was also hit with supa powa nuclear flying kick, the one that took out Balrog.

All in all, the epic battle was won by Chinese, a mighty lesson to cow-protectors of India. ;)

Did I miss anything? Or does the battle of Dokhlam have an epic sequel where Mighty Chinese on Dragons will graduate to nuclear sticks? May be they will make a trilogy by using nuclear flowers to attack pathetic cow-protectors from India.

India today, the magazine, too doesn't include Tibet as part of China in it's maps

don't talk like we include India in world map in our magazine...LMAO, the retard teacher got owned by Chinese student and still need to apologize, so irrelevant Indians these days.

Back
Top Bottom