What's new

China in doldrums after Xi fiasco: China's finance giant MISSES payments

Chinese infrastructure is miraculous, everyone knows that. But there are also other sectors in the economy, which seems to be weakening. Especially now that the population is ageing, the consumption can not be increased, in my view the current decade may be the highest consumption in the Chinese economy, and since it produces far more than it can consume along with the de-globalization war started by USA & its allies( near-shoring), its going to be a difficult issue for China to handle. As many economists says, China's issues are structural, not a seasonal one.
Increasing wealthy Chinese population will consumer more, China still has 5 times of US population.
As for population growth

China’s demographic doomsayers cite the wrong data,technically proficient Chinese population has grown 20-fold, or by 2,000%

China’s drop in population is nothing to worry about – just look at history

You need to go back to my post. I was talking about Absolute poverty.

It's the same standard across the world $1.9 in low income countries $3.6 for medium to low income and $5.5 for medium income

Which mean it does not matter if $1 spend in US is different than $1 spend in China. That only matters if you are talking about relative poverty. Which is again, as I said pointless.
I've read some idiotic $hit in my life, but this one takes the cake...a poorman in China doesn't care about the nuances of relative vs absolute poverty, all he knows is that $1 will buy him 2 dozen eggs in China, whereas he'd be lucky to get half a dozen in US, which will make him more poor in US than China. So, the arbitrary dollar value assigned to assess poverty is indeed relative and cannot be used to compare to two economies.

I've read some idiotic $hit in my life, but this one takes the cake...a poorman in China doesn't care about the nuances of relative vs absolute poverty, all he knows is that $1 will buy him 2 dozen eggs in China, whereas he'd be lucky to get half a dozen in US, which will make him more poor in US than China. So, the arbitrary dollar value assigned to assess poverty is indeed relative and cannot be used to compare to two economies.
Probably because you know shit about what I was talking about. The original comment is about this

China's Xi declares victory in ending extreme poverty​

Which is what the Chinese claim they did. Which is what I said they used PPP to calculate that rate, which is wrong, and it should be using the GNI index

Actually, China "eliminated" poverty by moving the poverty line lower, notice that the Chinese count their poverty line by PPP instead of GNI medium. Long story short, the reported poverty line for China as per Chinese government is at $2.6 a day. While world bank put the number to be $5.5 a day using GNI per capita instead of PPP. Nobody in the world uses PPP per capita to measure poverty, because $1 earn is not $1 in PPP term......

Ergo, if a person in China living under $5.5 a day, under the Chinese requirement, they are not in extreme poverty, because to what they calculate, they are "not" a medium income country. Problem is, NO COUNTRY in the world would use PPP to calculate their absolute poverty line, because that is what relative poverty did. Because the living standard within the same country is different, for example, living stand in Beijing and the living standard in Guizhou is different, you cannot draw a national line if you use PPP. An egg may have cost 3RMB in Beijing, but 0.5RMB in Guizhou, tell me, which one you should choose to be the NATIONAL poverty line? Or you have a national poverty line in each and different province?? I mean, if I uses relative poverty and set the line on the state/province with the lowest purchasing power, then 0 of my citizens would be living under poverty.............

Dude, maybe study something (i don't care what you studied, but anything) before you are trying to be a smart arse? Nobody here is comparing the poverty line or anything between US and China.

Last edited:
poor slobs, I don't want to tell them what's happening to their semi star SMIC.

First question is what did Xi do? What fiasco did he do? Second question is SMIC, what is happening? So a country with the determination and resource to engineer their way out is worse than a country who does nothing and hope for the demise of their rival. Lolol

My question is WHAT IS INDIA DOING? NOTHING

Dude, chill there are two types of idiots in this world.

One who knows he is an idiot and one who is oblivious to this. Lolol

First question is what did Xi do? What fiasco did he do? Second question is SMIC, what is happening? So a country with the determination and resource to engineer their way out is worse than a country who does nothing and hope for the demise of their rival. Lolol

all 3 questions are answered abundantly over the past decade in various newspapers. Start reading.

What Xi did in the last 10 years.
CCP always aligns with the poor, not the rich from day one, this is why KMT now is in Taiwan, KMT always aligns with the rich.

a745b073ccf34d78ac47af19547aae49.jpeg
b26bdf52cecb4d328b353768ef62d4bb.jpeg

all 3 questions are answered abundantly over the past decade in various newspapers. Start reading.
Newspaper answering ky question? You stated something and you are not proving it. You think Xi alonr runs China? Oooy toilet is blocked, it is Xi's fiasco. Prove to me how exactly it is Xi's fiasco when it is private companies borrowing from both foreign and domestic banks tanking. What did he do exactly. I am not saying he is a Saint but performance wise, he is actually more rational and better than your chaiwalla.

Newspaper answering ky question? You stated something and you are not proving it. You think Xi alonr runs China? Oooy toilet is blocked, it is Xi's fiasco. Prove to me how exactly it is Xi's fiasco when it is private companies borrowing from both foreign and domestic banks tanking. What did he do exactly. I am not saying he is a Saint but performance wise, he is actually more rational and better than your chaiwalla.
if you have been reading newspapers you wouldn't be asking me these. so...start reading the news instead asking me to summarize for you.

Back
Top Bottom