What's new

China Has Been Inflating Its Exports Numbers All Year, In Some Cases Doubli

SR-91

Reaction score
Country
India
China Has Been Inflating Its Exports Numbers All Year, In Some Cases Doubling The Actual Figures

China has over-reported its exports for the last five months, inflating the apparent demand for its products overseas, according to a new research report.
Official customs data showed a surge in exports, but imports reported by trading partners don’t match up. Capital Economics, a research firm, estimated the actual exports expanded only half the 17 percent year-over-year rate reported by customs for the first four months of 2013.

China’s statistics bureau, which usually skirts the limelight, produced what Capital called a “little-watched estimate” of industrial sales for export.

China Has Been Inflating Its Exports Numbers All Year, In Some Cases Doubling The Actual Figures.

China has over-reported its exports for the last five months, inflating the apparent demand for its products overseas, according to a new research report.
Official customs data showed a surge in exports, but imports reported by trading partners don’t match up. Capital Economics, a research firm, estimated the actual exports expanded only half the 17 percent year-over-year rate reported by customs for the first four months of 2013.

China’s statistics bureau, which usually skirts the limelight, produced what Capital called a “little-watched estimate” of industrial sales for export.

China Has Been Inflating Its Exports Numbers All Year, In Some Cases Doubling The Actual Figures

Put this is in the World affairs section. Wrong section. Could mods please move this? @Aeronaut @nuclearpak @Zakii @Oscar

Last edited by a moderator:
I read Hong Hong is one of the destinations to where exports had risen the most....

They are misleading themselves and the world..

Hope they do a better job at hiding true number from economists. If true numbers are verified,it would plunge the stock market world wide.

Y O U .. S I L L Y !!! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Who do u think authorized them to report??

You can't inflate or deflate export figures because you need the importing countries to doctore the figures according to your doctored stats as well.

Some people are just too stupid and just like to believe what they want to believe.

Götterdämmerung;4305431 said:
You can't inflate or deflate export figures because you need the importing countries to doctore the figures according to your doctored stats as well.

Some people are just too stupid and just like to believe what they want to believe.

Then how come the GDP figures are inflated that much over the past decade??

The recent estimates are that Chinese Commissars increase the GDP figures by 10 percent, and they are doing it for a decade now. Imagine what would be the real Chinese GDP.

Last edited by a moderator:

The recent estimates are that Chinese Commissars increase the GDP figures by 10 percent, and they are doing it for a decade now. Imagine what would be the real Chinese GDP.

Oh, GDP = export numbers now. :laughcry:

Chinese GDP numbers are more likely understated. Just look at the number of imported cars and other big ticket items sold in China. Look at the number of Chinese tourists going to Europe and the amount they spend. Look at the infrastructure where even tier 3 cities are more developed than tier 1 cities in India.

Götterdämmerung;4305567 said:
Oh, GDP = export numbers now. :laughcry:

Chinese GDP numbers are more likely understated. Just look at the number of imported cars and other big ticket items sold in China. Look at the number of Chinese tourists going to Europe and the amount they spend. Look at the infrastructure where even tier 3 cities are more developed than tier 1 cities in India.

The Curious Case of China’s GDP Figures | China Power

Early this year, China found a missing province, one doing very well for itself. The total GDP for 2012, according to the National Bureau of Statistics, was 51.9 trillion yuan. The total GDP figures of China’s 31 provinces for 2012 added up to 57.6 trillion yuan, giving the phantom 32nd province an annual GDP of 5.7 trillion yuan. For many economists, this was just a shining example of what they have believed for years: that China’s GDP numbers are questionable at best, and often exaggerate China’s growth, largely for political reasons.

Now cry and laugh at your self.

India do not need to develop concrete jungles, when we arrive at the world stage our business model will be smooth and sustainable than the Chinese ghost towns and wastage of investments. :lol:

Go and Chest thump your stats some where else, who gives a damn here. :wave:

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMF claims the Nominal GDP figures for China amounted to $8.2 Trillion dollars in 2012. The same view is held by United Nations, World Bank and the CIA World Factbook. Click on the above link provided.

What are the true estimated or actual figures according to your research if the above are incorrect?

The Curious Case of China’s GDP Figures | China Power

Now cry and laugh at your self.

India do not need to develop concrete jungles, when we arrive at the world stage our business model will be smooth and sustainable than the Chinese ghost towns and wastage of investments. :lol:

Go and Chest thump your stats some where else, who gives a damn here. :wave:

And yet your PM said something like Mumbai will become like Shanghai in five years ... and we are all still waiting for that day. :lol:

And yet, Indians are still dreaming to work in concrete jungles like New York, London, Singapore or Hongkong.

Those are not my stats, they are stats that our companies publicise because we make loads of money in China.

Since you can't eat that grape, there is no need to tell me that it's sour.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMF claims the Nominal GDP figures for China amounted to $8.2 Trillion dollars in 2012. The same view is held by United Nations, World Bank and the CIA World Factbook. Click the above link provided.

What are the true estimated or actual figures according to your research if the above are incorrect?

Yes I know those stats but every thing is not as it seems in China. The stats which are the basis for GDP estimates are always inflated so that the higher level officials will be pleased. Please go through the article mentioned in my above post.

Götterdämmerung;4305659 said:
And yet your PM said something like Mumbai will become like Shanghai in five years ... and we are all still waiting for that day. :lol:

And yet, Indians are still dreaming to work in concrete jungles like New York, London, Singapore or Hongkong.

Those are not my stats, they are stats that our companies publicise because we make loads of money in China.

Since you can't eat that grape, there is no need to tell me that it's sour.

That was a pragmatic statement and we do not envy Shangai or Beiging.

Nor we follow Chinese model.

You just chest thump with out any debating skills.

That was a pragmatic statement and we do not envy Shangai or Beiging.

Nor we follow Chinese model.

You just chest thump with out any debating skills.

Maybe your politicians should make realistic statement and stop daydreaming!

Why should I chest thumb for someone I have no advantage of (with the exception that they buy ship loads of our products)? I'm just happy that we are doing well despite the Euro crisis thanks to our exports to China. :)

Of course you can't follow the Chinese model, because for that you need a set of competent politicians and educated workers in the hundred millions.

Back
Top Bottom