What's new

China hit by surge in Belt and Road bad loans, $78bn renegotiated or written off in past 3 years

Greediness is failure and building the relationship lasts decade.
China keeps rolling over debts from many countries, god knows when we can get the money back, probably not in our life time. not a good investor for sure.

China should not lend money. at least we agree on this one point.
As said earlier, China is not lending money out of goodwill nor to build the relationship. It is one way of controlling the economy exercising the tactics of slavery. I hope Pakistan realizes sooner than later.

As said earlier, China is not lending money out of goodwill nor to build the relationship. It is one way of controlling the economy exercising the tactics of slavery. I hope Pakistan realizes sooner than later.
You think China is going after Pakistan and begging the country to borrow money? actually Pakistan can always go to borrow from the west or the world bank, China will never stop Pakistan to do so.

China is greedy, yeah, every country is greedy, but how much China can make from Pakistan than from India and the west? do you really think China is the hell bent to make good money from Pakistan?

I m suprised if it is really that "outrageous"as you claimed, how come countries around the wrold still borrow them. you can say that's because the corruption of one country, but when you apply it to the whole world, it doesn't add up right.
Is there any reason not to refute these allegations of usury by publishing actual terms so that detractors of China can't take advantage of the opacity of these deals?

Greediness is failure and building the relationship lasts decade.

Democracy government is unstable.

Every time there's a leadership change (public election), so does the government policy and allegiance switched.

It's public brainwashing (media propaganda) to ensure stability and friendship.

Economics and trade create friendship.

It's a mutual benefit.

Is there any reason not to refute these allegations of usury by publishing actual terms so that detractors of China can't take advantage of the opacity of these deals?
Which contract? which contracts that China conducts are different from what other countries do?

You think China is going after Pakistan and begging the country to borrow money? actually Pakistan can always go to borrow from the west or the world bank, China will never stop Pakistan to do so.

China is greedy, yeah, every country is greedy, but how much China can make from Pakistan than from India and the west? do you really think China is the hell bent to make good money from Pakistan?
China is after Pakistan and Pakistan is after USA. Given the foreign policy invested in western worlds, that is why Pakistan establishment have hard time separating from USA. But in WW3, it will be survival that will decide the side - not for monetary reasons.

If Pakistan, China, Russia, and possibly North Korea along with Iran join together, it will be for survival - not for monetary reasons. WW3 is matter of survival and that is why they maintain the relationships purely for that reason alone.

At the end, the survival trumps the money card so Pakistan is being smart to keep all the options open just in case. I expect every nations do the same for the survival.

You see, when there's a failure, you will be blamed.

Despite the failure is not because of you.

If Gwadar one day becomes a large important city, where all the Central Asia countries use it as a port to ship their product and bring a lot of money to Pakistan, do you still be remembered?

Democracy government is unstable.

Every time there's a leadership change (public election), so does the government policy and allegiance switched.

It's public brainwashing (media propaganda) to ensure stability and friendship.

Economics and trade create friendship.

It's a mutual benefit.
That is why foreign policy is fixed in place to maintain the continuous momentum of foreign relations. The relationship between Pakistan and USA is very old and goes back to the possible times of Pakistan becoming independent nation.

Which contract? which contracts that China conducts are different from what other countries do?
There is this big cloud that unlike the usual practice, the terms of these deals between various countries and China are not public information, Typically, if we build a bridge or a road or anything, I can go and get all the details of bids, offers, rates, negotiations etc., and the final contract. Information about Public works are not private. China can put all these details on a website and silence these critics who accuse China of charging high rates, sovereign guarantees, inflated prices etc.,

China is after Pakistan and Pakistan is after USA. Given the foreign policy invested in western worlds, that is why Pakistan establishment have hard time separating from USA. But in WW3, it will be survival that will decide the side - not for monetary reasons.

If Pakistan, China, Russia, and possibly North Korea along with Iran join together, it will be for survival - not for monetary reasons. WW3 is matter of survival and that is why they maintain the relationships purely for that reason alone.

At the end, the survival trumps the money card so Pakistan is being smart to keep all the options open just in case. I expect every nations do the same for the survival.
China never tries to interfere Pakistan's foreign policies, and Pakistan's close friendship with US never hinders its relationship with China, so it's not an issue, you guys can go to US to borrow if the terms suit you better. simple as that.

You see, when there's a failure, you will be blamed.

Despite the failure is not because of you.

If Gwadar one day becomes a large important city, where all the Central Asia countries use it as a port to ship their product and bring a lot of money to Pakistan, do you still be remembered?
Gawadar can never become economic hub unless Pakistan can afford to pay the loan back which is impossible with China's outrageous loan interests.

But Pakistan has to get its own house in order to make Gawadar port economically viable and free of debt without the help of China. Only then, there is hope of relationship between Pakistan and China in the future. Greediness cannot inspire confidence no matter how much you sugarcoat it.

China is in no mood for any wars, we make trillions of dollars off of the west, we haven't made enough from them yet, we'll bleed them dry year on year.

If Pakistan, China, Russia, and possibly North Korea along with Iran join together, it will be for survival - not for monetary reasons. WW3 is matter of survival and that is why they maintain the relationships purely for that reason alone. At the end, the survival trumps the money card so Pakistan is being smart to keep all the options open just in case. I expect every nations do the same for the survival.

I hope there will be no WW3.

Actually, China bloc vs Western bloc is the product of the West.

The West can't accept sharing the world with anyone, and live peacefully.

Yes, USA and China decoupling is real and in motion.

One day, it could end in WW3.

But if I'm Pakistan, I will focus on today to build the country.

I will use any opportunity to improve Pakistan economy, befriend with any country.

And to ensure the world is not falling to the USA hand nor China hand, multipolar world is the best.

Back
Top Bottom